EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Montana State students debut 2nd ski film
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Montana State students debut 2nd ski film

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

"Set Your Sights" premieres tonight at 7 and 9 p.m. at the Emerson Cultural Center in Bozeman.

 

 

Quote:
"Set Your Sights," made by Toy Soldier Productions, was filmed during the epic 2010-2011 winter in locations throughout the Pacific Northwest. It includes several skiers and snowboarders from MSU as well as the surrounding area.

Toy Solder Productions was formed two years ago by Justin Brodin, Andy Hahn, Jonny Dust and Shane Dowaliby, who were all students in the School of Film and Photography as well as extreme athletes.
The group's first effort, "Come Find Us," which featured the semi-underground world of extreme skiers and snow boarders in Montana, was released a year ago. Since it was made, Dowaliby and Brodin have graduated from MSU.
 
20110831-1668860413550471510.jpg

"That film did better than we expected," Dowaliby said.

http://www.montana.edu/cpa/news/nwview.php?article=10158

 

*If anyone knows when and where "Come Find Us" is being shown, please let us know. I hear it's superb.* 

 


Edited by nolo - 9/1/11 at 7:48am
post #2 of 14

Don't forget the movie review!

 

post #3 of 14

I'm not really a flippy spinny guy, but this is one of the trailers I liked most. I also know that Josh Anderson(Squaw local) goes big, and look forward to his seg's. Can't wait for the Portland showing.

 

BTW..here is the trailer for Set Your Sights.

post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 

Aha, here's the trailer for Come Find Us:

 

Which is available to buy here: http://toysoldierproductions.com/wordpress/products-page/

 

(I am buying both vids -- cheap! -- and will review, TC.)

post #5 of 14

Not a single successful landing in any of those jumps, did you notice?  Most of the time the landing was cut off.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo View Post

Aha, here's the trailer for Come Find Us:

 

Which is available to buy here: http://toysoldierproductions.com/wordpress/products-page/

 

(I am buying both vids -- cheap! -- and will review, TC.)



 

post #6 of 14

wish i could drive down to Bozeman and see it..

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

Not a single successful landing in any of those jumps, did you notice?  Most of the time the landing was cut off.
 



 



Generally ski films cut the landings in their trailers. It doesn't mean that the landing wasn't stomped.

post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecimmortal View Post





Generally ski films cut the landings in their trailers. It doesn't mean that the landing wasn't stomped.



why would they cut the landings? i've seen plenty of ski films that show the landings. i tend to agree with sib here.

 

post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by poNTOonMcConks View Post





why would they cut the landings? i've seen plenty of ski films that show the landings. i tend to agree with sib here.

 

Read what I said.....TRAILERS!
 

 

post #10 of 14

I'm not buying that at all. I think it's more like: go for it, send the ten, it'll look sick, no matter what, the landing doesn't matter anyhow

 

that said, I can think of nothing more fun and rewarding than a group getting together and making a film.

post #11 of 14

Well, I guess when we see the film, we'll find out.  I was wondering if it was for the length of the trailer myself, but my guess is that they didn't care about the landing. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecimmortal View Post



Read what I said.....TRAILERS!
 

 



 

post #12 of 14

New MSP trailer..Count the landings.

 

 

New TGR trailer..Count the landings

 

 

Thats the way they all are. Trailers generally don't show the landings.

 

post #13 of 14

i am proven wrong.

post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecimmortal View Post

New MSP trailer..Count the landings.

 

 

New TGR trailer..Count the landings

 

 

Thats the way they all are. Trailers generally don't show the landings.

 



That guy coming of that face looked painfulhissyfit.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Montana State students debut 2nd ski film