I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Robert Nutting, President of Seven Springs Mountain Resort, hosts a meeting with Laurel Mountain... Last post on 7/25/15 at 12:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
For the money that you pay the boot is surprisingly low quality and badly build/thought over. You pay the most money of all the boots out there (maybe Strolz is a bit more expensive but atleast in...
Took a trip to Winter Park on two occasions in the winter of 2014/2015. The first trip was three days mid December, the second trip was three days in late February. Both occasions the snow was...
We broke up our two days at Snowmass with a day at Aspen Highlands. When I come back to Aspen someday, it's likely I will spend most of my time at Highlands and Ajax. Highlands in particular,...
We took a bit of a risk in visiting Aspen towards the end of the season to score cheaper lodging, but were rewarded with fantastic spring weather. Snowmass, Highlands, and Ajax all hold snow quite...
My girlfriend and I lived in Sandy in 1971 -72 and skied everyday at Alta. It's a fun mountain, but you have to do a lot of hiking to get to the best skiing.
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Spiral Learning 8 minutes ago
- › 2022 olympics-beijing 19 minutes ago
- › Down between 3 Line skis... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › The 2016 EpicSki Gathering at Aspen Colorado in early February 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Skis for old skier [over 80, for Mt. Bachelor groomers] 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Sawtooth Skiing? 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Wildlife encounters 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › El Nino?? 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Best ski picture - you have taken 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › JF Beaulieu / Reilly McGlashan / Paul Lorenz Collaboration 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3