EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Marker Jester Schizo 2010 Vs 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marker Jester Schizo 2010 Vs 2012

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Hi, Im planning on getting a pair of Jesters Schizo ON my Chopsticks 2011 and i was wondering if there were major improvement made between the 2010 and the new 2012 models? Because I personally prefer the colors (and price :D) Of the 2010 while wondering if its worth to get the 2012 and pay like 70$ more? Thank you for your input.

 

P.S: Sorry for bad english im not perfectly bilingual (Im french from Quebec, Canada)

post #2 of 12

answer is no. just buy what u want and can afford.

 

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

And i was wondering too if there was a difference between Jesters and Griffons else then a bit more Plastic on Griffon?

 

post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 

So they made another exact same bindings for 2012 but the colors? Seems illogical -_-

 

post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanzo40 View Post

So they made another exact same bindings for 2012 but the colors? Seems illogical -_-

 



BOLD NEW GRAPHICS!!!

 

You don't want to be seen on the hill with "last years".......do ya?  th_dunno-1[1].gif

 

 

 

post #6 of 12



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanzo40 View Post

And i was wondering too if there was a difference between Jesters and Griffons else then a bit more Plastic on Griffon?

 



Yes, the DIN range is different as well

 

Jester = 6-16 DIN

 

Griffon = 4-13 DIN

 

Salut

 

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 

xD Salut :)

 

And what about the

Power-Width-Design for maximum power transmission.

Marker engineers invented power-width to give our new freeskiing bindings the ultimate power transmission for today's wide skis. NO OTHER BINDING creates as much power and control. Prior to the Duke and Jester, the only technology to accommodate wide skis was making wide brakes. The attachment for Royal Family bindings features a wide bracket that was built on a 76mm minimum ski width. Previous designs had been based on a 63mm ski width.  

 

I rode that on the site... Is that only for the 2012 or is it only with the 2010/2011 too?

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 

So its all about the Din and Plastic parts between Jester and Griffon? Nothing about how is the bindings built?

post #9 of 12



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanzo40 View Post

xD Salut :)

 

And what about the

Power-Width-Design for maximum power transmission.

Marker engineers invented power-width to give our new freeskiing bindings the ultimate power transmission for today's wide skis. NO OTHER BINDING creates as much power and control. Prior to the Duke and Jester, the only technology to accommodate wide skis was making wide brakes. The attachment for Royal Family bindings features a wide bracket that was built on a 76mm minimum ski width. Previous designs had been based on a 63mm ski width.  

 

I rode that on the site... Is that only for the 2012 or is it only with the 2010/2011 too?



They have not changed since they came out in this detail.  I personally don't buy it, but........

 

and yes, you are correct, same design just different parts and DIN

 

 

 

go habs  mchctouque_m[1].jpg

 

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 

Well thank you. I think imma go with the Jesters 2011 or Griffons 2012 (I dont like the colors of the jester 2012)

 

GO HABS :)

post #11 of 12

Jesters and Griffons are very similar in design, main difference is DIN up to 16 for Jesters and DIN up to 13 for Griffon (2012).  Select the binding where your DIN is about mid range.

 

Difference between 2011 and 2012 Griffons:

 

2011 Griffon: Din up to 13, Fixed height AFD

 

2012 Griffon: Din up to 12, Adjustable Height AFD to accommodate Touring Boots 

 

post #12 of 12

Can someone post photos on the Toe of the Jester Schizo?   Where the cable loops under the front is where might would get snow in it and then slip out.  I wonder if they fixed it yet?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Marker Jester Schizo 2010 Vs 2012