Just curious about conditions and whether it was crowded. Thinking of hitting it the last weekend...
- itemCrystal Mountaintagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Skiing Seattle area tomorrow... Crystal, or Stevens Pass? Last post on 2/28/17 at 6:25pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Crystal Mountain info Last post on 11/19/16 at 5:04pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- new to Washington St Skiing - NEED HELP Last post on 11/8/16 at 6:09am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and gloating. Last post on Yesterday at 5:21 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Anybody up at Crystal Mountain this weekend?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was there on Saturday. It felt more crowded than the other spring weekends I've been there because they're down to just Green Valley only. So, there was a line for a little while mid morning. Not a terrible line, but there was a line for a bit. Conditions were quite good, a little firm in the morning because it did drop below freezing Friday night, but everything softened up quickly as soon as the sun hit it. Some aspects took a couple of hours before they got enough sun but I'd say by 11-ish, even those faces had started to soften up. They are losing snow fast though, that's for sure. It'll be interesting to see how much longer they stay open.
Oh, and without REX running, having to walk back up the cat track from the Green Valley lift to the gondola to download is kinda a drag.
I was hearing July 4th is last day "for sure".
Lift line was about 5 or 10 minutes sometimes. Conditions were good. Hardpack for the first couple hours then slush. I brought two pairs of skis, and switched at lunch but it was more for fun factor than totally necessary.
Agree the hike from Green Valley back up to the Gondola in the slush is a drag.
- Anybody up at Crystal Mountain this weekend?
- › Full Tilt Classic Size Question 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a pair of park/freestyle ski 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Atomic Vantage 90 CTI Skis 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Pondering a new bike (but I really shouldn't ... but hey, summer... 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 5 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 5 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview