Long time lurker, first time poster and I dread being "that guy", but here I go anyhow...
- Age: 42
- 5'11" 200 pounds
- Ability: about a 5 out of 6 (depending on terrain)
- Time on the hill: Took all of my 20s and half my 30s off from skiing... now I get about 25 days a year in
- Daily drivers: Fischer Watea 84s 177cm (Love them!)
- Boot: Lange RX130s (last years... Love them!)
- Location: Seattle, WA (ski primarily NW, including Whistler, with at least one trip per year out of state to ID, CO, UT, etc.).
A 2nd pair for fresh snow days that I can go off on my own (off-piste) in the morning but then be able to still have fun (carve) on the groomers with the wife in the afternoon. The groomers will be fairly cruddy on these, I would assume.
I have no desire to get rid of my Watea's... my assumption is that I should be looking for something in that 105 to 110 underfoot range. I've been around to the shops and have started to triangulate what I'll want to demo, when the snow arrives. The purpose of this post is to maybe get that demo list a little shorter, if I won't be able to do a demo day but will have to demo through the shop. If that's the case, then I may only get to demo about 3 pair, maybe 4.
Here's my list:
- Atomic Blog: 3 out of 4 guys in a row (from 3 different shops) started with the Blog
- Line SF Bacon: the only shop that carried them, started here then went to the Blog
- K2 Sidestash: eveyone suggests them about 2 or 3 down the list.
- Rossignal S7: not pushed that hard, which surprises me
- Blizzard Cochise: one guy recommended, then another guy thought it's going to be too stiff for my tastes (based on my love affair with the Wateas).
- Line Influence 105
Please be gentle.