I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Pennsylvania Resort News Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:01pm in Skiing News
- Short midweek trip to VT end of March Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:14pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Southern VT next Saturday.... which one? Last post on 3/4/13 at 11:07am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
This book by David Gonzales attempts to cover Jackson Hole ski resort history, culture, and all the little quirks that make JH such a cool place to be. There are chapters on summer activities,...
Of course, weather accounts for a tremendous amount of one's ski experience, and my trip to China Peak followed a tremendous storm in which they got more snow than anywhere else in California, so...
Mountain High faces daunting challenges: three small areas with a few miles between them; low elevation; unreliable snowfall; a very small town at the base. But what they do within those...
Snow Summit in nice conditions is a fantastic area: fun and varied terrain (although nothing to challenge an expert), and beautiful scenery under the SoCal sun. The grooming is great. They stay...
I had bad luck with the snow, but still very much enjoyed my time at Heavenly. Access from Stateline and South Lake Tahoe couldn't be easier. The Stateline casinos are fun, and the views are...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Whistler or Banff in early May 14 minutes ago
- › Senior walk up lift ticket rates 32 minutes ago
- › JP Auclair and Andreas Fransson Lost in Avalanche 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › New to Snow Blades 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Need a Knee Brace 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › 10 things you might not have known about 2015 gear 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Snowmaking Upgrade to Wildcat 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › MA for another 12 year old 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Zermatt 2015?? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Let's Talk Avalanche.... 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Jackson Hole: On a Grand Scale by SpikeDog
- › China Peak Sierra Summit by New2Utah
- › Mountain High Resort by New2Utah
- › Snow Summit by New2Utah
- › Heavenly by New2Utah
- › Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort by New2Utah
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by GoodSki
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 by JayT
- › Massif du Sud by pouetance
- › Thredbo Ski Resort by sinbad7
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York
- › SUN PEAKS RESORT unofficial guide
- › Unofficial Guide to Castle Mountain Resort