Like I said, I did a quick read and didn't see it.
Related Forum Threads
- Snowbasin/PowMou on Liftopia? Last post on 2/17/17 at 3:49pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ten Days Of The Best Snow On Earth Last post on 2/5/17 at 10:32pm in Trip Reports
- First trip to powmow/snow basin/ogden 1/24-1/27 Last post on 2/24/17 at 10:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Live In Ogden and Ski Snowbasin Last post on 12/30/16 at 11:21am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on Today at 8:46 am in General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
Last edited: 12/19/16
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial GuideLast edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Snowbasin and Powder Mountain Experts - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3411/20/11 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesj
Wow, I think I finally found a category where a mid-Atlantic ski area tops many western ski areas. I drove the Powder Mtn access road last Jan in a car with regular all season tires. First ever visit there. It does have a bit of a reputation and I thought about the shuttle, but there was no fresh snow that day and we were fine. I have driven the Blue Knob, PA access road hundreds of times. Blue Knob's is much more hairy.
I should add that Blue Knob is an upside down ski area with the lodge and parking at the summit (4000') of the hill. Some other mid-Atlantic upside downers that have an access road that can be tough are Snowshoe, WV and Wintergreen, VA. I think there's some in NC that are challenging too in snowy weather.
Depending on which direction you come from 219 to Snowshoe can be really bad.
post #33 of 3411/20/11 at 1:01pmQuote:
Correction, elevation of Blue Knob is only about 3100", but the access road climbs from about 1500' above sea level over the few miles to the resort.post #34 of 3411/20/11 at 9:50pm
Ahhh, the chain on - chain off controversy. There's a reason for requiring chains more than just safety. Its economics as well. Skis areas like PowMow don't like it when their road is closed due to someone not knowing how to drive in the snow.
When others, besides the ding-dong who just ditched their car, cannot get to the ski area, guess who is losing $$$$? Yep, the skis areas. That's why Colorado began cracking down on the semis who'd lose themselves & then block I-70 for hours causing the skiers to sit & wait....thereby causing the state to lose tax $$$ & the ski areas losing visitors & $$$.
Chain requirements have been going here in California for years as the SF Bay Area hasn't seen snow in 20-30 years yet if you drive 3 hours, you can be at Squaw Valley which got over 800" last year. When I first moved to CA I thought it was silly, but then after being here, realized the impact of peeps not knowing how to drive in the snow can really screw up a good pow day on the mountain.
Chain requirements are good for skiers & snowboarders.
- Snowbasin and Powder Mountain Experts
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial Guide
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 1 minute ago
- › MA my bump skiing 5 minutes ago
- › Enforcer 93 vs. Kore 93 9 minutes ago
- › Ski Boots - size question 16 minutes ago
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 17 minutes ago
- › Tips for keeping your tips up? 18 minutes ago
- › Post Stone Grind Ski Cleaning Prior to Waxing 20 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 21 minutes ago
- › MA this intermediate(ish) senior skier 21 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 28 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview