Just curious about conditions and whether it was crowded. Thinking of hitting it the last weekend...
- itemCrystal Mountaintagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- new to Washington St Skiing - NEED HELP Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:29pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Why is Crystal Mountain (Washington) closing between April 18th and Memorial Day? Last post on 3/21/16 at 10:38am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Good terrain with affordable lift ticket list Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:43pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Which Seattle area resort?? Last post on 1/4/16 at 9:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Anybody up at Crystal Mountain this weekend?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was there on Saturday. It felt more crowded than the other spring weekends I've been there because they're down to just Green Valley only. So, there was a line for a little while mid morning. Not a terrible line, but there was a line for a bit. Conditions were quite good, a little firm in the morning because it did drop below freezing Friday night, but everything softened up quickly as soon as the sun hit it. Some aspects took a couple of hours before they got enough sun but I'd say by 11-ish, even those faces had started to soften up. They are losing snow fast though, that's for sure. It'll be interesting to see how much longer they stay open.
Oh, and without REX running, having to walk back up the cat track from the Green Valley lift to the gondola to download is kinda a drag.
I was hearing July 4th is last day "for sure".
Lift line was about 5 or 10 minutes sometimes. Conditions were good. Hardpack for the first couple hours then slush. I brought two pairs of skis, and switched at lunch but it was more for fun factor than totally necessary.
Agree the hike from Green Valley back up to the Gondola in the slush is a drag.
- Anybody up at Crystal Mountain this weekend?
- › Bode News 21 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 22 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 31 minutes ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 32 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 33 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 47 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Need help with ski/setup 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer