I bought some Phenix ski pants with articulated knees, full side zippers, and high tech waterproof/breathable fabrics a few years ago. I am just getting ready to put them into service this winter and noticed they are too long. (I don't know what I was thinking when I bought them.) Can anyone recommend a good tailor/seamstress in Vermont or PA who could shorten them? With the full side zips and articulated knees I am hesitant to bring them to a regular shop. I had a similar job done in Killington a few years ago that worked out great, but the shop who recommended the seamstress is not in business at this point. Thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- The Official "The East Coast skiing sucks" thread Last post on 12/6/11 at 5:09pm in Après-Ski
- Vermont Ski Trip [early January] Last post on 10/31/14 at 1:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Laurel Mountain, PA reported to set 2015 as reopening date Last post on 10/8/14 at 10:11am in Skiing News
- First Vermont trip - a few questions! [from Toronto] Last post on 3/4/14 at 2:16pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Pennsylvania Resort News Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:01pm in Skiing News
Granite Peak used to be a family friendly and reasonable value until they turned greedy. Seriously $79 a day?? They boast saving money instead of going out West...really?? If you shop the deals...
Bought these on sale for easy bunny slope skiing with our little kids and occasional moderate speed skiing. The goal being not having to muscle on my racing boots when not skiing so fast. They...
The Axo is a pair of sunglasses that suffers from the middle child syndrome because its masculine enough for a guy but has some subtle soft lines for the girls. The reality is, its a great pair of...
I tend to wear sunglasses every day, whether its on my patio working on my computer, taking a drive in the mountains, heading to the mountains to ski or hitting the mountain bike trails. For me,...
Skiing 100 days per year for 35 years. Now I'm old Still get down most mountains without trouble.
Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
oh that's good to know. my wife has had a really hard time finding pants that fit b/c she's really short and petite....so even in the XS size she's swimming, but the girls XL's are too small...
If you're looking in Vermont, I would suggest the seamstress at Smitty's Sewing Machine Repair in Essex Junction. I haven't had her do pants specifically, but she's done a great job on a couple of zipper replacements for ski jackets, and literally worked miracle's on my fiancee's bridesmaids dresses. Her name is Kaley, her number is 802-878-4545, and her shop is located right in 5 Corners in Essex Jct. Oh, and fwiw, she's originally from Pennsylvania too.
Doesn't have to be a tailor in ski country.
I've had a pair of pants altered from XL+ to Large
(I took off 45 lbs. Yea!)
and a ski suit 5 inches too long shortened.
Both at a tailor in Silver Spring, MD $30 for first & $45 for 2nd
Who told you that I wear pants when I am skiing? .
You've hanging out with Philpug haven't you?
So are there any companies that specialize in this sort of work that I can send pants to? I have a hard time finding pants in a color other than black with a short inseam and I don't like the idea of handing over a $400 pair of goretex pants to just anyone to work on.
My wife buys boys large
my wife had a pair of boys large pants that she skied with for years, but she complained that it was cut right and that it made her feel lilke a dude. she just recently picked up some XS and XXS (short) burton snowboarding pants...those seem to fit reasonably well.
- Ski pants tailoring - Vermont or Pennsylvania
- › How do I carve without ultimately building up too much speed (and... 20 minutes ago
- › French/Swiss Alps Dec.4-Dec.8 23 minutes ago
- › Need advice from knowledgeable peeps [European family with... 33 minutes ago
- › $25,000 in Skis and Snowboards Stolen! 40 minutes ago
- › 2015 Lange RS130 boots, early returns 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for helmet speakers 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › 2014-15 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Stenmark Youtube Find 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Things to consider when winter driving in CO? 4 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › ok to upsize the boot for a new jr racer? 4 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Granite Peak by RealTruth
- › Full Tilt Booter Ski Boot - Men's by JK71
- › Switch Vision Axo Sunglasses by Trekchick
- › Switch Vision Ayra Women's Sunglasses by Trekchick
- › 2009 Rossignol S7 Caballero Ski by Cracked Edge
- › Unicorn Picnic Pretty Faces by anachronism
- › Marquette Mountain by renttech4501
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Quantum Jacket by Fritzski
- › Ski Apache by reddirtskier
- › 2014 Head i.Supershape Rally Ski by jimmytoner
- › Loveland, CO - A Pictorial
- › Whiteface Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › EpicSki Instructor And Coach Listing - New York