Related Forum Threads
- Volkl Bridges or what? Last post on 1/7/12 at 2:55pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Blizzard Bonafide or Blizzard Bushwacker??? Last post on 11/18/11 at 9:14pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Rossignol Avenger 74 question Last post on 11/11/11 at 8:23am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Will my Rossignol S7 Juniors hold me back? Last post on 11/6/11 at 8:19am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Rossignol Strato 70 Ti ski length? Last post on 11/6/11 at 4:48am in Ski Gear Discussion
2017 Rossignol Sky 7 HD Review
Last edited: 8/4/16
- 2017 Rossignol Soul 7 HD ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Rossignol Slat ReviewLast edited: 1/20/16
- 2016 Rossignol Axial3 Dual 120 WTR Binding ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW ShowLast edited: 5/8/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Race Skis?post #2 of 511/8/11 at 7:40pm
How much do you weigh? The Rossignols are a Jr. which will generally be less stiff than a standard race ski. (Although I haven't skied the Rossi Jrs. I own Elan Jrs. in 170 and have skied and liked the Atomic Jrs, - I weigh about 115.) In general, I have found the Rossignol race skis to be less stiff than Volkl. Have you skied the Rossis?post #3 of 511/9/11 at 6:36pmThread Starter
I'm just around 100lbs. And 5'2. I'm looking at the 150's (sounds right to me anyway. My 150 gotamas fit perfect)
Yes I've demo'd Rossi race skis before but not this year's model (I'm guessing they don't really change THAT much)... I liked them, have some good grip, stability, etc... I was thinking since I have some Volkl Gotamas as all-mtn skis I'd just get the Rossis because they're less $$ and I think they're pretty decent.(Even though I'd probably prefer the Volkl Racetigers because I used to have those - grew outta them tho)... Hmm...post #4 of 511/9/11 at 7:23pm
Race skis will be sized differently than all mountain skis. For someone your size, Rossignol recommends the 160 in that ski. That is if you are using it for racing. If you are using it for a general carver, I'd probably still go with the 160. I doubt you will be getting shorter and lighter during the coming year. Good luck and enjoy whatever you get.post #5 of 511/10/11 at 8:54am
There are lots of good junior race skis out there at reasonable prices. I don't think 100 pounds is heavy enough to bend an adult race ski. Check out: http://www.ski-depot.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=RACECLOSEOUT. They have several previous year's models available there orther are other online sites. I personally never buy used race skis because they have probably been tuned numerous times and may have les edge left for future use.
I've heard a general rule of thumb that 115-120 pounds is the upper limit for junior skis. My 23 year old daughter weighs only about 110 and still skis on some junior GS skis and I can't keep up with her. Good luck!
- Race Skis?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2017 Rossignol Soul 7 HD Review
- › Demo bindings 22 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 26 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 38 minutes ago
- › 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 38 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 45 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 55 minutes ago
- › Confirmed: VW bringing Golf Sportwagen Alltrack to the U.S. (for... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Question about shuttle bus from Banff to ski areas 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer