Giving respect and thoughts is about Jamie Pierre and his family. not about us and our perspective on safety. do that elsewhere, a thread was set up for that. this is like leaving flowers, not criticism. We'll miss JP a lot. he had a lot of close friends.
Related Forum Threads
- avalanche Last post on 2/26/12 at 9:05am in General Skiing Discussion
- A Dangerous Day in the Wasatch Last post on 11/21/11 at 7:52pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Avalanche Center Online Auction, through Dec 17 Last post on 12/21/10 at 12:14am in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- Beacon's, Probes and Recco's Oh My! Last post on 1/10/09 at 4:58am in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- More avalanches Last post on 3/4/16 at 6:28pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Last edited: 4/27/11
- Electromagnetic Interference and Avalanche BeaconsLast edited: 11/13/12
- Skinning PrimerLast edited: 10/30/11
- Pow Te ChingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Alaska Heli Skiing Trip ReportLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
RIP Jamie Pierre - Page 2post #31 of 3311/19/11 at 6:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3311/19/11 at 10:21am
I just deleted a post here because it was over the line. Please keep this thread about the tragedy at hand. As davluri states above please take your discussions on safety, helmet wearing, other matters to another thread.
Thank you.post #33 of 3311/19/11 at 11:58am
I revised my post. I was not intending to pass judgement. I hate when people go, and I especially hate it when that loss could have been avoided in some way. In this case, I agree that a helmet wouldn't have made a difference. And I also respect that caution and safety probably weren't the most important thing at JP's core. Ultimately, he died doing what he loved, and we all take on a bit of risk every time we strap on a pair of skis, board, cross the street, etc. Jamie's style wouldn't have been what it was without some sort of throwing caution to the wind.
I feel sad for his wife, kids, family, friends, and everyone who knew him or was inspired by him.
- RIP Jamie Pierre
- Electromagnetic Interference and Avalanche Beacons
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 7 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 8 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 12 minutes ago
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 22 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 25 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 30 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 38 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Saving boots for another kid 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer