Contest for the EpicSkis: Tell us how you would show off the skis and include the EpicSki community in the experience.
David and Mariella Mazzarella, founders of SkiLogik and purveyors of perhaps the most aesthetically pleasing skis in the world (and they ski great!), are offering a pair of custom "EpicSkis" as the grand prize in a contest to kick-off the new ski season. The EpicSkis are a custom pair of Ullr's Chariot skis with the leaping tiger graphic of the Howitzer, designed by Mariella. As Andrew said in his enthusiastic review August 23, "It's an epic ski for an average ski price, not to mention that it IS the prettiest ski I've ever seen."
We're dedicating four weeks to the contest, with the grand prize winner to be selected by David and Mariella and announced on EpicSki October 14. In addition to the grand prize, we'll be giving away one Tahoe Card per week to a lucky entrant, courtesy of our good friends at Snowbomb.com.
Tahoe Cards have a retail value of $120 and include the following FREE benefits:
- lift tickets to Kirkwood, Alpine Meadows or Homewood, Dodge Ridge,
- 2-night stay at Grand Sierra Resort
- entry to the Snowbomb Ski and Snowboard Festival
- trail pass to Royal Gorge and Tahoe XC
- $5 - $20 off every ticket purchase at 15+ mountain resorts
- rentals, tune-ups and waxes at multiple shops between San Francisco and Reno
- a 1-year subscription to your choice of SKI or Transworld Snowboard magazine
- Unlimited access to discount lodging, dining and more all season long
Post your essay in the Official Contest Thread about how you plan to show off the skis and include the EpicSki community in the experience. Essays must be at least 150 words, photos and videos are optional, and you may edit your submission until the contest closes October 8.