Related Forum Threads
- Volkl Bridges or what? Last post on 1/7/12 at 2:55pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Blizzard Bonafide or Blizzard Bushwacker??? Last post on 11/18/11 at 9:14pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Rossignol Avenger 74 question Last post on 11/11/11 at 8:23am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Will my Rossignol S7 Juniors hold me back? Last post on 11/6/11 at 8:19am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Rossignol Strato 70 Ti ski length? Last post on 11/6/11 at 4:48am in Ski Gear Discussion
2017 Rossignol Sky 7 HD Review
Last edited: 8/4/16
- 2017 Rossignol Soul 7 HD ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Rossignol Slat ReviewLast edited: 1/20/16
- 2016 Rossignol Axial3 Dual 120 WTR Binding ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW ShowLast edited: 5/8/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Race Skis?post #2 of 511/8/11 at 7:40pm
How much do you weigh? The Rossignols are a Jr. which will generally be less stiff than a standard race ski. (Although I haven't skied the Rossi Jrs. I own Elan Jrs. in 170 and have skied and liked the Atomic Jrs, - I weigh about 115.) In general, I have found the Rossignol race skis to be less stiff than Volkl. Have you skied the Rossis?post #3 of 511/9/11 at 6:36pmThread Starter
I'm just around 100lbs. And 5'2. I'm looking at the 150's (sounds right to me anyway. My 150 gotamas fit perfect)
Yes I've demo'd Rossi race skis before but not this year's model (I'm guessing they don't really change THAT much)... I liked them, have some good grip, stability, etc... I was thinking since I have some Volkl Gotamas as all-mtn skis I'd just get the Rossis because they're less $$ and I think they're pretty decent.(Even though I'd probably prefer the Volkl Racetigers because I used to have those - grew outta them tho)... Hmm...post #4 of 511/9/11 at 7:23pm
Race skis will be sized differently than all mountain skis. For someone your size, Rossignol recommends the 160 in that ski. That is if you are using it for racing. If you are using it for a general carver, I'd probably still go with the 160. I doubt you will be getting shorter and lighter during the coming year. Good luck and enjoy whatever you get.post #5 of 511/10/11 at 8:54am
There are lots of good junior race skis out there at reasonable prices. I don't think 100 pounds is heavy enough to bend an adult race ski. Check out: http://www.ski-depot.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=RACECLOSEOUT. They have several previous year's models available there orther are other online sites. I personally never buy used race skis because they have probably been tuned numerous times and may have les edge left for future use.
I've heard a general rule of thumb that 115-120 pounds is the upper limit for junior skis. My 23 year old daughter weighs only about 110 and still skis on some junior GS skis and I can't keep up with her. Good luck!
- Race Skis?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2017 Rossignol Soul 7 HD Review
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 7 minutes ago
- › 2018 Kastle skis? 7 minutes ago
- › Binding Brakes / Size - Pivot to Enforcer 100 14 minutes ago
- › Kastle skis -- vastly overrated ! What do you think ? 20 minutes ago
- › I Can't ski powder? 21 minutes ago
- › Mikaela Shiffrin Training 31 minutes ago
- › PSA - Tyrolia Attack 13 Ski Bindings 2017 - $119 39 minutes ago
- › I want to taste the Kastle Kool-Aid but... 46 minutes ago
- › Giant Slalom, 1994 World Technical Skiing Championships 46 minutes ago
- › Opinions sought on Zermaat-Cervinia : How does it compare 49 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview