Hazard: The helmet provides insufficient shock absorption and resistance to penetration, posing a head injury hazard.
Related Forum Threads
- Ski helmets for narrow (oval) head Last post on 11/11/14 at 8:14am in Ski Gear Discussion
- ski helmet questions [buying in the flatlands, sunglasses] Last post on 11/12/14 at 1:12pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Helmets Are Essentially Worthless? Last post on 6/3/14 at 10:00am in Après-Ski
- Would you wear a helmet if only for convenience? Last post on 12/8/11 at 9:37am in Après-Ski
- OMG I bought a helmet Last post on 11/29/11 at 6:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
I have been reviewing jackets for the past 4 years in varied conditions and from many manufacturers. I thought last years BC from Descente was as good as a shell can get but the designers have...
I went to Ski Apache for the first and last time today. Luckily for me I just had to drive 1.5 hrs to get there so I didn't lose more than $80 to this failure of a ski resort. When we arrived it...
Last season I had the regular motive in a 182cm and found it to be okay as a general ski, but kind of lacking on ice/hard snow and it performed better in long turns vs short turns. I ski on hard...
Everything is as it should be with these bindings so long as you don't care about the vibram soles of the boot you put in them. They chew up the soles. The toe piece on your boots could fail. Seems...
Grand Targhee, is nestled right under the Tetons. The view is incredible if it isn't foggy and snowing. Some say the fog is a con, but the locals consider it a PRO! Because Targhee has such a high...
UVEX Ski Helmets Recalled due to Head Injury Hazard
post #1 of 4
8/5/11 at 5:14am
post #2 of 4
8/5/11 at 8:08am
post #3 of 4
8/5/11 at 8:41am
Yeah, but there are lot of heads out there that should be recalled....
- UVEX Ski Helmets Recalled due to Head Injury Hazard
Currently, there are 2453 Active Users (208 Members and 2245 Guests)
- › Please recommend me a ski to learn how to carve on 1 minute ago
- › Waxing your own skis, alternatives to $50 "ski iron" etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Notes on Out of the Wrapper Tunes: new skis 6 minutes ago
- › Nordica Patron 185cm as an east coast tree ski 10 minutes ago
- › Damp, vs rebound, vs liveliness etc... 13 minutes ago
- › A female friend is looking for a good powder ski 18 minutes ago
- › New Skis - Tune or not? 25 minutes ago
- › Tahoe over X-Mas 25 minutes ago
- › Dynastar powertrack length? 31 minutes ago
- › Waxing Questions 32 minutes ago
- › 2015 Descente Haines Jacket by Philpug
- › Ski Apache by Tim Pitz
- › 2012 Fischer Motive 80 C-Line Ski by Basil J
- › 22 Designs Axl Telemark Binding One Color, S by 54max
- › Grand Targhee by ApachePine
- › 2015 Descente Storm by Philpug
- › Salomon Ghost Max 130 Ski Boots 2014 - 27.5 by mtbakerpow
- › 2014 Salomon Rocker2 122 Ski by mtbakerpow
- › 2015 Rossignol Experience 84 Ski by davidbeinct
- › 2012 Dynastar 6th Sense Superpipe Ski by ski-master
- › Gudauri season opening 12.20.2014.
- › Loveland, CO - A Pictorial
- › Whiteface Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Highlands, CO - A Pictorial
- › Steamboat Springs
- › Hunter Mountain, NY - A Pictorial
- › Snowmass, CO - A Pictorial
- › Sugarloaf, ME - A Pictorial
- › Aspen Mountain, CO - A Pictorial
- › About Those German Trail Names at Taos