I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Pennsylvania Resort News Last post on Yesterday at 7:01 pm in Skiing News
- Short midweek trip to VT end of March Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:14pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Southern VT next Saturday.... which one? Last post on 3/4/13 at 11:07am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Conditions so far in NH/VT this season? Picking a day trip for Christmas Day... Last post on 12/28/12 at 12:23pm in General Skiing Discussion
181 Voile Charger, mounted AT with tech binders Me: 5'10" 175 lbs. Skiing Tahoe/Eastern Sierra backcountry I've got about 30 touring days on these skis. These skis are an excellent choice...
It is a good hill that is close to my house. Man-made snow is pretty much all it is but they do have a great snowmaking system and also great lights that allow you to ski until 9:30 pm. The parking...
Spectacular scenery mixed with big vert and awesome terrain make Lake Louise an incredible experience for anyone. We visited lake Louise in late April and we were greeted with some incredible...
Would take these over a variety of modern-day daily drivers, less chatter, light weight, and they rock the pow. Use them with dynafit FT12 as a touring, resort, etc.
Talisman wasn't a bad place to ski. 650' vertical but not as challenging as the north part of Blue Mountain. Went bankrupt in 2010. Portions of the resort have been sold off to back over $2 million...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Post skiing foot pain- first day, new boots 12 minutes ago
- › Different ski for depth of powder? 13 minutes ago
- › Three races, two podiums, and no comment? 22 minutes ago
- › Wildfires - 2013 23 minutes ago
- › Bindings (and possibly ski) Recommendations for a Heavy Guy 24 minutes ago
- › List of fallacies in ski instruction 34 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking, right now? 39 minutes ago
- › Can older ski instructors pass the highest levels of certification? 40 minutes ago
- › Where is everyone going to ski this season in the Midwest? 44 minutes ago
- › Solo Ski Trip!?!? Salt Lake city/Park City 52 minutes ago
- › Voile Charger Telemark Ski by whatsupdoc
- › Glen Eden by nishimura10
- › Lake Louise by Freeride
- › 2009 Volkl Gotama Alpine Ski by bdpowpow
- › Talisman Mountain by gasman
- › Ruroc RG-1X by Kyle Cherry
- › Patagonia Rubicon Pant - Men's by ThomTheys
- › 2014 Descente Moe Jacket by Philpug
- › Elk Mountain (Ski Resort) by MScaramastra
- › 2014 Descente BC Jacket by Philpug
- › The 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi: A Responsive and... by skiessentials
- › Giving Thanks for Online Ski Forums by Jamesj
- › Massanutten - An Unofficial Guide by marznc
- › Whistler-Blackcomb - The Unoffical Guide by Andrew R
- › Top 5 Canadian Family Friendly Ski Resorts by ERVTravelIns
- › Attitash Unofficial Guide by bliz1978
- › 2014 Blizzard Peacemaker: Bringing Flip Core... by skiessentials
- › Wildcat Unofficial Guide by bliz1978
- › The Essential Guide to AT Ski Gear by skiessentials
- › Sugarloaf Mountain to Open Above Treeline Chutes by skiessentials