I saw a thread a few days ago about it snowing in Aspen and one today about Alta; today I saw the first report or snow at any of the areas I frequent here on the East Coast. Cannon Mt. in NH had snow at the summit yesterday morning amid 29 degree temperatures. It seems like this year winter is going to come early and come hard--or at least I hope.
Related Forum Threads
- New Hampshire February 2017--Cannon, Bretton Woods, Snowmobiling, and my wife's first... Last post on 2/15/17 at 8:53pm in Trip Reports
- Resorts with most challenging terrain and prettiest views in New Hampshire? Last post on 12/6/16 at 1:50pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . Last post on Today at 5:40 am in General Skiing Discussion
- Over 65 skiing for free on weekdays at Cannon may end Last post on 6/10/16 at 5:49pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Cannon tram evacuation on a frigid day 2/14/16 Last post on 2/17/16 at 8:30am in Skiing News
A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Cannon Mountain, NH Unofficial GuideLast edited: 9/6/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- There's Something About Skiing New HampshireLast edited: 5/28/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
It's snowing on the East Coast too!post #1 of 89/17/11 at 1:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 89/17/11 at 4:52pmpost #3 of 89/17/11 at 8:13pmpost #4 of 89/18/11 at 3:08pmpost #5 of 89/18/11 at 3:27pm
Depends, I'd be disappointed with a below average winter if we only got 400".post #6 of 89/18/11 at 3:36pmpost #7 of 89/18/11 at 3:52pm
- It's snowing on the East Coast too!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Cannon Mountain, NH Unofficial Guide
Currently, there are 2364 Active Users (161 Members and 2203 Guests)
- › Demo day at Crystal, March 25, 2017 1 minute ago
- › Monoskis - why bother? 2 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Blizzard quattro rx 174 , like new condition 8 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 14 minutes ago
- › DIY boot heater 20 minutes ago
- › Not sure if my liner is packed out, boot's flex too soft, or I'm... 29 minutes ago
- › When to Buy 2018 Skis? (Specifically Brahmas) 31 minutes ago
- › Using the ankles to maintain balance and to increase your skills 39 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 55 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview