Just started racing senior mens SL and GS last year on Voikl AC 40s. Had some success, but am looking to buy real race skis this year. I am looking at the 2010 Atomic sl D2 FIS complient. I'm a pretty agressive skier, love to ski fast and can carve well. The course i race on gets pretty icey and my all mountain skis wouldn't hold an edge. From everything I've read the D2' are great. I'm wondering if the they might be too hard to handle and would be too big a jump into high end racing skis. Anybody have any experiance with them?
Related Forum Threads
- newb in forum here Last post on 11/17/11 at 12:47pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski Suggestions - Narrowing it down to Jeffrey, vicik, gotama Last post on 1/30/12 at 2:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- New gear Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:54pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Class of 2012, what's waiting for snow? Last post on 11/2/11 at 4:42pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Atomic betacarv 9.20; need advice on tuning Last post on 11/6/11 at 9:17am in Ski Gear Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
atomic race sl d2 m 2010 fis
I've got the 2010 non FIS D2 GS (179cm - 19m radius) and I love this ski. My previous ski was the Volkl Tigershark 12, which is a great ski, but not for racing. Try the D2, you will not be disappointed and it is probably not that big a step up from the AC 40. Very easy turn initiation, great edge hold and stable. My racing has been limited to a lot of NASTAR, where the 19m radius is a big help, not sure about Masters or "senior mens". Try this post in the racing forum and I am sure you will get feedback from experienced masters racers.
I skied the SL D2 Fis, non Fis and the Fis without D2. (all season 2010/11)
The D2 Fis seemed to be very, very stiff I had some trouble bending it(I still liked it until I tested the one without D2 and liked that one even more). The Fis without D2 was by far my favorite ski last winter. But it is very sensible and unforgiving. The normal D2 was a lot of fun and I think might be perfect for you, if you are not used to race SL yet, especially if you liked it's GS version. I switched to Nordica so can not say anything about the 2011/12 versions.
- atomic race sl d2 m 2010 fis
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Bode News 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 3 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer