These two bindings seem similar, but the toe piece on the sth 12 oversize has a low profile not unlike the salomon z12 bindings. I'm curious what advantages one might offer from the other; if any?
Related Forum Threads
- WTB Binding Jigs Last post on 11/21/11 at 7:10pm in WTB and PSA for Gear
- What is the difference in low price to high price bindings. Last post on 11/20/11 at 8:18am in Ski Gear Discussion
- What should an improving intermediate look for in skis? Last post on 1/1/16 at 9:31am in Ski Gear Discussion
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 9/18/15 at 3:37am in Member Gear Reviews
- Upcoming: Presidetial Traverse FKT Last post on 8/9/13 at 2:10pm in Trip Reports
Salomon Ski Boots
Last edited: 8/4/16
- 2011 Big Mountain Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 4/25/11
- Ski Equipment For BeginnersLast edited: 11/23/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Salomon Sth 12 oversize v Salomon Sth12 driverpost #1 of 39/20/11 at 7:51amThread Starterpost #2 of 39/20/11 at 8:17am
While the Sth12 Oversized and Sth Driver use the same heels, the toes ARE different. The Driver is an evolution on the traditional single pivot Salomon toe that dates back theoretically to the 727 of 1977 but really in real world design to the long winged 957 of 1988. The Z toe evolves back to the Quadrax toe of the late 80's. IMHO, the Driver toe has an advantage with more lateral elasticity along with adjustable toe height and wing width for a more solid boot/binding interface, especially with an older worn boot lugs but it is more money. The Sth12 Oversized is a good value at the $199 price point.
Edited by Philpug - 9/20/11 at 2:27pm
- Salomon Sth 12 oversize v Salomon Sth12 driver
- 2011 Big Mountain Ski Reviews By Dawgcatching
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 50 seconds ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 19 minutes ago
- › Boot fitting question as I think I've outgrown mine? 19 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 25 minutes ago
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 36 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 39 minutes ago
- › Montage Mountain, PA — 2016 JAN 25 — GreyPilgrim 50 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Whistler/Blackcomb 2017 Roll Call 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer