I am interested to get new skis that will challenge me a little bit more than my current Elan WaveFlex 78 TI. I am really looking for skis that can handle Ohio / east type conditions (groomer, hard pack, artificial snow, etc.), fun, poppy but also versatile for the occasional powder or trip to out west.
Here skis that I am interested in (based on online reviews), I'd like your opinion on the below skis:
- 2012 Rossignol Experience 88 162cm
- 2012 K2 Rictor 167cm
- 2012 K2 Charger 167cm
- 2012 Volkl RTM 80 166cm
- 2012 Volkl RTM 84 166cm
I like the Rossi Experience 88 and K2 (based on review online) because it's not a full rocker compared to the Volkl RTM series. I am just not sure yet how much rocker is on the Volkl RTM series and I have concern on hard pack snow too much rocker will be a problem but I am really intrigue with the RTM series.
Some background info:
- I never demo a rocker ski but I understand the rocker principle
- I am skiing mostly on groomer hard pack, artificial snow in Ohio / East coast with the occasional out West trip
- I am 151LBS, 5’9” Male, and consider myself an intermediate advanced skier ready to progress to the next level.
- I like to ski at different speed,carving, cruising
Thank you for the help,