The last post on this product was 2008 but no one had any experience with the product. Anyone out there with some info?
Related Forum Threads
- mens vs womens skis Last post on 1/4/13 at 3:51pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Best advanced 90-100mm fixed-heel binding for your knees Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:14pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- WANTED: Powder ski Last post on 3/26/13 at 8:36am in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- My Old Man- Needs a new hard snow ski Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:24pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Being Proactive instead of Reactive with your Knees Last post on 1/11/13 at 5:25am in Fitness, Injury, and Recovery
ACL Injury For Skiers
Edited on 1/7/13
- Quadriceps Tendon Rupture Repair And RehabEdited on 4/19/11
I own the helldorado's and have put about 25 days on them here in the PNW through every kind of snow imaginable, from knee deep pow to wind blown to cement to small bumps to icy hardpack to...
I haven't had a chance to do more than a dry run with the intercom system. My intention was to use it with one of our blind students in our adaptive program, but that never came to fruition. I...
This is a summertime purchase. I'll provide an on-snow review when I can. I picked up this boot at an off-season sale at the Boot Doctors in Telluride, together with a custom footbed....
Sun Valley owner Earl Holding recently passed away (2013) but he wanted to leave a legacy in the Sun Valley resort. The millions he invested into the on mountain lodges, manmade snow making...
A picture paints a thousand words so here's a promo video for the resorts in New South Wales http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ESezPu_7I1A
- Quadriceps Tendon Rupture Repair And Rehab
If your knees are bad enough to need some sort of brace, there are proven options available but you should consult with an orthopedic surgeon about the best option for you. Buying something that gives you what may be a false sense of security is not a good idea.
Thank you mtcyclist - I am an orthopedic specialist myself and have been through several years of diagnosis, treatment and physical therapy! My problem is not the need for bracing as instability is not the problem - but relief from repetitive stress on the knee joint due to degenerative changes. This product "promises" a 33% reduction in this type of stress as the product is essentially a shock absorber. They have a money back (almost all of it anyway) program to try it out. A couple of good reports from expert skiers using it in off piste, cruddy conditions. I'm game - nothing to lose, a lot to gain!
There is another product you should check, made or at least developed at Vail IIRC. Unfortunately I don't know what it's called. There are two rods that go from your hip to the back of the boot(I think). Maybe someone else knows the name of it. I know a PSIA Level 3 who uses it. I'll send her an email.
- Ski Mojo
- › Colorado Wildfires - 2013 29 seconds ago
- › Boot fitters going the way of the dinosaurs? 3 minutes ago
- › How do you find the challenge in all situations? 27 minutes ago
- › How do you teach "Strong Inside Half?" 35 minutes ago
- › Who taught you how to ski? 38 minutes ago
- › Powder Ski help 54 minutes ago
- › EpicSki Exclusive: 33% Discount on the SkiA Sweetspot Trainer 57 minutes ago
- › Lean angle of Salomon boots 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Switching to skiing, what should my first pair be? 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Pow Mow Under New Management 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › 2013 Nordica Helldorado by lrn2swim
- › UClear HBC220 Snow Bluetooth by 4ster
- › 2013 Dalbello Scorpion SR130 by AlbuquerqueDan
- › Sun Valley Resort by ketchumid
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by veteran
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the... by nolo
- › GORE-TEX 101 by Fritzski
- › Mad River Glen: True Believers by nolo
- › In Praise of the Anti-Resorts by nolo
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo