Hazard: The helmet provides insufficient shock absorption and resistance to penetration, posing a head injury hazard.
Related Forum Threads
- Ski helmets for narrow (oval) head Last post on 11/11/14 at 8:14am in Ski Gear Discussion
- ski helmet questions [buying in the flatlands, sunglasses] Last post on 11/12/14 at 1:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Helmets Are Essentially Worthless? Last post on 11/24/15 at 10:26pm in Après-Ski
- Would you wear a helmet if only for convenience? Last post on 12/8/11 at 9:37am in Après-Ski
- OMG I bought a helmet Last post on 11/29/11 at 6:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
Marker Protective Snow Equipment
Last edited: 6/10/16
- Helmet Effectiveness ResearchLast edited: 4/25/11
Bought these late in the season last year (NZ season). I found them to be really versatile in a range of snow conditions. They are superb on the groomers, quick edge to edge and pretty stable at...
If you're an expert who loves steep, then Big White might not be the best spot, but I imagine most people overstate their abilities in their minds. There's a good chance Big White is plenty...
I first heard of Jaybird when they donated a pair of their X2 headphones (the predecessor to the Freedom) for our Winter 2016 Image of the Month contest winner. With their new Freedoms coming out I...
Largest vertical in the east, iciest in the east, one of the hardest in the east, and who could not forget the slides. Whiteface offers expert skiers terrain that is truly like nothing else in the...
Bought one of these (a medium to be precise) prior to a trip out west. It's a really great shell. Gore-tex, the snow skirt attached to a pair of 10 year-old Burton pants. Love the fit, not too...
- Helmet Effectiveness Research
UVEX Ski Helmets Recalled due to Head Injury Hazard
post #1 of 4
8/5/11 at 5:14am
post #2 of 4
8/5/11 at 8:08am
post #3 of 4
8/5/11 at 8:41am
Yeah, but there are lot of heads out there that should be recalled....
- UVEX Ski Helmets Recalled due to Head Injury Hazard
Currently, there are 532 Active Users (12 Members and 520 Guests)
- › Spy Happy Lens (v.s. Prizm v.s. Smith I/O) 54 minutes ago
- › Beginner Flex Rating 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Importance of having a ski buddy in trees [a Beginner Zone thread] 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Mt Hood in August? 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Revelstoke needs a new lift 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Australia / New Zealand 2016 4 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Skiing Italian-style with la grande neve 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Renting ski clothing (jacket, ski pants, goggles, etc.)? 4 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Andorra in December? 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Good pack for petite women 4 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › 2015 Dynastar Powertrack 84 Skis by BrettM
- › Big White by DanH
- › Jaybird Freedom by tylrwnzl
- › Whiteface/Lake Placid by tank8681
- › Burton Men's [Ak] 2L Cyclic Jacket, True Black, Large by comfortstarr
- › Holimont by burndust
- › Beech Mountain Resort by ChimneyRidgeTC
- › Snowbasin by janet123
- › 2015 Dynastar Powertrack 89 Skis (179) by graham418
- › 2013 Atomic Alibi Ski by ericgu
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...
- › Darn Tough Socks - The Last Socks You'll...
- › 2017 Volkl Confession Review
- › The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
- › Unofficial Guide to STOWE
- › Marker Protective Snow Equipment
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Lange Buyers Guide
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2016 Dynastar TWIN...
- › SkiEssentials.com - 2017 Blizzard Black Pearl...