Hello everybody, this is my first epic ski post. I am 19 years old and love to ski I have been skiing my entire life. I am very good and would love to get into the competivitve ski game. But I have no idea where to start. I am at Quinnipiac Univeristy in Hamden, Connectcuit and do not really know what mountatins are in the area. I am willing to drive to Vermont for the purpose of skiing. If there are any contacts or coaches or anybody who can help me I will very much apprcaite it, I am willing to work very hard becasue skiing is my dream and I want to do this for my future.
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . Last post on Today at 5:17 am in General Skiing Discussion
- Vermont Skiing in late March? Last post on 1/28/14 at 3:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Best Resort In the East Last post on 9/22/13 at 6:52pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- East coast resort improvements this summer (2011) Last post on 10/16/11 at 12:01pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
- Uphill Ski Passes Might Change Ski Resorts ForeverLast edited: 11/29/15
- Top 10 "Expert" Ski Runs In the New EnglandLast edited: 11/29/15
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
I NEED HELP
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/21/11 at 10:13ampost #3 of 39/21/11 at 11:40amThread Starter
I am trying to get into racing, I love skiing fast and I have skiied agianst people I have met on my home town mountains in PA ( liberty and whitetail) who said that they have done racing in competitions before and have beat them. For someobody who has never been coached I have been told I have great technique by other skiers.
- I NEED HELP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 4 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 5 minutes ago
- › Deciding between staying in Alta or Park City area - Family Trip 19 minutes ago
- › Car Camping - Drying Gear (without power outlets) 20 minutes ago
- › Whats the turn radius of 182cm Fischer Pro Mountain 86 or 186cm... 39 minutes ago
- › Crasche Hat Product Review 45 minutes ago
- › Most Aggressive Race Tune you ever skied? 49 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › liner packed out while skiing 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › What do you NOT save money on when traveling to ski? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis