Jim inTokyo is possibly coming for an Inland visit with his wife in mid March. While I am on the subject of visitors anyone interested in having another IPNW (Inland PNW) gathering this year. Last one we had was at Schweitzer about 3 years ago where Bonnie broke her leg. Might be fun. Any suggestions etc. ? If we have a great snow year again maybe we could even make it a powder day. Orf thinking Bigger a Cat day at Schweitzer where we rent the whole cat for the day or 1/2 or whatever.
- itemSchweitzer Mountain Resorttagged by System, 11/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Closer Last post on 4/13/16 at 2:14pm in Trip Reports
- Which resort has the easiest greens? [A Beginner Zone question] Last post on 5/6/16 at 1:15pm in Beginner Zone
- 13" of Dumpage and Sun at Schweitzer Last post on 2/24/16 at 11:15am in Trip Reports
- Adult looking for no-frills, budget ski instruction Last post on 2/3/16 at 9:07pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Best Christmas Week at Schweitzer in decades Last post on 1/4/16 at 10:44am in Trip Reports
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Pete & Group,
Thanks much for the shout-out. Plans are very fluid and probably won't firm up until sometime in December at earliest, but it's definitely on my radar.
I'd absolutely be up for at least one or two days of cat skiing if it happens.
OK, lets keep in it mind and see what happens with the snow etc. I'll do some preliminary research on a few things and maybe we can do it again. Would b e fun to get together for a couple days. Maybe we could even get some Bears over from the West side. Just some ideas off the top of my head. Cat at Schweitzer 2nd day, lst day at Schweitzer, special lodging price in Sandpoint,all meet somewhere for dinner and drinks. Think about it if you want and forward some ideas. Might be fun.
I know, and I was really torn between trying to make it to the Tahoe Gathering and getting up to Schweitzer & Silver. The combination of La Nina, Pete's offer of some guidance and the prospect of maybe cat-skiing at reasonable rates (to say nothing of the 90-minute shorter trans-Pacific flights, most of you have no idea -- and be thankful you don't -- how much difference there is between 10 1/2 and 12 hours on an airplane) make the inland PNW pretty attractive.
Cool! Keep us updated on dates and maybe we can organize a gathering and/or look into the cat at Schweitzer.
I'm going to be up a BRC on March 4, but wide open other than that.
- › Whistler sure...Off to a great opening. 35 seconds ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 3 minutes ago
- › Any feedback on Fischer's The CURV? 8 minutes ago
- › New skis! [for Colorado to replace MX83] 20 minutes ago
- › Vail or Breck 12/18 - 12/22 Solo 22 minutes ago
- › Wandering ski tips 52 minutes ago
- › No matter what I can't far enough forward-how do I fix this 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Interesting/complicated/scary stories from La Grave?-Please do tell 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › In what conditions is it permissible to lift the inner ski without... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis