EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Waterproof Pants for Skinny Legs!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterproof Pants for Skinny Legs!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

OK, I am clearly "ski pants challenged!"  I have been very unsuccessful trying to find some nice gore-tex (or other) waterproof ski pants.  Everything I have tried in the proper waist size is way too baggy on my skinny legs.  Any other skinny-legged guys out there that have found pants with a decent cut/fit??

post #2 of 19

I'm not a skinny legged guy, but one thought.......would you consider buying women's pants?  Just asking.....th_dunno-1[1].gif

 

After all, there are lots of women with bigger thighs who say that they have trouble with skinny legged pants and need to get mens pants.....maybe the switch would work for you.

 

post #3 of 19

Hobbes. how tight do you want them? You felt the Arc' Theta SV's were too baggy; not sure of any that are cut tighter. Roffe's? 

post #4 of 19

You might try Spyder.

post #5 of 19

I have rather skinny legs (though skiing everyday during the season has swollen them beyond the tooth picks they used to be), and I got a pair of Orage Sirius Ski Pants at the beginning of last season. Orage describes them as "trim fit", as I recall. The intent, I believe, is that they are for us gracefully proportioned folks who don't want our pant legs flapping in the wind.

 

They are the best ski pants I've ever worn. Made from Orage's "Prime 20" softshell fabric, they were very water resistant, warm, and breath very well. Instead of an elastic waist band, they have belt loops, so you can wear a belt like you would with an ordinary pair of pants. They also have front and back pockets with zippers.

 

Anyway, Orage has addressed the plight of the slender, in a world of baggy legged ski pants. wink.gif

 

 

 


Edited by volantaddict - 10/10/11 at 11:37am
post #6 of 19

Arcteryx pants tend to run narrow, especially their bibs. Bomber construction, bit pricey. 

post #7 of 19

Hey to each thier own but I actually like a baggier look to cover up my sparrow legs.... 

post #8 of 19

Patagonia has one version of the Powder Bowl pants, available in 3 colors, that are claimed to be a slim fit.  i bought a pair, size medium, since i am now swimming in my older size 34 primo pants and they are certainly cut slimmer through the hips and leg than my primo pants. 

post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdave69 View Post

Patagonia has one version of the Powder Bowl pants, available in 3 colors, that are claimed to be a slim fit.  i bought a pair, size medium, since i am now swimming in my older size 34 primo pants and they are certainly cut slimmer through the hips and leg than my primo pants. 



I just bought a pair too.  The legs are slimmer than their regular fit but I think they are still fairly roomy (as in normal size rather than the baggy "regular" cut).

 

I have a pair of Spyder Propulsion pants that are even slimmer than the slim Patagonias.  I rarely wear them because they are more snug than I like.  The OP might want to look into those..

post #10 of 19

Look into snowboarding pants. Most snowboarding clothing companies now make a "skinny jean" style pant, some are ridiculously skinny and a few even come in gore-tex.

 

http://snow.volcom.com/collections/mens/pants/boundary-t-d-s-gore-tex-pant/

 

http://snow.volcom.com/collections/mens/pants/hater-pant/

post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 

Uhhh ... that would be a negative.  I am comfortable with my manhood, but there is a limit!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

I'm not a skinny legged guy, but one thought.......would you consider buying women's pants?  Just asking.....th_dunno-1[1].gif

 

After all, there are lots of women with bigger thighs who say that they have trouble with skinny legged pants and need to get mens pants.....maybe the switch would work for you.

 



 

post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes429 View Post

Uhhh ... that would be a negative.  I am comfortable with my manhood, but there is a limit! 

 


I wasn't trying to be insulting, just thought it may be a solution for you.

Who would know that you're wearing women's pants?

post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

I wasn't trying to be insulting, just thought it may be a solution for you.

Who would know that you're wearing women's pants?



The shapely cut and fashionable stitching wouldn't give it away...

 

LOL!

post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

I wasn't trying to be insulting, just thought it may be a solution for you.

Who would know that you're wearing women's pants?

Taken in the spirit intended ... I do understand you were trying to present a possible solution.  My reply was just having some fun with it.
 

 

post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

Hobbes. how tight do you want them? You felt the Arc' Theta SV's were too baggy; not sure of any that are cut tighter. Roffe's? 



Not looking for a tight fit, as that is too restrictive.  I just don't want anything that is "waving in the breeze" baggy.  As the quest continues, I'm also trying to size down from medium to small on some of the nicer gore-tex options to see if there is enough room in the waist. 

post #16 of 19
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes429 View Post

Taken in the spirit intended ... I do understand you were trying to present a possible solution.  My reply was just having some fun with it. 

 



Good, because I like having fun with it too.  Just wanted to make sure that I didn't insult you.

biggrin.gif

post #18 of 19


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes429 View Post

Taken in the spirit intended ... I do understand you were trying to present a possible solution.  My reply was just having some fun with it. 

 



You should get the ladypants.  Imagine the mayhem...

 

[check out that hot chick.  What a nice ass -- HOLY SH*T THAT'S A DUDE!!! WTF?!?!]

post #19 of 19

I have some Stoic (BC's house brand) softshell pants that are pretty slim cut.  I'm fairly thin as well, and find these to be much more fitted than anything else I've come across.  They are not "waterproof", but they are very water resistant and very comfortable and warm.  Highly recommended.  The Stoic stuff is all pretty good quality, but the fits seem to be a little weird, as they target thinner more athletic builds.  For the price (especially if you can get them on sale), I would highly suggest you give them a try.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Waterproof Pants for Skinny Legs!