Hi all, pardon any mistakes I may make as I'm new to the forum and trying to type with an infant on my lap who is intent on lending a hand. Anyhow, I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right (affordable) direction. I've skiied a pair of Kastle MX 78 in Utah the past 3 seasons and regretted not purchasing them after each trip-they were rentals in good shape but realuistically thats all I can afford right now, brand new aren't in the budget. I've been on both the 176 and 188, anyone know where I can pick up a decent pair of '09 or '10s. I yhave no problem grabbing rentals in average to good condition and having them worked over. Thanks for your help. Your site is great, and the posts I've read have helped alot already.
Related Forum Threads
- For Sale - 178 Kastle MX88 and BMX108 - New in March Last post on 10/15/12 at 4:43am in Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
- Kastle mx88 wanted to buy Last post on 4/27/12 at 10:05am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Heading to Jackson Hole in Feb. What demos to rent? Last post on 11/18/11 at 4:35pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Ski Swap Top 10 Favorites All-Mountain carver Last post on 11/5/11 at 3:17pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- 2012 MX88 - Good Deal? (pics inside) Last post on 1/14/13 at 6:34pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
WTB- Kastle MX78 in 176 or 188cm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So, this sounds like a WTB or Want to Buy, so I am going to move it over to the WTB forum..and change the title. I would also suggest the thou do not dismiss a MX88 in a 178 actually over the 186 MX78. Good luck.
Kastle is not exactly the most "affordable" ski out there if you're on a budget. Even the well used demos are selling for upwards of $575. But there are some out there. I was looking for a pair last year and did a search, and there were quite a few pairs that turned up. I ended up buying a new pair of the MX 78's in a 176, so I can see why you like them.
- WTB- Kastle MX78 in 176 or 188cm
- › Is it time to hang it up when you ski faster then you drive 7 minutes ago
- › Maine/New Hampshire/Vermont 2016-17 Demo Days 7 minutes ago
- › Very Important Question: Where is Ice Cream to be found at Keystone? 9 minutes ago
- › Looking for fellow M.A.X. passer's in Boston area... 10 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 10 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 19 minutes ago
- › FX94 Sizing Question 19 minutes ago
- › What can we expect when changing from Center mount to Rear Factory... 24 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 26 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 27 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues