New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rossignol s3?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Hey guys a fairly new skier here. Here are some things about me. Male, 22, 5'9", 150lbs, in good shape. March 2011 I caught the ski bug when my uncle invited me to ski in Whistler, BC, for a week. I had only skied 4 times before that and instantly fell in love with powder and trees. I caught onto skiing very fast as I am a very good water skier, and had played Hockey competitively for 10 years as well as been a sponsored skateboarder.  Naturally very athletic. I live in eastern Canada(Toronto, Ontario).

 

My ski style: I like to hit every feature I see. I have to be challenged and I push myself to the very edge of my limits. Im not fearless, but Im extreme. Agility and dexterity are my strong points. I like to ski powder, trees, and jumps in the park. When I have to ski on groomers I like to go fast.

 

I live in the east and skiing here sucks to put it simple. I will be skiing here 80% of the time. The other 20% will be in the mountains on trips. I need a ski that I can use in the east and west.

 

I have been looking at the Rossignol s3 in 179cm. From what I have read it seems to be a playful, agile ski that is half decent in powder and groomers. The only other ski that caught my eye were the K2 Kung Fujas. I have looked at the Shogun, all of the Vokl skis, Bonifide, and Cochise and havnt found anything that I think would suit me better than the s3.

 

If anyone has any advise or comments before I pull the trigger on some 2012 S3s I would love to hear them.

post #2 of 6

Sounds like you're on the right track. Another one to consider would be the Armada TST. Little wider all around but no tail rocker so it should still suit you just fine on the groomers. I'm getting ready to ski it tomorrow for the first time at Abasin which will obviously just be one groomed run so I'll let ya know how it holds up. 

 

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, it has a shorter turn radius than the s3 as well. 

post #3 of 6
I skied the same length S3 last year mostly in Massachusetts and Vermont and then for 2 weeks at Vail. It definitely does what you want to do, particularly given the way you like to ski. Pivots easily, so great in the trees, at your weight you'll get some decent float out of it too. They have very good edge hold on hardback for the type of ski they are - they just ski short on hardpack, which is fine.

The Blizzard One would be another similar ski I've heard.
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobueno View Post

Sounds like you're on the right track. Another one to consider would be the Armada TST. Little wider all around but no tail rocker so it should still suit you just fine on the groomers. I'm getting ready to ski it tomorrow for the first time at Abasin which will obviously just be one groomed run so I'll let ya know how it holds up. 

 

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, it has a shorter turn radius than the s3 as well. 


Thanks, ill definitely take a look at those.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post

I skied the same length S3 last year mostly in Massachusetts and Vermont and then for 2 weeks at Vail. It definitely does what you want to do, particularly given the way you like to ski. Pivots easily, so great in the trees, at your weight you'll get some decent float out of it too. They have very good edge hold on hardback for the type of ski they are - they just ski short on hardpack, which is fine.
The Blizzard One would be another similar ski I've heard.


I have heard of "The One" but couldnt find many reviews or info on that ski.

post #5 of 6
Search on epic, there's a ton of info on it.
post #6 of 6

A guy in this thread just posted some for sale if you're ready to pull the trigger. 186 never been mounted. 

 

http://www.epicski.com/t/104991/anyone-have-any-blizzard-the-one-or-rossi-s3-for-sale

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion