I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Robert Nutting, President of Seven Springs Mountain Resort, hosts a meeting with Laurel Mountain... Last post on 5/6/15 at 1:20pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
I demoed a pair of these and a pair of the Head Rally skis in December and later purchased a pair since they were a good combination of a solid carving ski with the versatility to take off piste at...
new england skiing like you remember it. but better. please, please replace the double with a quad. then leave everything else as is...
I've skied at Whitewater a dozen times or so over the last ten years, half of these occasions in the last two years. I've obviously been a visitor on these occasions and thus haven't had the...
Nice views from the top and a variety of terrain for all levels; beginners and ski off the top of most chairs which makes it easier for mixed-level groups to ski together. Goats eye mountain has...
Unfortunately I hit Lake Louise in March of 2015 during the worst season for the Canadian Rockies in 50 years. With no recent snowfall the conditions were icy and windy. I probably skied more off...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Two kinds of Wedge Christie 26 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › OTC Insoles - Selecting a size 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Should Ski Pole Straps be Used? 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Gently used DPS Pure 112RP2 184cm... 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › PSA: New DPS Wailer 112RP Pure3 for $599 shipped 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Liberty Sequence- Is there room for this ski in my quiver. 4 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Gumball3000 Rally 4 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Tina Maze will not compete in 2015-2016 season 4 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Pole-less Skiers 6 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3