I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Pennsylvania Resort News Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:01pm in Skiing News
I have been reviewing jackets for the past 4 years in varied conditions and from many manufacturers. I thought last years BC from Descente was as good as a shell can get but the designers have...
I went to Ski Apache for the first and last time today. Luckily for me I just had to drive 1.5 hrs to get there so I didn't lose more than $80 to this failure of a ski resort. When we arrived it...
Last season I had the regular motive in a 182cm and found it to be okay as a general ski, but kind of lacking on ice/hard snow and it performed better in long turns vs short turns. I ski on hard...
Everything is as it should be with these bindings so long as you don't care about the vibram soles of the boot you put in them. They chew up the soles. The toe piece on your boots could fail. Seems...
Grand Targhee, is nestled right under the Tetons. The view is incredible if it isn't foggy and snowing. Some say the fog is a con, but the locals consider it a PRO! Because Targhee has such a high...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Spray-painting a helmet? 7 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 13 minutes ago
- › Who makes 56cm ski poles? 18 minutes ago
- › How is this for a beginning tuning setup? 18 minutes ago
- › Tried on some new boots today, your thoughts on a couple I have in... 18 minutes ago
- › Announcing the 2015 Nordica NRGy series 22 minutes ago
- › stivoting on ice - hurmm? 24 minutes ago
- › Single pair for Northeast, all over the piste 28 minutes ago
- › Kicking Horse - British Columbia 12-20-2014 33 minutes ago
- › Nordica Patrol vs. Head cyclic 115. Any comparison 34 minutes ago
- › 2015 Descente Haines Jacket by Philpug
- › Ski Apache by Tim Pitz
- › 2012 Fischer Motive 80 C-Line Ski by Basil J
- › 22 Designs Axl Telemark Binding One Color, S by 54max
- › Grand Targhee by ApachePine
- › 2015 Descente Storm by Philpug
- › Salomon Ghost Max 130 Ski Boots 2014 - 27.5 by mtbakerpow
- › 2014 Salomon Rocker2 122 Ski by mtbakerpow
- › 2015 Rossignol Experience 84 Ski by davidbeinct
- › 2012 Dynastar 6th Sense Superpipe Ski by ski-master
- › Gudauri season opening 12.20.2014.
- › Loveland, CO - A Pictorial
- › Whiteface Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos