New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

East Coast Ski

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Hey all,

 

I'm currently looking at buying another pair of skis this season. I currently own Salomon Dumont's, and Dalbello Rampage boots. It is time for a ski upgrade.

 

I've come across the Fischer Watea's 78/84's, and the Dynastar Sultan 85's. I am open to other suggestions. 

 

Here's my ski profile:

 

Height - 6'0"

Weight - 155 lbs.

Level - Advanced

 

I instruct at a mountain, and ski pretty much anything. I will be on the east coast this whole winter as of now. I get near 50 days a season in. I already have a pair of "park" and fool around skis. My favorite type of skiing is steeps, moguls, and trees. I use the groomers to access this skiing when necessary. I'm looking for a step up leaning towards bumps, yet can hold an edge on the "ice coast".

 

Any more details I can provide you with them. Thanks!

post #2 of 14

skate_newspeed_st_300.jpg

post #3 of 14


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by volantaddict View Post

skate_newspeed_st_300.jpg

Is that the new Volant SuperCarve  or Machete' for 2012?duck.gif

 

For OP, if you want something that is about 33% light fresh and trees, 33% frontside codury and 33% bumps I would recommend the K2 Extreme or anything in the low to mid 80s..  However, why not go with a 3 pair quiver with one set for each of those?... teaching on the carving ski. 
 

 

post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastSki13 View Post

Hey all,

 

I'm currently looking at buying another pair of skis this season. I currently own Salomon Dumont's, and Dalbello Rampage boots. It is time for a ski upgrade.

 

I've come across the Fischer Watea's 78/84's, and the Dynastar Sultan 85's. I am open to other suggestions. 

 

Here's my ski profile:

 

Height - 6'0"

Weight - 155 lbs.

Level - Advanced

 

I instruct at a mountain, and ski pretty much anything. I will be on the east coast this whole winter as of now. I get near 50 days a season in. I already have a pair of "park" and fool around skis. My favorite type of skiing is steeps, moguls, and trees. I use the groomers to access this skiing when necessary. I'm looking for a step up leaning towards bumps, yet can hold an edge on the "ice coast".

 

Any more details I can provide you with them. Thanks!




what mountains do you ski at?

post #5 of 14

BW, a ski with your name on it should work very nicely don't you think?  (Blizzard Bushwacker  EastCoastSkier 13)I think that would cover most of the terrain described IMO.    Dave

post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveski7 View Post

BW, a ski with your name on it should work very nicely don't you think?  (Blizzard Bushwacker  EastCoastSkier 13)I think that would cover most of the terrain described IMO.    Dave



ir really depends on where he is at, and if he wants a twin or not. the bushwacker could work.

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 

Mainly Windham and Hunter. When I'm at Hunter I've got the Dumont's for park and well everywhere at this point. I like to spend about half the day on Hunter West as well and anything that's bumped up. I'm looking for something that will react in the bumps, and can edge on the hardpack. I'm not really all that into railroading and high speed. It's fun at time, and I do it like 10% of the time.

post #8 of 14

That is why I brought up the Bushwacker.  Seems to fit the bill very well IMO.   Dave

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 

They look a bit pricey. I'm trying to keep the ski down around $450.00 or less. Then I need to take care of bindings and mounting. I'll be looking at swap and sell meet, as well as our annual "Pro Night", 40% off :-)

post #10 of 14

Out of curiosity, what do you do that you have a pro night?

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 

Instruct. I have limited funds for skiing at this point. :-(

post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastSki13 View Post

They look a bit pricey. I'm trying to keep the ski down around $450.00 or less. Then I need to take care of bindings and mounting. I'll be looking at swap and sell meet, as well as our annual "Pro Night", 40% off :-


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastSki13 View Post

Instruct. I have limited funds for skiing at this point. :-(


What gear is your ski school director repping for?  In your boots, I'd ask them to recommend something and try to get it on pro form.  It's good all around if you're rocking the gear your boss is pimpin'  You get a great deal on it, you get brownie points for expressing interest in the gear they pimp, and your bosses company gets more product placement on the slopes reaching their target market directly.  Win win!

 

post #13 of 14

I got the Vokel AC30's last year, I love them.  When on the east coast, I ski Hunter & Whindam all the time.  They are great in the bumps.

 

Good luck

post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastSki13 View Post

Hey all,

 

I'm currently looking at buying another pair of skis this season. I currently own Salomon Dumont's, and Dalbello Rampage boots. It is time for a ski upgrade.

 

I've come across the Fischer Watea's 78/84's, and the Dynastar Sultan 85's. I am open to other suggestions. 

 

Here's my ski profile:

 

Height - 6'0"

Weight - 155 lbs.

Level - Advanced

 

I instruct at a mountain, and ski pretty much anything. I will be on the east coast this whole winter as of now. I get near 50 days a season in. I already have a pair of "park" and fool around skis. My favorite type of skiing is steeps, moguls, and trees. I use the groomers to access this skiing when necessary. I'm looking for a step up leaning towards bumps, yet can hold an edge on the "ice coast".

 

Any more details I can provide you with them. Thanks!


 

you have great bumps skis already.

 

with that said the Bushwacker, or even blizzard 8.1. Go 180 in the bushwacker or 179 in the 8.1. They both are easy to ski on due to the rocker.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion