New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TGR - Page 4

post #91 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by davluri View Post

agree with VA; I started the film really stoked, everyone there having a great time an' all. But by the end I was blah-ed out, the movie just kind of stopped rather than ended, and I was left with the feeling: is that it?  over?  It was a film with no climax, certainly not one coming from a skier's awesome run. The JH locals ripped

 

lots of sitting on the tails, off jumps, off straight lines. what's up? Is that a look? Is that tail rocker kicking in? It is tiresome to watch over and over. (20 to30 times) and if I'm not mistaken, it's not great skiing, and cinematically = uuuuuugly.

 

I was totally disappointed the Eric Roner didn't do much, but maybe what Supergaper said above about Dynastar's budget is the explanation.

I was there that night with you and if you recall, I left early. 

My body was still recovering from my bike crash and I couldn't sit through the movie, besides the fact that the sound was horrible and the acoustics in that room were annoying. 

 

I guess I've grown accustomed to movies that have awesome lines but still have a story behind them, like Swift Silent Deep, Steep, Edge of Never, etc....

We came home from the TGR movie and watched some old school ski porn.  THAT was fun!
 

 

post #92 of 102

To each his own I guess.  But to say the skiing isn't on par with TGR is ridiculous.  Many of the same athletes have bounced back and forth between the MSP and TGR movies over the years - they're all really good skiers.

 

I suggest giving it another chance - at least through the segment at the Meadows lodge with Abma and Hoji - if you don't think that's good skiing, then I don't know what to say.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin Ski View Post

Based on some of the responses above, I purchased "Attack of La Nina" on iTunes and began watching... I turned off after 12:00 due to boredom... the music, cinematography, even skiing isn't on par with TGR.

 

 

Was that said in jest?

 

 

Who can convince me to keep watching?



 

post #93 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

To each his own I guess.  But to say the skiing isn't on par with TGR is ridiculous.  Many of the same athletes have bounced back and forth between the MSP and TGR movies over the years - they're all really good skiers.

 

I suggest giving it another chance - at least through the segment at the Meadows lodge with Abma and Hoji - if you don't think that's good skiing, then I don't know what to say.
 



 

Honestly it's a waste of time responding to that guy. He's clueless on a myriad of levels.
 

 

post #94 of 102

So is there a general concensus on one of the MSP or TGR movies being the best?  I really want to put one on my ipad and don't want to piss away my money.

post #95 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post

So is there a general concensus on one of the MSP or TGR movies being the best?  I really want to put one on my ipad and don't want to piss away my money.



I thoroughly enjoy both of them. I have easily watched both all the way through at least 5 times.

post #96 of 102

early classics: Tangerine Dream, Yearbook; newer: Light the Wick, In Deep


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post

So is there a general concensus on one of the MSP or TGR movies being the best?  I really want to put one on my ipad and don't want to piss away my money.



 

post #97 of 102

Light the wick is the one I'm leaning towards.  I could be completely mistaken, but is that one snowboarder based?  Even thought there's nothing prettier than a snowboarder carving fresh pow turns, I don't really care to watch them on video, because it doens't relate to me.

post #98 of 102

No, check the skiers on extemesportsdvd  they have a trailer and a summary.

post #99 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecimmortal View Post

Honestly it's a waste of time responding to that guy. He's clueless on a myriad of levels.
 

 



Go pound salt brah

post #100 of 102

Do you always put on an avalung when building snowmen? That's hard core.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

So Snowfun, I see you were kind modest enough to not throw around names here so I think I will, Maybe you should change your name to Hoji-something since you actually DO know him.  I can't find that picture of you two.  icon14.gif

 

now here's a gaper!  I really am a gaper. I will never be cool enough...

 

 

5351999786_dee379dd39_b.jpg



 

post #101 of 102

MSP's The Way I See It is my personal favorite.  They even handle the park segments (which usually get boring quick) in a way that was entertaining.

post #102 of 102



I agree. I think my favorite segment in any film is in that one. Hoji's segment is so epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post

MSP's The Way I See It is my personal favorite.  They even handle the park segments (which usually get boring quick) in a way that was entertaining.



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion