seems like there is an ever increasing pool of talent of skiers and cinematographers out there. currently there are well over 27 different ski/snowboard films dropping this fall, and that number just keeps climbing. at some point the lack of sponsor money is gonna have to put a cap on things, but at the same time new technology keeps driving down production costs. Resorts are now getting into the business too, with full length/budget movies coming out this year to promote retallack, and mount hood. You can check these out, and at least 25 others on my ski movie trailers page.
- topicSki Movies Films Videostagged by System, 8/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone know any good ski films? Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- EPIC Video Content Last post on 1/15/13 at 3:20pm in Site Suggestions (and Compliments)
- Out of the Shadows on Itunes Last post on 7/1/12 at 8:25am in General Skiing Discussion
- EP 3: See you next Season Last post on 5/12/12 at 8:05pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Stowe's Annual East Coast Supershoot Last post on 4/19/12 at 8:59am in General Skiing Discussion
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Holy Stoke Batman - there's a lot of ski movies this year
The good thing about this is it makes the most popular production companies - like MSP and TGR - keep improving... the production values are pretty slick overall this year - based on the trailers anyway.
^^^definitely. there are some real slick flicks in there, but the top tier continues to push the envelope. i think brain farm has to be included in the top tier now. it's snowboarding, but i think they are ahead of the rest in terms of production quality.
after reading my original post i should clarify that i meant full length/full budget, not budget, full length. and i'm left wonder if 'if you want to fly', which is billed as the first ski film without sponsors, was sponsored by aspen ski co.
Watched my Retallack DVD last night. Awesome skiing, but the movie was pretty short and felt like a bunch of well done online videos spliced together, rather than a film.
The ski "movie season" can only get better from here.
I pretty much stick to the aforementioned MSP, TGR and Nimbus. I ordered Attack of La Nina from Sportsflicks in blu-ray. I was was able to get my fav's Claim, In deep, The way I see it in Blu-ray. the picture quality is certainly better but the real difference in the sound quality. The Way I see it has an amazing powder segment from Niseiko.
One of my favorite segments, very mellow / peaceful vibe with the music they used (borrowed from Lost in Translation). Actually, that whole film is pretty amazing.
I have this is Blu-ray. it is amzing. that segment is so cool. Also love the whole Sean Pettit powder seggy. It has become my favorite. Still love Claim, In deep and Push/Pull. Seven Sunny days is pretty cool too. Looking forward to Attack .....
- Holy Stoke Batman - there's a lot of ski movies this year
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 5 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 9 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Blizzard quattro rx 174 , like new condition 19 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 20 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 28 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 30 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 33 minutes ago
- › Binding off center question. 35 minutes ago
- › 2018 Demo Day results: Sierra At Tahoe demo 40 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview