Does anyone know what Leki means when they call the shaft on a ski pole 4.5, 5.5, or 6.5? Does it have to do with quality?
Related Forum Threads
- Do expensive poles really make much of a difference? Last post on 3/20/13 at 7:54pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Orbital Skiing Poles Last post on 2/4/13 at 10:30pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Leki Race Pole Warranty Last post on 12/3/13 at 9:56pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Pond skim effect on gear Last post on 4/23/16 at 4:48pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski Reviews, which are your favorite? Last post on 11/13/15 at 12:41pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Tips For Beginning Skiers
Last edited: 11/5/12
- Ski Pole Buying GuideLast edited: 4/19/11
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
- Ski Pole Buying Guide
Leki number system
I'm betting it corresponds to other manufacturers' temper numbers, listed as either F (not treated or hardened) or T (thermally treated after fabrication) numbers.
4.5 looks like it would be comparable to F45, i.e. a not heat treated alloy with 45ksi minimum tensile strength, 5.5 -> F55 (55 ksi) and 6.5 -> F65 (65 ksi)
So, I would be comparing the 4.5 Leki pole to other manufacturers' F45 poles.
- Leki number system
- › The Narrower Stance? 15 minutes ago
- › Ski boots for wide feet, Tecnica Ten.2 100HVL 16/17 or something... 18 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Am I nuts to book airfare to Zermatt (Zurich) now for mid-January... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Scariest run you've ever done ? 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › FS Quiver Purge 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Most Aggressive Race Tune you ever skied? 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Whistler sure...Off to a great opening. 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › POLL: The Future of Politics and Hot Topics 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis