I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- East Coast: Best Ski / Town Combo? Last post on 8/19/15 at 10:57am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Robert Nutting, President of Seven Springs Mountain Resort, hosts a meeting with Laurel Mountain... Last post on 7/25/15 at 12:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
Last edited: 6/15/16
- Waterproofing Your Ski ClothingLast edited: 9/16/12
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
- Waterproofing Your Ski Clothing
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 6 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 7 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 4 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 6 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 6 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 8 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 15 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 15 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 17 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 20 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review