Hi all, pardon any mistakes I may make as I'm new to the forum and trying to type with an infant on my lap who is intent on lending a hand. Anyhow, I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right (affordable) direction. I've skiied a pair of Kastle MX 78 in Utah the past 3 seasons and regretted not purchasing them after each trip-they were rentals in good shape but realuistically thats all I can afford right now, brand new aren't in the budget. I've been on both the 176 and 188, anyone know where I can pick up a decent pair of '09 or '10s. I yhave no problem grabbing rentals in average to good condition and having them worked over. Thanks for your help. Your site is great, and the posts I've read have helped alot already.
Related Forum Threads
- For Sale - 178 Kastle MX88 and BMX108 - New in March Last post on 10/15/12 at 4:43am in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Kastle mx88 wanted to buy Last post on 4/27/12 at 10:05am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Heading to Jackson Hole in Feb. What demos to rent? Last post on 11/18/11 at 4:35pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski Swap Top 10 Favorites All-Mountain carver Last post on 11/5/11 at 3:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2012 MX88 - Good Deal? (pics inside) Last post on 1/14/13 at 6:34pm in Ski Gear Discussion
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
WTB- Kastle MX78 in 176 or 188cm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, this sounds like a WTB or Want to Buy, so I am going to move it over to the WTB forum..and change the title. I would also suggest the thou do not dismiss a MX88 in a 178 actually over the 186 MX78. Good luck.
Kastle is not exactly the most "affordable" ski out there if you're on a budget. Even the well used demos are selling for upwards of $575. But there are some out there. I was looking for a pair last year and did a search, and there were quite a few pairs that turned up. I ended up buying a new pair of the MX 78's in a 176, so I can see why you like them.
- WTB- Kastle MX78 in 176 or 188cm
- › Sitting in the backseat 4 minutes ago
- › Skis, boots, or me? 5 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 8 minutes ago
- › Lech am Arlberg, March 3rd-11th 9 minutes ago
- › Early 2018 Gathering Thread 12 minutes ago
- › FS: Flylow Higgins Jackets Size L Bluebird color 17 minutes ago
- › Best resort to challenge me and my husband March 18-25, NY/NH/VT? 18 minutes ago
- › Before and after 21 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 44 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 48 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!