Agreed, I absolutely prefer the DryQ Elite over Gore-Tex. But I find MH stuff doesn't fit me very well now since I've lost 30 lbs. Had to go with Arc'teryx instead now. Gore-Tex, obviously, but I've revamped my layering so I won't run too hot; it's usually very cold where I ski anyways.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryMens Ski Jacketstagged by System, 11/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Jacket recommendation for March skiing? Last post on 2/13/13 at 4:01am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Insulated vs non-insulated shell? Last post on 11/20/12 at 9:01am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Would you buy a $900 ski jacket? Last post on 5/2/15 at 3:40am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Should I go for a one piece suit this season? Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:45pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- I need help picking out a jacket and pants. Help me decide please! Last post on 11/14/12 at 1:33pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Mountain Hardwear Kepler Softshell jacket - Page 5
Missed it, but found it here...
Pretty good price, and they had several sizes, if not colors.
||Mountain Hardwear Kepler Softshell Jacket - Men'sadd alert|
|The Mountain Hardwear Men's Kepler Softshell Jacket features its own scientific breakthrough: the ultra-breathable Dry.Q Elite technology, which delivers total waterproof protection along with incredible breathability. (MHW1902)
25 items were listed on October 27th, 2012 at 8:16am (Saturday)
|Buy now at
Total Qty: 2
Total Qty: 4
Total Qty: 8
Total Qty: 3
Total Qty: 8
Got the Kepler the other day delivered by the mail. I am 5'9", 165 & I bought the Large after also being the owner of an MH Exposure & Ethereal of the same size.
Upon trying on the Kepler, I was surprised at the snugness found in the shoulders. The sleeves seem to be just right. It certainly is lighter than the Exposure that I have with 3 layers, with one being the mesh interior.
I will have to do some "testing" & trying on with different layers to see if I will keep it. It looks great & is very well constructed, so no issues from that end.
Have worn my Kepler several times cross country skiing this winter. Has worked great - just enough warmth with a single, light wicking undershirt, the Kepler providing excellent breathability.
Finally got it out today in some serious ( for California! ;-) winter weather - 20 degrees and blowing hard!
I had a merino wool undershirt and a light poly shell under the Kepler, and that was just right! Stayed comfortably warm, and great to have a jacket with a hood that will fit over my helmet!
The Kepler's snug fit wasn't a problem - never felt constricted. My only complaints are that I had to wear my mittens over the sleeves (cuffs are cut tight) and couldn't carry a Platypus like I normally do, as the Kepler doesn't come with a big, webbed pocket inside.
Those nits aside - perfect!
- Mountain Hardwear Kepler Softshell jacket
- › Stowe - This Weekend 28 seconds ago
- › Skis, Old vs New 6 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 9 minutes ago
- › Any cheaper lodging for Mammoth Mountain? 28 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 39 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 41 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 48 minutes ago
- › Tahoe trip 52 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 56 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 58 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview