So folks my family and friends are debating between these two resorts/mountains. There is going to be a group of 12 flying into Denver January 25th and staying till the 29th. Out of the 12 people going there are 4 of us that are intermediate skiers/snowboarders and the rest are beginners. However, my middle brother is not big on skiing period and likes to do the whole snowmobiling scene. So I was also wondering what place y'all recommend on that matter. Lastly, we as a group like to go out at night and have a couple of drinks so I didn't know what place offered a better nightlife. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- Request for input related to deciding between Copper, Winter Park or Steamboat for family trip Last post on 1/27/17 at 2:24pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Plan my Breckenridge trip - Feb 1-3 [first time out west, flying from OH] Last post on 12/28/16 at 9:07am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Will Winter Park or Steamboat be Busiest the weekend before Christmas? Last post on 9/5/16 at 4:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
- "Top" Family Ski Resorts, anything new for 2015-16? [A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:10pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Early December Ski Trip in Colorado [beginner/intermediate flying into Denver] Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2Last edited: 1/20/17
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Steamboat Springs vs Winter Park
Gear mentioned in this thread:
is this a question? Enjoy. FWIW- there is a lot of snowmobiling going on at the Boat. Lot's of guiding trips and such. If you are a partying group, you may want to stay downtown- easier to stumble right down lincoln into your room....
I think he was just ribbing you because the answer is so clear: Steamboat by a mile.
Winter Park is much closer to Denver and you can take the train. Winter Park has better scenery--the mountains in Steamboat are kind of dull and rolling as opposed to large and craggy. Winter Park is better for moguls and bowl skiing, which I'm guessing your group won't care that much about anyway since they're all novices.
Steamboat has some of the best snow in Colorado and that's really where it excels over WP. Steamboat's also a more fun town, imo, and has a great variety of terrain.
I'd recommend Steamboat hand over hand, unless you're worried about travel time.
I know nothing about snowmobiling, but I'm sure a look at the individual chambers of commerce would provide a quick comparison.
- Steamboat Springs vs Winter Park
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brahmas on Black Diamond question 15 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 16 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 19 minutes ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 28 minutes ago
- › 2018 Demo Day results: Sierra At Tahoe demo 33 minutes ago
- › how to get into tree skiing 53 minutes ago
- › How much of Blckcomb is likely to be open last week in April/1st... 54 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › pain help park city custom insoles 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview