Kirkwood was good yesterday..7:30 til 10! Today is too hot in the foothills to think about skiing.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rank the resorts on the Epic Pass? Last post on 10/10/15 at 3:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- What Makes the Epic Pass Valuable to You? Last post on 10/13/14 at 6:26am in General Skiing Discussion
- April week w/kids: Vail-Beaver Creek & Summit County vs Aspen-Snowmass vs Alta-Snowbird, A... Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- You guys are 3 for 3 for recommending me where to ski, can we make it 4 in a row? Group trip in... Last post on 11/5/13 at 7:24pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Signature Runs Last post on 4/18/14 at 9:16am in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Snowbird Unofficial GuideLast edited: 11/7/15
- Kirkwood, CA - A PictorialLast edited: 9/9/13
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Anyone still Skiing this season? - Page 3post #61 of 1357/3/11 at 10:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1357/4/11 at 9:47pm
Fri July 1st: Poop Chute sunset lap on Donner Pass
Sat July 2nd: Alpine Meadows
Sun July 3rd: Squaw
Mon July 4th: Donner Ski Ranch/Sugarbowl/Alpine Meadows/Squaw (yeah, a 4peat for the Fourth).
Snow was pretty damn bueno all 4 days, but I'd have to say that Sat and Sun were the best of the bunch, in terms of conditions. DSR gets crazy mad props for running Chair 2 (their backside) and for the owner hauling folks up to the chair in the back of his pick-up (he also let you drive your own 4X4 up the mountain, which I did).post #63 of 1357/4/11 at 11:05pmpost #64 of 1357/6/11 at 10:23ampost #65 of 1357/6/11 at 10:29ampost #66 of 1357/6/11 at 10:31ampost #67 of 1357/6/11 at 12:00pmpost #68 of 1357/6/11 at 4:01pmpost #69 of 1357/6/11 at 4:11pmpost #70 of 1357/7/11 at 4:21pmSpknmike, Gold Pass is between St. Regis and Avery, should have gotten to it earlier. The goods were on Summit Springs dropping the N shots, unfortunately we took the long way to what was close skiing.I will say Flat Top Mtn. is aptly named it has some nice east shots but no snow at this time on those slopes, should have hit it when it was freshly plowed with 13'.post #71 of 1357/18/11 at 8:31pmpost #72 of 1357/18/11 at 8:33pmpost #73 of 1357/18/11 at 10:04pm
Pretty amazing to see frozen lakes & that much snow in the middle of July!
We got a few laps out in the Sierra on the Nipple off of Blue Lakes Rd. today.
Getting patchy, but still skiing
Lost Lakes July 18th
JFpost #74 of 1357/19/11 at 8:02pmpost #75 of 1357/27/11 at 3:22pmpost #76 of 1357/30/11 at 1:33pm
Hiked a ridge to looker's left of "The Patches" out Forestdale Divide way on Thursday, July 28 with Stev. Knocked out 3 runs with an 8 turn, 10 turn, and 22 turn count. Snow was Sweet Sierra Soft Serve.
Hiked up to Folger Peak with Stev on Friday, July 29. We skied from about 100 feet under the top of Folger through a chute and into a bowl. The snow was wonky, super sun-cupped, and easily the worst we've skied all Spring/Summer whilst hiking for turns. Not to be daunted, we hit up 3 more lines on the hike out (I actually squeezed out a 4th) and the snow at lower elevation was SSSS through and through. In fact the whole area is holding snow better at the lower elevations than up higher, which is strange for this time of year. Lottsa nice pockets of sweet pitches to be garnered if you're into some hiking (best hike/turn ratio was a 10 turn patch that took me a total of 8 minutes to hike and ski).
Boo yaa!post #77 of 1357/30/11 at 3:17pmpost #78 of 1357/30/11 at 3:30pmpost #79 of 1357/30/11 at 8:43pmpost #80 of 1357/31/11 at 3:32pmQuote:
I am tempted, but don't think I can pull it off this week. Thursday would be it for me if something changes.
Did you get the pics I sent from Forestdale?post #81 of 1357/31/11 at 11:59pm
Stev and I trekked out to Mt. Lola late today. We arrived there about 3 p.m. and immediately bounced up my "secret" road to hit the ridge, which is holding nicely right now. However, about 1/2 way up the road we discovered that the Jan Michael Vincent Danger Bridge was obstructed by a log, which, although somebody had cut, they hadn't cut enough of it to allow my Taco Mama to squeeze by without rolling into the river. Stev and I pondered the crossing for a bit too long before erring on the side of caution and backing out and down the road. Determined to get our turns in for all the trouble, we continued out on the main road through Jackson Meadows and then took some unmarked roads in an effort to follow all the snow we kept glimpsing on faraway ridges. After much trial and error and surfing through deep mud puddles and over lingering snow berms, we ended up in a lush meadow at the foot of a sweet 6 chute ridge line. We skied 3 of the 6 chutes, due to the lateness in the day (we didn't conclude our venture until after 8 p.m.). The snow was a hit & miss selection of sun cupped and runneled wonk and meandering bouts of Sierra Soft Serve. Still, the entirety of the adventure was mas bueno.post #82 of 1358/9/11 at 4:04pmpost #83 of 1358/10/11 at 11:40am
It won't be more than a couple weeks till night time temps start to fall below freezing again, amazing! Might be an early season if we get some decent snow. It should adhere and accumulate on some of this snowpack,post #84 of 1358/25/11 at 10:58am
this has been a fantastic year! skied three days last week. not because i wanted august turns, but because it was damn fun and good. i will be out again before the month ends too.
fast forward to 8/22 at highland lakes
pulled into camp in the early evening and a large snowfield with very easy access was glowing in the sun. a short hike later and my daughter was shooting this from the camp site.
went to bed dreaming of the next turn
skiing is fun
can't wait to get back out, although i have to wait at least until the boots dry.post #85 of 1358/25/11 at 12:51pmpost #86 of 1358/29/11 at 12:51ampost #87 of 1358/29/11 at 7:27ampost #88 of 1358/29/11 at 7:59ampost #89 of 1358/29/11 at 8:11am
- Anyone still Skiing this season?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 4 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 4 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer