I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Pennsylvania Resort News Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:01pm in Skiing News
I started skiing in the east over 50 years ago. I did not get to Sugarbush until last year. Wish I had gone there a lot sooner!! I was there midweek and avoided the crowds but you also may not have...
Tester Info Username: Trekchick Age: 48 Height/Weight: 5'6" 135 lbs Ski Days/Season: 80 Years Skiing: 30 Aggressiveness:Finesse skier with a sense of adventure Current Boots: Tecnica Inferno 110...
Stayed at Grand Summit Sunday to Friday. Great hotel. People will enjoy it's comforts. North was nice but 50% closed, so I was disappointed. Lots of intermediate terrain but it was icy, poor...
Skiing here is really extreme; it has "extremely" good terrain if your an expert or beginner (not so much for intermediates), but the mountain experience can be "extremely" bad many days. I've been...
I'm not the type to write reviews, specially negative ones. But in this case I just have to put in my two cents. I put off skiing hunter on the weekend for the end of season, since I knew the...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › 75% of you have wrong skis. 21 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Calf cramping in my right foot. 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › How fast do you ski? 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › B*tch about early season temps too hot, not enough snow 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Taylor Made R15 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Frontside skis, Head or Blizzard 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › The health of the ski instruction profession.... 3 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Part 2 - The health of the ski instruction profession.... 4 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Sugarbush by bosrocker51
- › Apex ML 2 Ski Boot by Trekchick
- › Mount Snow by proudpapa
- › Squaw Valley USA by SquawBrat
- › Hunter Mountain by Damavand
- › Daleboot VFF Pro by Crokey
- › Jack Frost Mountain by xjjon
- › 2016 Nordica Enforcer by givethepigeye
- › Big Powderhorn Mountain by Shenanigans2800
- › Whitetail by GreyPilgrim
- › Ski Tests, Indie Ski Brands, and...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #4
- › Sneak Peek: A Review of the New 2016 Nordica...
- › Tip Tapping Drill
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #3
- › The 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 is the SUV of Skiing
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #2
- › First Decents- Part 1: Sniffin' Out the...
- › 2015 Geezer Ski Bum Tour – EpicSki #1
- › Cat-Skiing with Valhalla Powdercats, Nelson, BC.