New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skiing in Eastern PA?? - Page 6

post #151 of 160

I first met Phil when we went to that event together in 2003, I think. Met up in the Lowes parking lot in Plymouth Meeting at o-dark-30 and picked up Finn in Allentown. My first Epic event. I'm going to stop by Buckmans this week for a discount ticket. May be my first day this season. 

post #152 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansilver View Post

I first met Phil when we went to that event together in 2003, I think. Met up in the Lowes parking lot in Plymouth Meeting at o-dark-30 and picked up Finn in Allentown. My first Epic event. I'm going to stop by Buckmans this week for a discount ticket. May be my first day this season. 

There is a rumor the Finn actually skied in Pa. (in the old, old pre-"pow only" days), my first actual confirmation of a sighting!

Sad, but, he may actually be thinking "damn, if only I could".
 

 

post #153 of 160


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Proof View Post

Next Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 is the annual Elk Mtn. Demo Day (and winterfest). It's always been a fun day to get on different skis from about 8 manufacturers. While he was in Pa., Philpug and I did the drive for several years, and, I got an education in skis from the master. Generally, not crowded, last year we got treated to some "powder", yes, real, fresh, new snow. (after a PITA drive!).

 

Not looked to see how much they have open, but, with the passing of the rain last night, snowmaking can restart. Need to think positive.

 

So we need to get some stoke back in Pa skiing....I'm going! Anyone else!



I will be skiing Saturday and Sunday. Wish I could take off work to Ski Friday and demo some skis!

post #154 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Proof View Post

Next Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 is the annual Elk Mtn. Demo Day (and winterfest). It's always been a fun day to get on different skis from about 8 manufacturers. While he was in Pa., Philpug and I did the drive for several years, and, I got an education in skis from the master. Generally, not crowded, last year we got treated to some "powder", yes, real, fresh, new snow. (after a PITA drive!).

 

Not looked to see how much they have open, but, with the passing of the rain last night, snowmaking can restart. Need to think positive.

 

So we need to get some stoke back in Pa skiing....I'm going! Anyone else!


awe shucks. it is like going to a beer tasking..ain't nuthin, 

 

post #155 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansilver View Post

I first met Phil when we went to that event together in 2003, I think. Met up in the Lowes parking lot in Plymouth Meeting at o-dark-30 and picked up Finn in Allentown. My first Epic event. I'm going to stop by Buckmans this week for a discount ticket. May be my first day this season. 



And I miss you most of all, scarecrow. 

post #156 of 160

Ticket in hand, I'm signed, sealed and almost delivered for the annual demo day. Will be wearing a yellow Spyder jacket with black helmet.

 

Elk skiing is still very limited. Of the blacks, Susqahanna aand Tunk are the only ones open. Pa skiing sure is not pretty right now. I feel for the owners of Bear Creek which just opened. Was at Blue this morning, while they are making snow like crazy during recent cold, there were 2 only two trails open from the top.

post #157 of 160

Not a chance! seriously, I don't enjoy sliding around on over-crowded icy slopes with or without an ACL!  I accept my injury for what is and don't do that "I wish" game. No point. I hope to be able to get a few days in up at the boat on some soft cruisers but to be honest, its not really gonna do it for me. 


 

and yes, I used to ski the PA resorts and had many a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Proof View Post

There is a rumor the Finn actually skied in Pa. (in the old, old pre-"pow only" days), my first actual confirmation of a sighting!

Sad, but, he may actually be thinking "damn, if only I could".
 

 



 

post #158 of 160

Almost went up to Blue this a.m. and now glad I didn't. Thanks, LP. Will not make Elk tmw because first grandchild is scheduled to arrive at 7:30 via caesarian

so I will be at maternity ward.  That, and arrival of Jane's grandchild in about three weeks pretty much eliminates the possibility of Tahoe get-together so Phil,

just raise a glass of Magic Hat for a long-distance toast. I hope things calm down enough for the Vermont g-t-g.

 

Next week doesn't look any more promising. Arrgh!

post #159 of 160


Was at Blue yesterday.  While they are blowing a lot of snow, the conditions really weren't very good.  I was at Hunter last week and they have much more open, and that was before the cold snap.  I should have headed up there yesterday. I heard it was close to a powder day on the West side. (Manmade powder, but not the death cookies fo Blue).
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Proof View Post

Ticket in hand, I'm signed, sealed and almost delivered for the annual demo day. Will be wearing a yellow Spyder jacket with black helmet.

 

Elk skiing is still very limited. Of the blacks, Susqahanna aand Tunk are the only ones open. Pa skiing sure is not pretty right now. I feel for the owners of Bear Creek which just opened. Was at Blue this morning, while they are making snow like crazy during recent cold, there were 2 only two trails open from the top.



 

post #160 of 160
Thread Starter 

wife and i are headed up to bear creek tonite....figured now that they have more trails open that we'd start using our season passes ;)  lol!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home