I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Pennsylvania Resort News Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:01pm in Skiing News
- Short midweek trip to VT end of March Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:14pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Southern VT next Saturday.... which one? Last post on 3/4/13 at 11:07am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
First let's discuss the snowboarding. My wife and I enjoy both snowboarding and skiing and have many friends that only board. We love to ski so we had a great time there, but we would also like the...
My son and I spent two days skiing at GT, February 24-25, 2014 and had a great time, in spite of really poor visibility due to the clouds being down on the mountain. We didn't ski off the...
First time at Beaver Creek. The experience was a lot better than expected based on looking at the trail map. We were 3 strong intermediate skiers and snowboarders and hit almost all of the blue...
This was an awesome experience. Not sure what to expect on our first visit, afraid the lower cost might equal lower experience. The staff there was great, friendly and very helpful. There...
Great beginner slope. If you want to try something new like trying snowboarding from skiing, or trying tele this place is good. Definitely check it out if you live nearby. If you're looking for...
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › Quick review: high-80mm skis from K2, Rossi, Volkl and Blizzard 33 seconds ago
- › Any objective evidence on the increased ease of release of... 31 minutes ago
- › Fritschi Freeride Pros on Mantras 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Hot Box Temperature 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › What really defines Double Diamond Terrain? 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Head REV 85 Pro as DD east Coast Ski 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › School an Aspen virgin 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Reputation Will Be Changing Soon 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › 2013-2014 Colorado/New Mexico Weather Discussion 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › What if, what if, what if................I were to race again? 4 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Vibration Damping and Skis by SandwichTech
- › Learning To Ski As An Adult by ERVTravelIns
- › When did Ski Reality become Irrelevant? by Fritzski
- › 10 Cool Ski & Snowboard Kickstarter Projects by ERVTravelIns
- › Want to Win Free Stuff? Answer our Community... by skiessentials
- › Snowboarding or Skiing – Which is... by ERVTravelIns
- › Unofficial Guide to Liberty Ski Area, PA by MephitBlue
- › Steamboat Springs Resort (still under... by Finndog
- › Unofficial Guide to Snowshoe Mountain Resort, WV by Kardinal
- › Face The Pipe- StumpFilms by Stumpa