Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Xmas Holiday Ski Experiences Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Squaw/Alpine looking to welcome Chinese tourists who ski Last post on 6/7/16 at 12:43pm in Skiing News
- California Dreaming (a trip of many misfortune, but fortunately no missed opportunity) Last post on 4/4/16 at 8:49am in Trip Reports
- California Skiing, March 17-25, 2016 Last post on 4/6/16 at 9:14am in Trip Reports
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Did Squaw just change its logo?post #1 of 159/30/11 at 1:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 159/30/11 at 2:08pmpost #3 of 159/30/11 at 2:31pmpost #4 of 159/30/11 at 2:58pmpost #5 of 159/30/11 at 3:49pmpost #6 of 159/30/11 at 4:34pmpost #7 of 1510/1/11 at 2:35am
I was told a while back we'll be getting stuff down here when the rebranding is launched and the rebranded promo material is made so I reckon that's "it". I like the new logo on facebook, the shield, the steel rim, the turns, the colour. (I hated the purple or the old "Essendon Football Club" ski instructor jackets)
And they haven't called themselves "Meadow Squaw". Phew!post #8 of 1510/1/11 at 7:53amPretty nice logo. Blue would be the Tahoe color, Lake and Sky. And it resembles classic ski pins like they collect in Europe. Nice.
Does this make Squaw Olympic Worthy? Now that's a master plan! What about a peak to peak for the connect? Let's move on this, while we're young!post #9 of 1510/1/11 at 9:25ampost #10 of 1510/1/11 at 10:19ampost #11 of 1510/1/11 at 1:09pmQuote:
How about one of those lions standing up on its hind legs and growling on one side?
Edited by davluri - 10/1/11 at 11:06pmpost #12 of 1510/1/11 at 3:05pmpost #13 of 1510/1/11 at 6:44pmpost #14 of 1510/1/11 at 9:14pmpost #15 of 1510/2/11 at 12:53am
In the 80s we built medical centres with free government-funded health care in certain outlying suburbs with a certain socio-economic demographic. To appeal to that segment the clinics were painted hot pink, had gold chandeliers and a white grand piano in the foyer. (Hey, if squaw marketing want a few ideas, call me). Gaudy. But it worked. In the leafy suburbs full of old prestigious schools, everything was blue, refined and genteel (and the doctors weren't facing deregistration either). I think the blues at Squaw works for their target. At Mt Buller they also used blues and white. - supposedly the rationale is a tie to thoughts of blue sky or some other psycho babble. Meh. Imo those who can afford skiing, blue is the go. For alpine' green worked. for a combined resort, I suspect they'll form one brand and my guess is Alpine will be renamed Squaw Valley.
- Did Squaw just change its logo?
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at Squaw
- › How much wax does everyone use? 6 minutes ago
- › How to get a razor edge? 28 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 39 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 52 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 58 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Ski carving how to improve 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!