I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Pennsylvania Resort News Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:01pm in Skiing News
Head's racing background is legendary, but they're looking to make more of a mark into a wider range of products, and in this case, managed to infuse some of that famous lineage into their Big...
MAD RIVER - by Alicia Alba You won't find a big fancy lodge. To be lost in the crowd. You won't find a speedy gondola. Or even a detachable quad. You won't find big wide open runs and lots of...
Just got back from a 10 day trip to Jackson Hole. I busted out my new Great Joys for this trip...finally! They looked HUGE (173cm, 98mm waist) compared to my Super Joys (163cm, 75mm waist) that...
PROS: The best technical runs in PA. Beautiful scenery, lack of crowds, more affordable lift tickets, best vertical in PA. CONS: inconsistent information on website. Blue Knob lives and dies by...
My background is 6'1", 188 lbs., former racer, teacher, coach but in mid 70s and prefer to ski fast. Ski a lot in the upper Midwest and NE on hard pack/groomed snow and bought these skis for that...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Gaining Control from the top of the turn? 1 minute ago
- › How do you travel with helmets? 9 minutes ago
- › On Your Left 20 minutes ago
- › Ski for East Coast 21 minutes ago
- › Foot pain- new boots 33 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 35 minutes ago
- › Announcing a new PSIA Level III among the EpicSki Community 41 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 43 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 45 minutes ago
- › Balance??????????? 47 minutes ago
- › 2015 Head Collective 105 Ski by Gunnerbob
- › Mad River Glen by ralba
- › 2015 Head Great Joy Woman Ski by RamenChan
- › Blue Knob by JeffMHoward
- › 2014 Head i.Supershape Rally Ski by bsimeral
- › Copper Mountain by meleemeum
- › 2015 Head i.Supershape Titan Skis by tachedub
- › Crested Butte Mountain Resort by BLittlejohn3
- › Mt. Bachelor by MavrickMoose
- › Gore Mountain by bmurray
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3
- › The 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 is the SUV of Skiing
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #2
- › First Decents- Part 1: Sniffin' Out the...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #1
- › Cat-Skiing with Valhalla Powdercats, Nelson, BC.
- › Cat-Skiing with Big Red Cats, British...
- › The 2015 Volkl Mantra: Your New All Mountain...
- › Gudauri season opening 12.20.2014.