Does anyone know what Leki means when they call the shaft on a ski pole 4.5, 5.5, or 6.5? Does it have to do with quality?
Related Forum Threads
- Do expensive poles really make much of a difference? Last post on 3/20/13 at 7:54pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Orbital Skiing Poles Last post on 2/4/13 at 10:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Leki Race Pole Warranty Last post on 12/3/13 at 9:56pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Pond skim effect on gear Last post on 4/23/16 at 4:48pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski Reviews, which are your favorite? Last post on 11/13/15 at 12:41pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Tips For Beginning Skiers
Last edited: 11/5/12
- Ski Pole Buying GuideLast edited: 4/19/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- Ski Pole Buying Guide
Leki number system
I'm betting it corresponds to other manufacturers' temper numbers, listed as either F (not treated or hardened) or T (thermally treated after fabrication) numbers.
4.5 looks like it would be comparable to F45, i.e. a not heat treated alloy with 45ksi minimum tensile strength, 5.5 -> F55 (55 ksi) and 6.5 -> F65 (65 ksi)
So, I would be comparing the 4.5 Leki pole to other manufacturers' F45 poles.
- Leki number system
- › Stockli Laser SC: a ski everyone who takes their skiing seriously... 11 minutes ago
- › So the NE is going to have a "weather event starting Thursady night... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › How do I screw bindings on Stockli speedplates? 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Anyone had MSC (aka Regenexx) done to knee and ski'd to tell about it? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › New ski advice [northeast, Mantra? Bonafide?] 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Semantics 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 4 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Zipfit Owners 4 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 4 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Race Skis - Can't get side edges sharp in certain places 5 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview