Jim inTokyo is possibly coming for an Inland visit with his wife in mid March. While I am on the subject of visitors anyone interested in having another IPNW (Inland PNW) gathering this year. Last one we had was at Schweitzer about 3 years ago where Bonnie broke her leg. Might be fun. Any suggestions etc. ? If we have a great snow year again maybe we could even make it a powder day. Orf thinking Bigger a Cat day at Schweitzer where we rent the whole cat for the day or 1/2 or whatever.
- itemSchweitzer Mountain Resorttagged by System, 11/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which skis should I take out West on my vacation. Last post on 2/6/17 at 9:12pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Fun in the Sun at Schweitzer Last post on 12/29/16 at 1:46pm in Trip Reports
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Closer Last post on 4/13/16 at 2:14pm in Trip Reports
- Which resort has the easiest greens? [A Beginner Zone question] Last post on 2/15/17 at 7:32am in Beginner Zone
- 13" of Dumpage and Sun at Schweitzer Last post on 2/24/16 at 11:15am in Trip Reports
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Pete & Group,
Thanks much for the shout-out. Plans are very fluid and probably won't firm up until sometime in December at earliest, but it's definitely on my radar.
I'd absolutely be up for at least one or two days of cat skiing if it happens.
OK, lets keep in it mind and see what happens with the snow etc. I'll do some preliminary research on a few things and maybe we can do it again. Would b e fun to get together for a couple days. Maybe we could even get some Bears over from the West side. Just some ideas off the top of my head. Cat at Schweitzer 2nd day, lst day at Schweitzer, special lodging price in Sandpoint,all meet somewhere for dinner and drinks. Think about it if you want and forward some ideas. Might be fun.
I know, and I was really torn between trying to make it to the Tahoe Gathering and getting up to Schweitzer & Silver. The combination of La Nina, Pete's offer of some guidance and the prospect of maybe cat-skiing at reasonable rates (to say nothing of the 90-minute shorter trans-Pacific flights, most of you have no idea -- and be thankful you don't -- how much difference there is between 10 1/2 and 12 hours on an airplane) make the inland PNW pretty attractive.
Cool! Keep us updated on dates and maybe we can organize a gathering and/or look into the cat at Schweitzer.
I'm going to be up a BRC on March 4, but wide open other than that.
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 10 seconds ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 8 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? 9 minutes ago
- › Pond Skim Technique and Gear 11 minutes ago
- › Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 15 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 20 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 27 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 28 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 33 minutes ago
- › FS 2016 Salomon X Pro 130, Mondo 27.0 / 27.5 40 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!