seems like there is an ever increasing pool of talent of skiers and cinematographers out there. currently there are well over 27 different ski/snowboard films dropping this fall, and that number just keeps climbing. at some point the lack of sponsor money is gonna have to put a cap on things, but at the same time new technology keeps driving down production costs. Resorts are now getting into the business too, with full length/budget movies coming out this year to promote retallack, and mount hood. You can check these out, and at least 25 others on my ski movie trailers page.
- topicSki Movies Films Videostagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone know any good ski films? Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- EPIC Video Content Last post on 1/15/13 at 3:20pm in Site Suggestions (and Compliments)
- Out of the Shadows on Itunes Last post on 7/1/12 at 8:25am in General Skiing Discussion
- EP 3: See you next Season Last post on 5/12/12 at 8:05pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Stowe's Annual East Coast Supershoot Last post on 4/19/12 at 8:59am in General Skiing Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Holy Stoke Batman - there's a lot of ski movies this year
The good thing about this is it makes the most popular production companies - like MSP and TGR - keep improving... the production values are pretty slick overall this year - based on the trailers anyway.
^^^definitely. there are some real slick flicks in there, but the top tier continues to push the envelope. i think brain farm has to be included in the top tier now. it's snowboarding, but i think they are ahead of the rest in terms of production quality.
after reading my original post i should clarify that i meant full length/full budget, not budget, full length. and i'm left wonder if 'if you want to fly', which is billed as the first ski film without sponsors, was sponsored by aspen ski co.
Watched my Retallack DVD last night. Awesome skiing, but the movie was pretty short and felt like a bunch of well done online videos spliced together, rather than a film.
The ski "movie season" can only get better from here.
I pretty much stick to the aforementioned MSP, TGR and Nimbus. I ordered Attack of La Nina from Sportsflicks in blu-ray. I was was able to get my fav's Claim, In deep, The way I see it in Blu-ray. the picture quality is certainly better but the real difference in the sound quality. The Way I see it has an amazing powder segment from Niseiko.
One of my favorite segments, very mellow / peaceful vibe with the music they used (borrowed from Lost in Translation). Actually, that whole film is pretty amazing.
I have this is Blu-ray. it is amzing. that segment is so cool. Also love the whole Sean Pettit powder seggy. It has become my favorite. Still love Claim, In deep and Push/Pull. Seven Sunny days is pretty cool too. Looking forward to Attack .....
- Holy Stoke Batman - there's a lot of ski movies this year
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 6 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 14 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 16 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 23 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 24 minutes ago
- › Terrain Based Instruction for Beginners - Is it new? Why is it... 32 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › ski signs trail marking 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › The Sugarloaf (MI) saga continues 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer