EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › A new moderator (We're young again)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A new moderator (We're young again)

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 

I'm happy to announce we have added Tylrwnzl to the moderation team.  As I looked around the moderator lounge, it was becoming apparent, we had one thing in common....we're getting older!  We try to maintain a diverse group in the moderation team, and with Tyrone Shoelaces and Heluvaskier leaving the team over the last couple of years, we needed some younger perspectives, and some who has distinguished themselves at fulfiling that criteria without actually calling us old guys "fossils" is tylrwnzl.  We are impressed with his communication skills, sense of humor, and hope he brings some new perspectives along with him to the team.

 

Congrats Tyler, and welcome to the team, and enjoy Costa Rica.

 

 

post #2 of 28

And as my official first act of public moderation I have edited your post to correctly spell my user handle sir head Fossil. wink.gif

 

I'm glad to have joined the team.

post #3 of 28
Thread Starter 

I never could spell that name...too many consonants. nonono2.gif

 

Hey, does your mom know who you're hanging out with?

post #4 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post

I never could spell that name...too many consonants. nonono2.gif

 

Hey, does your mom know who you're hanging out with?


You mean people as old as her? duck.gifROTF.gif

 

post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post

I'm happy to announce we have added Tylrwnzl to the moderation team.  As I looked around the moderator lounge, it was becoming apparent, we had one thing in common....we're getting older! 

 

 



 

If Tyler is bucking that trend then he certainly is one amazing dude!

post #6 of 28

Congrats!

post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

And as my official first act of public moderation I have edited your post to correctly spell my user handle sir head Fossil. wink.gif

 

I'm glad to have joined the team.



Brilliant!!!beercheer.gif

 

 

 

post #8 of 28

does this mean he will start eating a more responsible diet? biggrin.gif

post #9 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

does this mean he will start eating a more responsible diet? biggrin.gif



Never. duel.gif

post #10 of 28

well I hope that you start drinking better at least 

post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

well I hope that you start drinking better at least 



Milk will be his drink of choice.  He's going to be a great DD!

post #12 of 28


Naah, assuming he's over 21 or can't find the key to the parents liquor closet, he needs good beer to handle the helmet posts....  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post



Milk will be his drink of choice.  He's going to be a great DD!



 

post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post


Naah, assuming he's over 21 or can't find the key to the parents liquor closet, he needs good beer to handle the helmet posts....  
 



 


There you go assuming......

 

 

post #14 of 28

Congrats!

Hey, is there a training process?

Like, do we have a simulator where one starts say a mogul technique thread, then inserts helmet posts, and to top it off, we really turn up the moderation volume by introducing teaching systems? We see how the trainee moderator handles it. Just like an airline simulator where they introduce multiple system failures. 

Let's put Huddler on that one....

post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog View Post

Congrats!

Hey, is there a training process?

Like, do we have a simulator where one starts say a mogul technique thread, then inserts helmet posts, and to top it off, we really turn up the moderation volume by introducing teaching systems? We see how the trainee moderator handles it. Just like an airline simulator where they introduce multiple system failures. 

Let's put Huddler on that one....


Well the currently ongoing helmet thread is way to kind to be considered a training exercise. 

 

post #16 of 28

Congrats.   I hope you can moderate while are skiing.  With all the new apps and all the other thing out there it shouldn't be hard.  Again Congrats.

post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
...
He's going to be a great DD!


How is that even possible?!

 

:D

 

post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladL View Post




How is that even possible?!

 

:D

 


images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPm4BpKM7EyoEsB_HgE4JnrEsVBtYXqcYNZeAHKsHSaRlHm9hH

 

 

post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post


images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPm4BpKM7EyoEsB_HgE4JnrEsVBtYXqcYNZeAHKsHSaRlHm9hH

 

 



I thought they said "training", not "Tranee"

post #20 of 28

Am I going to have to end up moderating my own party? nonono2.gif

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post





I thought they said "training", not "Tranee"



 

I thought we were discussing the possiblity of double Ds.

th_dunno-1[1].gif

post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

Am I going to have to end up moderating my own party? nonono2.gif



Sometimes you just have to go with it.  That is what keeps the job interesting...many shades of gray painted by people you like.

post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

Am I going to have to end up moderating my own party? nonono2.gif



 


Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

And as my official first act of public moderation I have edited your post to correctly spell my user handle sir head Fossil. wink.gif

 

I'm glad to have joined the team.



 

post #24 of 28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

Am I going to have to end up moderating my own party? nonono2.gif

 

Isn't that what one usually does at one's own party?

So, "Bring your green hat!..." It might get worse.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLuX68zVpRI&feature=related

 

post #25 of 28

Excellent!

post #26 of 28

Welcome to the team...........does this mean that I am now a fossil?eek.gif

post #27 of 28

Ahhh the life of a moderator.

 

Remember to use your power for good and not for evil.

 

Just a thought from EpicSki's first moderator   :)

post #28 of 28

Thanks AC

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › A new moderator (We're young again)