EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › The thing i hate most about skiing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The thing i hate most about skiing. - Page 2

post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post





So bring your own and help the cause!

 


I do.  But that doesn't help anybody else out any.

 

post #32 of 42

I don't mind the drive there so much as the drive home...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephitBlue View Post

You hit it on the nail.  The driving the get there is the thing I hate the most about skiing.  I want a personal teleporter that instantly transports me to the ski area of my choice! 
 

 



 

post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MephitBlue View Post

You hit it on the nail.  The driving the get there is the thing I hate the most about skiing.  I want a personal teleporter that instantly transports me to the ski area of my choice! 
 



 



I don't ever mind the drive, but I drive about 30,000 miles a year, maybe I'm more used to it.  I actually love driving in the winter.  Keeps thing interesting.

 

I wouldn't mind if short-range transporters replaced the lift system.  Now that would be an improvement.

post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post





I don't ever mind the drive, but I drive about 30,000 miles a year, maybe I'm more used to it.  I actually love driving in the winter.  Keeps thing interesting.

 

I wouldn't mind if short-range transporters replaced the lift system.  Now that would be an improvement.




I agree, driving is the worst part. Especially in bad weather

post #35 of 42

Driving home is the worst part, in bad weather with snow and fog, down a steep curvy section of the highway, after a long hard day of skiing (and some night skiing as well)....and there's an SUV or two with their Xenon high-beams in my rear-view mirror, impatiently tailgating until they can get to a dashed highway center line to pass me and about 3 other cars.

 

I may ski like a maniac sometimes, but I won't drive like one. 

post #36 of 42

that i cant seem to remember after so many years of skiing that if you lean a pair of skis against an icy car they always fall

post #37 of 42

The thing i hate most about skiing.

This is a no brainer for me, as I say it out loud almost daily.

 

I HATE SKI BOOTS!

 

JF


Edited by 4ster - 8/25/11 at 1:53pm
post #38 of 42

Fixed it for you.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post

 

I HATE WALKING IN SKI BOOTS!

 



 

post #39 of 42



Do you also hate going to a good boot fitter?  Just saying....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post

The thing i hate most about skiing.

This is a no brainer for me, as I say it out load almost daily.

 

I HATE SKI BOOTS!

 

JF



 

post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytierney View Post

Fixed it for you.


I'll buy that,  they are actually pretty good for skiing.  I hate putting them on, but I luv taking them off!

 

Quote:
Do you also hate going to a good boot fitter?  Just saying....

 

I have spent more time & money with some of the best bootfitters than you could imagine.  My problems stem from a time before bootfitters, but that is another story.  In the past 10 yrs. I have spent much more on boot balancing & tweaks than the boots themselves!

 

Try spending on average 130+ days a year for 35+ yrs. in them (it is against nature to do such a thing wink.gif).  To me they are a necessary evil devil.gif.

 

JF

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post


I'll buy that,  they are actually pretty good for skiing.  I hate putting them on, but I luv taking them off!

 

 

I have spent more time & money with some of the best bootfitters than you could imagine.  My problems stem from a time before bootfitters, but that is another story.  In the past 10 yrs. I have spent much more on boot balancing & tweaks than the boots themselves!

 

Try spending on average 130+ days a year for 35+ yrs. in them (it is against nature to do such a thing wink.gif).  To me they are a necessary evil devil.gif.

 

JF



Ah, then, I bow to your dedication in the face of such challenges.  I remember the days when my ankles always hurt after skiing; it was not fun.  

 

I guess I'm fortunate; my fitting problems were easily solved with punching out the shells in the ankle area, as well as having heat moldable footbeds (didn't even need a fully custom footbed, the Sole footbeds are working).  Love my Full Tilt boots.

 

Back to the topic:

 

What I hate most about skiing is the fact that I'm not skiing right now.   

 

post #42 of 42
Thread Starter 

actually, ill have to agree on that one. number one reason i hate skiing: the season has to end

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › The thing i hate most about skiing.