Like I said, I did a quick read and didn't see it.
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on Yesterday at 4:32 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Easiest Mountain in Utah? Last post on 7/10/16 at 5:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
- How to find powder? Last post on 1/2/16 at 11:58am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015-16 Utah weather, news, conditions discussion Last post on 8/8/16 at 6:34pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Mid-January advice for Utah Last post on 1/23/15 at 9:54am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Snowbasin, UT Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing Snowbasin
Snowbasin and Powder Mountain Experts - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow, I think I finally found a category where a mid-Atlantic ski area tops many western ski areas. I drove the Powder Mtn access road last Jan in a car with regular all season tires. First ever visit there. It does have a bit of a reputation and I thought about the shuttle, but there was no fresh snow that day and we were fine. I have driven the Blue Knob, PA access road hundreds of times. Blue Knob's is much more hairy.
I should add that Blue Knob is an upside down ski area with the lodge and parking at the summit (4000') of the hill. Some other mid-Atlantic upside downers that have an access road that can be tough are Snowshoe, WV and Wintergreen, VA. I think there's some in NC that are challenging too in snowy weather.
Depending on which direction you come from 219 to Snowshoe can be really bad.
Correction, elevation of Blue Knob is only about 3100", but the access road climbs from about 1500' above sea level over the few miles to the resort.
Ahhh, the chain on - chain off controversy. There's a reason for requiring chains more than just safety. Its economics as well. Skis areas like PowMow don't like it when their road is closed due to someone not knowing how to drive in the snow.
When others, besides the ding-dong who just ditched their car, cannot get to the ski area, guess who is losing $$$$? Yep, the skis areas. That's why Colorado began cracking down on the semis who'd lose themselves & then block I-70 for hours causing the skiers to sit & wait....thereby causing the state to lose tax $$$ & the ski areas losing visitors & $$$.
Chain requirements have been going here in California for years as the SF Bay Area hasn't seen snow in 20-30 years yet if you drive 3 hours, you can be at Squaw Valley which got over 800" last year. When I first moved to CA I thought it was silly, but then after being here, realized the impact of peeps not knowing how to drive in the snow can really screw up a good pow day on the mountain.
Chain requirements are good for skiers & snowboarders.
- Snowbasin and Powder Mountain Experts
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 2 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 4 minutes ago
- › Mt. Bachelor buiding new chairlift will open many more acres. 9 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 13 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 19 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 22 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 26 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 2016/17 [14 destinations, including Whistler,... 29 minutes ago
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 35 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 38 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer