Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Big Sky 3/31/12-4/7/12 Last post on 4/10/12 at 1:44pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Big Sky - some photos from 2010/2011 Last post on 6/28/11 at 8:39pm in Trip Reports
- What skis should I get for Big Sky? Last post on 1/9/13 at 10:58am in Ski Gear Discussion
- ESA Big Sky - Squatty's Group - Pictures Last post on 7/30/09 at 9:00pm in Epicski Academy
- Killer Week At Big Sky - March 30, 2009 Video Last post on 4/8/09 at 4:50pm in Trip Reports
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Big Sky - photos from 2011/12 winter
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How old is this kid? Looks great.
(Doesn't he know he should be on 110mm + skis in that?? Sheesh...you'd think his instructor would mention it )
Is that Liberty Bowl?
Anyone around @ Big Sky in Mid feb?
I will be there for 2 weeks and would love to have someone to show us around....
Also i would love to meet anyone who is interested in skiing the more expert terrain, I have a beacon/Shovel/Probe etc.
But no-one else in my group is really that interested in accessing the interesting terrain that requires said equipment.
Praying for some more snow before then too!
All the best,
I went skiing at Big Sky last year. It was awesome, but there was not much snow. The snow arrived after I left. It is a really cool place to ski, because there are no crowds and it never gets skied off or icy, unless at the top from winds. In the East after lunch lots of trails are very icy and bumpy.
Hey Martin is that you or your son skiing the Big. Looks easy in a pic. I have stood at the top of that many times and said nah mabey next time. We just came back from Whistler (cross that off the bucket list) and i have to say Big Sky will always be our favorite. Nice pics. See ya in March.
2 weeks till i arrive, can't wait!!
Looks some decent snow around - thanks for the pics everyone!
Can anyone comment on how the steeper stuff is skiing?
TGR forums seem to think the South face ie. Dakota + Shedhorn is pretty wind scoured?
I'm really looking forward to exploring a new resort :)
As I look out my window at BS I see it's snowing so hard I can see less than a quarter of a mile. Conditions at Big Sky are not as good as 2011 but they are still GREAT. Two tram trips today, warm, blue sky, no wind, a couple of inches of fresh snow and a little wind groom. What's not to like! The first day this year I've gone bell to bell.
New this year are additional glades. Two are easy enough for low intermediates and the snow stays soft for days.There was already a significant amount of nicely spaced trees to skiing and this year they added six more full runs. Rumor has it that there will be five or six more glades cut added next year.
As usual lift lines do not exist at Big Sky so you ski and don't wait.
No pictures because Martin's pictures tell the whole story.
- Big Sky - photos from 2011/12 winter
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 23 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 43 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 54 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Skiing Japan 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer