I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- East Coast: Best Ski / Town Combo? Last post on 8/19/15 at 10:57am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Robert Nutting, President of Seven Springs Mountain Resort, hosts a meeting with Laurel Mountain... Last post on 7/25/15 at 12:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
I ski Sierra Nevada, also know southern Rockies and great Northwest. Compared to these places Bansko, Bulgaria offers not only Alps charm as anywhere else at popular European destinations, but much...
I can't live without this product -- stiff boots must be warmed above room temperature in order to get them on, and then they hold heat halfway through a morning of comfy skiing. Warm the boots...
I bought this jacket (in red) for my son last year. We first went to the local big box store with the intention of buying it there, but they didn't carry it either in-store or on line. We tried...
This ski resort is about the same ability level as any of the socal resorts except for mt. baldy. So if you can handle the blues and blacks at the listed resorts you will have no problem skiing...
A-Basin is one of my favorites mountains. It has everything. Never really crowded and if it is doesn't feel like on the slopes. I love the new bowl (which isn't so new anymore). A-basin is a...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Challenge: Create a Three Sentence Statement of Technical Intent 3 minutes ago
- › Calling all Minnesota Epicskiers 2015-2016 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 Nordica Series Overview: El Capo, Vagabond and Wildfire 8 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2015-2016 19 minutes ago
- › Ski boot soles: why does the industry stick to the current standard? 29 minutes ago
- › Where to go in CO 42 minutes ago
- › World Cup 2015-2016 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Junior/Teen Transition gear (size/weight limits?) 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Base Grind.. structure selection.. 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Stockli Stormrider Mount 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › 100 Best Ski Resorts of the World, 2nd (100 Best Series) by vik1919
- › Hot Gear Bag by Seth Masia
- › Spyder Leader Jacket - Boys' by SnowBalz
- › Brian Head Resort by Hoben02
- › Arapahoe Basin by ColoradoSkiier2
- › Cannon Mountain by GW2108
- › Tuckerman Ravine by GW2108
- › Wildcat by GW2108
- › Alta by GW2108
- › 2015 Dynastar Chrome 74 FluidX Skis by GW2108
- › MotionMetrics: Your Digital Ski Coach
- › Keystone, CO - A Pictorial
- › Top 5 Fridays - Big Air Fenway, West Coast...
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2015 Volkl One Review
- › Top 5 Fridays - Bode Miller, Bomber Skis,...
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Atomic Vantage 90...
- › Top 5 Fridays - Resort Updates, Skiing in...
- › Top 5 Fridays - Ski Season Underway, New...
- › 2016 Spyder Enforcer Jacket -...
- › The Most Experienced EpicSkier - Bob McNeill