I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- East Coast: Best Ski / Town Combo? Last post on 8/19/15 at 10:57am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Robert Nutting, President of Seven Springs Mountain Resort, hosts a meeting with Laurel Mountain... Last post on 7/25/15 at 12:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
Perisher is massive with terrain for anyone. loads of parks for beginners to the more advanced. loads of lifts to get you to all corners of the resort. loads of snow guns to help Mother Nature...
My dad and I went to Stratton looking for good groomers and that is what we found at Stratton. Stratton is a family friendly mountain The only downside was the amount of people that were there. But...
grate helmet really love it. fits grate with my dragon nfx and has very good ventilation. also nice and comfy. heres my video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDH5DPm1gwQ
I took my family to this resort three years in a row, because it was the closest to where my family lived. I spent thousands each year. Then, during our third visit, the ski patrol gave me...
I got this ski as a demo sale and have loved it; my only complaint is it takes a lot more work on groomers than my Icelandic Pilgrims.
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › COLMAR Signature range men's jacket for sale 53 minutes ago
- › Jackson Hole vs. Whistler 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Finally replacing my Line Prophet 98's 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › What's wrong with rotation? 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Driving Trip into Canada 3 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Killington - Infrastructure Collapse Pending 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › 2015 / 2016 Taos, NM Stoke & Weather 4 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Automatic espresso machines - $300 one vs $3000 one 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 4 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Tesla Model S P85D scores 103 out of 100 in Consumer Reports Testing. 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Perisher by deimos
- › Stratton Mountain by PearlRiverDad
- › Smith Vantage Helmet by rocheman
- › Monarch Mountain by pstevens
- › 2013 Nordica Hell and Back by Motoman71
- › Wildcat by Ripcord802
- › 2013 Fischer SOMA Vacuum RC4 130 by joejoejoe
- › Aspen Mountain by F2BNG
- › Sofa Ski School: From Blue to Powder by dustyfog
- › Winter Park by Hitman
- › 2016 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › Top 5 Fridays - Big Air Fenway, Resort...
- › SkiEssentials Poc Lobes Goggle Review
- › Unofficial Guide to Heavenly Mountain Resort
- › Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Media News,...
- › Park City, UT - A Pictorial
- › Preseason Ski Tuning: Getting your Skis...
- › Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Snow in...
- › Unofficial Guide to Perfect North Slopes,...
- › Top 5 Fridays: Farmers Almanac Calling for...