I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Pennsylvania Resort News Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:01pm in Skiing News
Product: 2014 Blizzard Samba Length/size Tested: 166 cm Conditions: Varied-wet spring snow, ungroomed, groomed, icy, typical mid SE conditions Runs taken: everything from slow greens...
I skied a lot in Stratton when I lived in Troy, NY. It is a nice sized single mountain that offers fast runs. Lots of top to bottom runs, most of them are either blue or black but most blacks in...
Skied a bunch of demos including bonafide, hell and backs, etc. before deciding on the mantra. Live east coast small mountain ice/crud but get a few weeks a year out west. Haven't looked back once....
True Adirondack skiing with Olympic tradition. The greatest vertical in East Coast. What else could I say? if you live in East coast you have to come to whiteface once in your life. First of all,...
Gore is a very nice ski resort in Adirondacks, only 1.5 hrs away from Albany. It offers good variety of groomers, bumps, steeps, glades. It is operated by NY state and for that reason it is cheaper...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Kendo carviness...and greetings. 24 seconds ago
- › Boot Bag Suggestion 1 minute ago
- › New Light on Skiing In Bounds With an Avalanche Beacon 1 minute ago
- › Free the Powder Gloves 2 minutes ago
- › Sizing and buying skis undemoed, blizzard bushwacker? 4 minutes ago
- › Can a level 6/7 couple ski Snowbird and enjoy it. 6 minutes ago
- › New skis afetr Volkl S5 Supersport 7 minutes ago
- › so TNF hyvent is not waterproof 7 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Intermediate Skiier - How Often Wax and Sharpen? 11 minutes ago
- › 2015 Blizzard Samba Skis by Jersey Fresh
- › Stratton Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › 2013 Volkl Mantra by powder8s
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by Partizan Turks
- › Gore Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › Bristol Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › Alta by Rickz
- › Giro Field Women's Goggles by Trekchick
- › Giro Flare Women's Helmet by Trekchick
- › Patagonia Women's Powslayer Bibs by Trekchick
- › Cat-Skiing with Valhalla Powdercats, Nelson, BC.
- › Cat-Skiing with Big Red Cats, British...
- › The 2015 Volkl Mantra: Your New All Mountain...
- › Gudauri season opening 12.20.2014.
- › Loveland, CO - A Pictorial
- › Whiteface Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial