Hello everybody, this is my first epic ski post. I am 19 years old and love to ski I have been skiing my entire life. I am very good and would love to get into the competivitve ski game. But I have no idea where to start. I am at Quinnipiac Univeristy in Hamden, Connectcuit and do not really know what mountatins are in the area. I am willing to drive to Vermont for the purpose of skiing. If there are any contacts or coaches or anybody who can help me I will very much apprcaite it, I am willing to work very hard becasue skiing is my dream and I want to do this for my future.
Related Forum Threads
- Advice for Beginning Skiers Heading to New England Mountains Last post on 3/14/17 at 10:22am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . Last post on Today at 2:37 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Vermont Skiing in late March? Last post on 1/28/14 at 3:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best Resort In the East Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:52pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 3
Last edited: 1/19/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
- Uphill Ski Passes Might Change Ski Resorts ForeverLast edited: 11/29/15
- Top 10 "Expert" Ski Runs In the New EnglandLast edited: 11/29/15
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
I NEED HELP
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/21/11 at 10:13ampost #3 of 39/21/11 at 11:40amThread Starter
I am trying to get into racing, I love skiing fast and I have skiied agianst people I have met on my home town mountains in PA ( liberty and whitetail) who said that they have done racing in competitions before and have beat them. For someobody who has never been coached I have been told I have great technique by other skiers.
- I NEED HELP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › MA my bump skiing 15 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 15 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 19 minutes ago
- › Opinions sought on Zermaat-Cervinia : How does it compare 39 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Semantics 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › 2018 Kastle skis? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Zipfit Owners 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview