I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- East Coast: Best Ski / Town Combo? Last post on 8/19/15 at 10:57am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Robert Nutting, President of Seven Springs Mountain Resort, hosts a meeting with Laurel Mountain... Last post on 7/25/15 at 12:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
Went on 2/8/16. Snow was kind of sticky as it was around 38 degrees. My wife, a very new skier, at first found it a little steep for learning, but then we located the meadows (?) area and all was...
An ideal resort if the weather conditions are right to start your kids skiing. In flat light the tree lined runs are great. The locals are also friendly with delicious reasonably priced food and...
Visiting Chamonix could potentially be the highlight of any skiers career. The Aguille Du Midi and Vallee Blanche is genuinely an amazing place to ski, one that you'll never forget, skiing on a...
I'm not sure how to review a place like this. 1) We're in Minnesota, so we don't have mountains anyways, just hills. 2) This one is right in the Twin City metro area, where those hills are even...
Take this review with a grain of salt. I'm a new boarder. Aside from rentals, this is my first pair of snowboard boots. Bought these at my local shop. I liked that they were all black and not too...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Twerking? 3 minutes ago
- › Football NCAA and NFL 5 minutes ago
- › Jacket Recommendations? (<$150) 5 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 15 minutes ago
- › I want ski pants with these features 17 minutes ago
- › Fischer Motive 95ti: long term update 22 minutes ago
- › Going from 1 to .5 or .7 base bevel 25 minutes ago
- › Yes, another "first trip out west" thread (Utah) 27 minutes ago
- › Clothing for Frigid Weather 35 minutes ago
- › Dalbello vs Rossignol 38 minutes ago
- › Afton Alps by comfortstarr
- › Courmayeur by Lewn777
- › Chamonix by Lewn777
- › Hyland Ski & Snowboard Area by comfortstarr
- › Salomon Dialogue Snowboard Boot - Men's by comfortstarr
- › Hot Gear Bag by Lpass
- › Apex MC3 Peak Performance Ski Boot by Beenthereskier
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by hlhoffman
- › Nordica Dobermann WC 150 by slowskier
- › Sugar Mountain Ski Area by Sc33
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Blizzard Skis Preview
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 DPS Wailer 105 Review
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Rossignol Slat Review
- › WORLD LEADING 3D SKI MAPS COMING TO ALL MAJOR...
- › Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery...
- › SkiEssentials.com - K2 Pinnacle 95 Review
- › Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Top 5 Fridays - North Pole Temps, Protect Our...
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2015 Volkl Code UVO Red...
- › SkiEssentials.com - Volkl Nanuq Review