Last season at Holiday Valley (western NY), the bumps stunk. there was no consistence like the poster picture. Instead there were bumps and then a huge mound of snow (not sure why). The good bump run was usually closed and only opened for competition. Hopefully this year I will learn to use my knees and not absorb the shock in my back....ouch
Related Forum Threads
- Hardcore top ski area rankings - North America (WITHIN BOUNDARY) Last post on 11/8/12 at 1:47pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- SKI Magazine Resort Survey Results, 2012-2013 Last post on 3/2/13 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather Last post on 10/3/16 at 6:08pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Winter Park or Loveland Week Before Christmas? Last post on 8/30/16 at 8:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Need Reco for Family Resort, Kids ski school, Easy Greens in New Mexico [ compared to Angel Fire,... Last post on 1/12/16 at 2:46pm in Family Skiing Discussions
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- About Those German Trail Names at TaosLast edited: 7/12/14
- Taos Grades High in GeographyLast edited: 10/1/14
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Where are these bumps? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 378/29/11 at 7:12am
Incognito, thanks for the feedback. I have a buddy who is connected at Big Bear. Maybe I can get a tour of the snowcats and get a photo of the bumpmaker to post.
I did ski a sweet line of leftover bumps created for a contest there a couple of years ago. But I was told they used traditional grooming machines with clever operators spending a lot of time on the pitch.
When I was at Big Bear last season I must have missed the bump line. Maybe we were having too much fun just zooming on the groomers! Bear does not have a reputation for bumps, I'd love to see that change and just a couple of sweet lines can do that.
Ericpost #33 of 378/29/11 at 7:29am
Mtebor, bummer for your hill. Bumps that are only open for competitions or the freestyle teams suck! OK, close off the jumps if the liability is too much - but let the public in the zipper line. Or at least leave an open line next to the course.
How will people ever get the skills to enjoy bumps if the bumps are closed to the public? Bumps are not inherently dangerous.
Steep icy groomers with no bumps to check your speed are scary to me.
Ericpost #34 of 372/29/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
That's a good one. Try in sketchy conditions (i.e. this year) for even more fun! Once you're in, you're committed.post #35 of 372/29/12 at 3:49pmQuote:
'Don't groom Jane - God'post #36 of 372/29/12 at 4:39pm
we don't really get bumps in the midwest unless they're manmade, the ones I skied at granite peak were WAY close together and solid mounds of ice, needless to say I didn't last to long there. I hope when I get to summit county in a month I'll some how be able to ski all the bumps there...post #37 of 372/29/12 at 5:34pm
still love to ski the bumps but good runs are becoming a scarcity. I find it pretty hard to find any with near the degree of difficulty that used to be common before the advent snowboards and stubby skis.
but in my area
Apex, the K or Hanks is always a good work out,
Silver Star - Cowabunga, Katmando
Big White - Dragons t. & Goats Kick both have small rollers
Sun Peaks - Intimadator ?
Kicking Horse develops nice bumps (with no fresh snow) in the mid section
Lake Louise has nice cruising bumps in Paradise Bowl.
Norquay - North American
Sunshine Goats Eye main face is usually bumped
Panorama - the "extreme" zone and trails out usually bump up
Whistler - Chunky's Choice, Whistler Bowl, Big Timber
( Jimmy's Joker was one of the hardest bump runs in N America now they groom it )
Blackcomb -under the Crystal chair, bottom face on Seventh Heaven, Gear Jammer
Baker - Honkers Pan Face but usually side cut
Fernie - under the Boomerang chair,
- Where are these bumps?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- About Those German Trail Names at Taos
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 4 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 2016/17 [14 destinations, including Whistler,... 13 minutes ago
- › 2015 Retro Ski Wish List - Anyone Post here 26 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 33 minutes ago
- › Spademan ski bindings 35 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Head Freeflex Pro 11 Binding Mounting to Head I.SL RD Team SL Skis 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...