Just started racing senior mens SL and GS last year on Voikl AC 40s. Had some success, but am looking to buy real race skis this year. I am looking at the 2010 Atomic sl D2 FIS complient. I'm a pretty agressive skier, love to ski fast and can carve well. The course i race on gets pretty icey and my all mountain skis wouldn't hold an edge. From everything I've read the D2' are great. I'm wondering if the they might be too hard to handle and would be too big a jump into high end racing skis. Anybody have any experiance with them?
Related Forum Threads
- newb in forum here Last post on 11/17/11 at 12:47pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski Suggestions - Narrowing it down to Jeffrey, vicik, gotama Last post on 1/30/12 at 2:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- New gear Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:54pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Class of 2012, what's waiting for snow? Last post on 11/2/11 at 4:42pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Atomic betacarv 9.20; need advice on tuning Last post on 11/6/11 at 9:17am in Ski Gear Discussion
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
atomic race sl d2 m 2010 fis
I've got the 2010 non FIS D2 GS (179cm - 19m radius) and I love this ski. My previous ski was the Volkl Tigershark 12, which is a great ski, but not for racing. Try the D2, you will not be disappointed and it is probably not that big a step up from the AC 40. Very easy turn initiation, great edge hold and stable. My racing has been limited to a lot of NASTAR, where the 19m radius is a big help, not sure about Masters or "senior mens". Try this post in the racing forum and I am sure you will get feedback from experienced masters racers.
I skied the SL D2 Fis, non Fis and the Fis without D2. (all season 2010/11)
The D2 Fis seemed to be very, very stiff I had some trouble bending it(I still liked it until I tested the one without D2 and liked that one even more). The Fis without D2 was by far my favorite ski last winter. But it is very sensible and unforgiving. The normal D2 was a lot of fun and I think might be perfect for you, if you are not used to race SL yet, especially if you liked it's GS version. I switched to Nordica so can not say anything about the 2011/12 versions.
- atomic race sl d2 m 2010 fis
- › Do not buy Rossignol SOUL 7's (or any of their products for that... 6 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 41 minutes ago
- › L3 finally in the books 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise 110 or Dynafit Radical CR boots for new AT setup? 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › [New Boots] What boot to look for my progress/aim 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Looking for new skis to replace old K2 Escape 5500s 5 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Should I be conservative or go for the better one? 5 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? 6 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!