So folks my family and friends are debating between these two resorts/mountains. There is going to be a group of 12 flying into Denver January 25th and staying till the 29th. Out of the 12 people going there are 4 of us that are intermediate skiers/snowboarders and the rest are beginners. However, my middle brother is not big on skiing period and likes to do the whole snowmobiling scene. So I was also wondering what place y'all recommend on that matter. Lastly, we as a group like to go out at night and have a couple of drinks so I didn't know what place offered a better nightlife. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- Will Winter Park or Steamboat be Busiest the weekend before Christmas? Last post on 9/5/16 at 4:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
- "Top" Family Ski Resorts, anything new for 2015-16? [A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:10pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Early December Ski Trip in Colorado [beginner/intermediate flying into Denver] Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Any thought to a Ski resort vacation deals thread? Last post on 8/6/14 at 9:36am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Steamboat vs Winter Park ? Last post on 9/11/14 at 10:28pm in General Skiing Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Steamboat Springs vs Winter Park
Gear mentioned in this thread:
is this a question? Enjoy. FWIW- there is a lot of snowmobiling going on at the Boat. Lot's of guiding trips and such. If you are a partying group, you may want to stay downtown- easier to stumble right down lincoln into your room....
I think he was just ribbing you because the answer is so clear: Steamboat by a mile.
Winter Park is much closer to Denver and you can take the train. Winter Park has better scenery--the mountains in Steamboat are kind of dull and rolling as opposed to large and craggy. Winter Park is better for moguls and bowl skiing, which I'm guessing your group won't care that much about anyway since they're all novices.
Steamboat has some of the best snow in Colorado and that's really where it excels over WP. Steamboat's also a more fun town, imo, and has a great variety of terrain.
I'd recommend Steamboat hand over hand, unless you're worried about travel time.
I know nothing about snowmobiling, but I'm sure a look at the individual chambers of commerce would provide a quick comparison.
- Steamboat Springs vs Winter Park
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Holiday Valley, Seven Springs, Snowshoe, Bristol Lets Meetup! 7 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 9 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 9 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 18 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 40 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 43 minutes ago
- › Accessing the Powder Highway from Calgary 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer