- 5,303 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Location: Colorado
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicSki Carstagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Professional Ski Bumming Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:54pm in General Skiing Discussion
- All Wheel Drives Last post on 10/20/13 at 10:15pm in Automotive/Car Talk
- Best skier vehicle? Last post on 8/31/13 at 7:49pm in Automotive/Car Talk
- ski racks...for car and adjustable for bikes...suggestions? Last post on 4/10/13 at 1:53pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Could the perfect ski CAR be coming to the states??? Last post on 10/27/13 at 10:38am in Automotive/Car Talk
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
What are the best ski cars? - Page 22
A much better solution is a Cayman S. It's better round corners and you can fit two sets of 185 skis, poles and ski gear inside the car (Take out the parcel shelf then the skis go diagonally from beside the driver's headrest to the opposite corner of the rear boot). After that you fill the remaining space in the rear boot and then you have the same front boot as a 911, which I've never managed to fully fill.
here's my new 45 beasty, those are 20s but I got some amg replica 18s for winter . Not sure how good a ski car it will be, but it is without a doubt going to be a quick ski car
Nasty strap on?
Really! You Americans!
Those were the days, my friend! ;-)
I think I'm gonna suck down some cheap red and watch it again. In case anyone's jones'n with no other options...
And here's an interesting little side trip...
<!-- End Hijack -->
Try as hard as I might, that pic wants me to read it as '912'
Could be..they were virtually identical other than the dash..and the 4 cylinder engine obviously.. Had a chance at a 356 Tirol edition back in the day..regret not pulling the trigger on that deal.
I can tell you what isn't a good ski car. My 2001 TJ Wrangler. I love it for so many other reasons, but not for skiing. Skis barely fit in the back, roof rack setups are awkward, and it's not exactly roomy to bring friends. Gas mileage is 19-20mpg on highway which isn't terrible, but not enviable either. The plusses, it is good in the snow with 4WD (although not at higher speeds), and you don't feel bad mucking it up with dirt and abuse.
I'm seriously considering adding an Audi A3 TDI (wagon, not the new sedan) to the stable. The only thing it lacks is AWD, but with decent tires it should do fine in all but the worst unplowed conditions. 40+MPG on highway is the biggest appeal, plus easy cargo access.
VW or Audi TDI wagon. WITH REAL snow tires!
10 years of 600 mile weekends.
Still gave 40+ MPG at 75 / 80 MPH after 200,000 miles.
At 240,000 miles the mileage is dropping. I have to look into that.
Will pull and or carry more stuff than you can use in a 2 week vacation
No mention of an oil burner being offered but the Alltrack is heading this way.
- What are the best ski cars?
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 3 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 8 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 17 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 40 minutes ago
- › Killington Opens tomorrow (October 25th) 43 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 53 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 6 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 6 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 7 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 8 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer