Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Squaw/Alpine looking to welcome Chinese tourists who ski Last post on 6/7/16 at 12:43pm in Skiing News
- California Dreaming (a trip of many misfortune, but fortunately no missed opportunity) Last post on 4/4/16 at 8:49am in Trip Reports
- California Skiing, March 17-25, 2016 Last post on 4/6/16 at 9:14am in Trip Reports
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Hot Dog Reunion at Squaw -April 26th Last post on 4/24/15 at 8:37am in General Skiing Discussion
Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Did Squaw just change its logo?post #1 of 159/30/11 at 1:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 159/30/11 at 2:08pmpost #3 of 159/30/11 at 2:31pmpost #4 of 159/30/11 at 2:58pmpost #5 of 159/30/11 at 3:49pmpost #6 of 159/30/11 at 4:34pmpost #7 of 1510/1/11 at 2:35am
I was told a while back we'll be getting stuff down here when the rebranding is launched and the rebranded promo material is made so I reckon that's "it". I like the new logo on facebook, the shield, the steel rim, the turns, the colour. (I hated the purple or the old "Essendon Football Club" ski instructor jackets)
And they haven't called themselves "Meadow Squaw". Phew!post #8 of 1510/1/11 at 7:53amPretty nice logo. Blue would be the Tahoe color, Lake and Sky. And it resembles classic ski pins like they collect in Europe. Nice.
Does this make Squaw Olympic Worthy? Now that's a master plan! What about a peak to peak for the connect? Let's move on this, while we're young!post #9 of 1510/1/11 at 9:25ampost #10 of 1510/1/11 at 10:19ampost #11 of 1510/1/11 at 1:09pmQuote:
How about one of those lions standing up on its hind legs and growling on one side?
Edited by davluri - 10/1/11 at 11:06pmpost #12 of 1510/1/11 at 3:05pmpost #13 of 1510/1/11 at 6:44pmpost #14 of 1510/1/11 at 9:14pmpost #15 of 1510/2/11 at 12:53am
In the 80s we built medical centres with free government-funded health care in certain outlying suburbs with a certain socio-economic demographic. To appeal to that segment the clinics were painted hot pink, had gold chandeliers and a white grand piano in the foyer. (Hey, if squaw marketing want a few ideas, call me). Gaudy. But it worked. In the leafy suburbs full of old prestigious schools, everything was blue, refined and genteel (and the doctors weren't facing deregistration either). I think the blues at Squaw works for their target. At Mt Buller they also used blues and white. - supposedly the rationale is a tie to thoughts of blue sky or some other psycho babble. Meh. Imo those who can afford skiing, blue is the go. For alpine' green worked. for a combined resort, I suspect they'll form one brand and my guess is Alpine will be renamed Squaw Valley.
- Did Squaw just change its logo?
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at Squaw
- › Brilliant Skiing Every Day by Weems Westfeldt - free download 51 seconds ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 8 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 9 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 9 minutes ago
- › Laurel Mountain Awaits Grand Opening 9 minutes ago
- › Twin tip for an intro park course? 10 minutes ago
- › Hot Gear Bag? 11 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 12 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 19 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 27 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues