or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › 2012 Blizzard website is up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2012 Blizzard website is up

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Interesting that they have a "mountaineering" segment....I had heard nothing about these

 

http://www.blizzard-ski.com/index.php?id=5#104,1,0,0,0 

 

Expanded line of race skis too....

post #2 of 18

Sadly, the Blizzard web site contains no new information about the flipcore line (Bonafide et al.), and the site is entirely based on pretentious Flash animations.

post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 

Lets not confuse the issue here!

 

this is all about MARKETING....  wink.gif

 

no need for specs and useful information, just buy'm 'cause you like the color and you'll look cool.

post #4 of 18

The website you posted about is the European website.....

 

The U.S. website that should have more information about Flip Core will be live tomorrow.  Hopefully there will be enough info there

to satisfy everyone's needs.  If anyone has any tech questions please feel free to contact me and if anyone has any suggestions about

stuff they would like to see on the site please drop me a line.

 

www.blizzardsportusa.com is the U.S. website.

 

Flipcore is not marketing at all, it's innovation.  It works and if you're a good skier it shouldn't take you more than half a run to feel.

post #5 of 18

Given that this line is dedicated to Arne, I'm curious, is his sister skiing on them for FWT?

post #6 of 18

yes, the website leaves a lot to be desired in terms of information... I hope the new site has better info on both the technical characteristics and intended use.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post

The website you posted about is the European website.....

 

The U.S. website that should have more information about Flip Core will be live tomorrow.  Hopefully there will be enough info there

to satisfy everyone's needs.  If anyone has any tech questions please feel free to contact me and if anyone has any suggestions about

stuff they would like to see on the site please drop me a line.

 

www.blizzardsportusa.com is the U.S. website.

 

Flipcore is not marketing at all, it's innovation.  It works and if you're a good skier it shouldn't take you more than half a run to feel.



 

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post

The website you posted about is the European website.....

 

The U.S. website that should have more information about Flip Core will be live tomorrow.  Hopefully there will be enough info there

to satisfy everyone's needs.  If anyone has any tech questions please feel free to contact me and if anyone has any suggestions about

stuff they would like to see on the site please drop me a line.

 

www.blizzardsportusa.com is the U.S. website.

 

Flipcore is not marketing at all, it's innovation.  It works and if you're a good skier it shouldn't take you more than half a run to feel.



Well since it appears that you work for Blizzard USA, how about getting some decent graphics on those "innovative" flip-flop skis?

 

 

post #8 of 18

I don't mind the graphics... maybe not my favorite but I've seen far, far worse.  And at least they aren't boring.  Didn't stop me from buying them.

post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post

The website you posted about is the European website.....

 

The U.S. website that should have more information about Flip Core will be live tomorrow.  Hopefully there will be enough info there

to satisfy everyone's needs.  If anyone has any tech questions please feel free to contact me and if anyone has any suggestions about

stuff they would like to see on the site please drop me a line.

 

www.blizzardsportusa.com is the U.S. website.

 

Flipcore is not marketing at all, it's innovation.  It works and if you're a good skier it shouldn't take you more than half a run to feel.

Thanks --- I look forward to seeing it.

 

I think the other poster's mention about marketing was a reference to Flash, not Flipcore. We all want Flipcore, and we're all tired of Flash-heavy websites!

 

Suggestion about stuff on site: It would be nice to have side view images to show the rocker profile, not just top-sheet images.


 

 

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2010 View Post

Thanks --- I look forward to seeing it.

 

I think the other poster's mention about marketing was a reference to Flash, not Flipcore. We all want Flipcore, and we're all tired of Flash-heavy websites!

 

Suggestion about stuff on site: It would be nice to have side view images to show the rocker profile, not just top-sheet images.

 



Not mine.....I was talking about "flipcore" not flash....

 

 

and this...." It works and if you're a good skier it shouldn't take you more than half a run to feel."  is PURE marketing to say the least!

 

 

Speak for yourself about "we all want flipcore"  nonono2.gif

 

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytierney View Post

Given that this line is dedicated to Arne, I'm curious, is his sister skiing on them for FWT?



Ingrid is sponsored by Volkl.

post #12 of 18

Here is an interview(I believe we posted this some where else a while back) but its the SIA Show of Blizzard Technica.

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post





Not mine.....I was talking about "flipcore" not flash....

 

 

and this...." It works and if you're a good skier it shouldn't take you more than half a run to feel."  is PURE marketing to say the least!

 

 

Speak for yourself about "we all want flipcore"  nonono2.gif

 


I apologize if that came off as a bullshit line but I honestly believe that you can feel it. Whether you like it or not that's personal preference but there is a difference in feel. Did you get a chance to ski on them this spring? I agree that the graphics are a little polarizing, I like some of them and others are not that great. I've seen some of the versions for the 2012/2013 and the bull theme is not going anywhere although in think the execution is a while lot better!

I know pics of the rocker profile has been discussed but I'm not sure where we stand with it. I will mention it as it's definitely important.
post #14 of 18
RossiSmash- well, it took me less than half a run to feel it. Sorry, dude, but your skepticism is misplaced in this case.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexzn View Post

RossiSmash- well, it took me less than half a run to feel it. Sorry, dude, but your skepticism is misplaced in this case.



I ain't buy'n it....sorry

 

post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

I ain't buy'n it....sorry

 

No way to find out other than trying it out in the coming season.  I was impressed when I tried them last season.  Good luck.  popcorn.gif

 

post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 

 

What I do find interesting is what skis Blizzard is NOT bringing into the US as compared to their European site.

post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

 

What I do find interesting is what skis Blizzard is NOT bringing into the US as compared to their European site.


There is a ton of stuff from all the companies that never makes it to the US. It's crazy how different the market is over there. Companies struggle to sell skis over 80mm in the waist in Europe where as over here it's the polar opposite. It's not hard to figure out why when on a powder day it's a total zoo on the handful of groomed runs yet you could do lap after lap of untracked snow just off the groomed. Sure in certain places (Chamonix, Verbier, Engelberg) there are more people exploring the mountain but for the most part people are obsessed with race skis and groomed runs. There is also a huge market for mountaineering equipment; although in Europe I feel it's more about the uphill than the downhill. That's why you see a lot of the incredibly lightweight and relatively skinny mountaineering skis. Another interesting thing is that in the Germanic states the independent retailer has all but disappeared. There are two large retailers that do 80-90% of the business. The Eurosport stores are insane. They're gigantic, similar to a Sports Authority, yet they carry all the high end equipment. Last year I remember going into one in Kaprun and was amazed at the number of race stock skis and plug boots on the wall. There was a handful of fat skis (mostly Volkls) but in would say 80% of the skis on the wall were 75mm or narrower.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › 2012 Blizzard website is up