I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Robert Nutting, President of Seven Springs Mountain Resort, hosts a meeting with Laurel Mountain... Last post on 4/9/15 at 10:05am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Skied here for 3 days during a Canadian Rockies trip. Unfortunately it was in March of 2015 which was the warmest winter the area had seen in 50 years! Lots of bare areas at the bottom but plenty...
I usually try to get there early - good snow quality and less crowded, spend most of the time on the backside of the mountain. Terrain more varied and advanced with some bumps to enjoy. One of...
I went to Sun Peaks occasionally between 1999-2001 as a temporary resident. I returned in March 2015 as a visitor. (Please bear in mind that 2014-15 was probably the worst snow year in ages.) A lot...
First impression: The first impression was the strong edge grip. Please note that I put a 1 degree bevel on the base and a 3 degree bevel on the sides. I normally ski a 1 and 2 but the factory...
Right up front, it's the plug ugliest ski I have had on my feet since the 1960's so why oh why does it have to be so damned good that I want to own it. I am not usually critical of looks but it...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › A 12 year old's seven days of exploring Val D'Isere and Tignes,... 11 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to? 13 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › Share your favorite movie clips 21 minutes ago
- › Dan Dipiro's Mogul Book 26 minutes ago
- › Understanding natural tip lead 33 minutes ago
- › Why do I always hear about how moguls are bad for your knees? 59 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › 2014-2015 Utah Weather Discussion 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Vail Resorts Moves Forward with Interconnect Park City & Canyons 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Fernie Alpine Resort by ExWanabe
- › Liberty Mountain by GeeWhiz
- › Sun Peaks by jhkc
- › 2015 Blizzard Brahma Skis by choucas
- › 2015 Rossignol Experience 100 by Pierre
- › Stratton Mountain by IndyDog
- › Okemo Mountain by Partizan Turks
- › Outdoor Research Filament Down Pullover by qcanoe
- › Sugarbush by bosrocker51
- › Apex ML 2 Ski Boot by Trekchick
- › First Decents- Part 3: Hotel Hill
- › Top 5 April Fool's Jokes in Skiing from...
- › First Decents: Part 2 - Cobb's Hill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #5
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3
- › The 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 is the SUV of Skiing