Given the limited terrain xtal is operating, where are they doing camps?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rank the resorts on the Epic Pass? Last post on 10/10/15 at 3:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- What Makes the Epic Pass Valuable to You? Last post on 10/13/14 at 6:26am in General Skiing Discussion
- April week w/kids: Vail-Beaver Creek & Summit County vs Aspen-Snowmass vs Alta-Snowbird, A... Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- You guys are 3 for 3 for recommending me where to ski, can we make it 4 in a row? Group trip in... Last post on 11/5/13 at 7:24pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Signature Runs Last post on 4/18/14 at 9:16am in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Snowbird Unofficial GuideLast edited: 11/7/15
- Kirkwood, CA - A PictorialLast edited: 9/9/13
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Anyone still Skiing this season? - Page 2post #31 of 1356/14/11 at 6:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1356/15/11 at 11:42am
Hit up Ebbetts Pass in the Eastern Sierras yesterday. Tons of snow abounds up there as in many spots the walls of snow alongside the road are at least 10 ft. tall. Scored some easy access car shuttle action with about a 30 minute hike on snow and dirt/underbrush yielding some sweet Sierra Soft Serve. About to head out to Donner Pass and see what's what.post #33 of 1356/16/11 at 11:29am
Schussed down The Poop Chute up on Donner Pass yesterday. While you can't really ski all the way down to the lake from atop the PCT (and Mt. Judah), there are still plenty of tasty lines lurking about up there, many with easy access. My buddy Stev and I set up a nice car shuttle and banged the whole thing out in about 2 hours. And considering our late start (2 p.m.), the snow was supple and sweet soft serve goodness.
And you can tell that summer has really kicked in around Tahoe in that pretty much everybody else has given up on the snow; We were the only folks skiing, everybody else up on the pass was either on a road bike, rock climbing, or touristy sightseeing.
Edited by dookey67 - 6/16/11 at 11:47ampost #34 of 1356/16/11 at 5:32pm
just read that Mount Bachelor is going to open for July 2,3 and 4. check their web site for the particulars. As everywhere the snow is still deep and while the entire mountain is not open what is will be fun.post #35 of 1356/17/11 at 6:56ampost #36 of 1356/18/11 at 11:06pmpost #37 of 1356/19/11 at 7:34ampost #38 of 1356/19/11 at 5:49pm
I just did 8 runs on Donner Pass...7 over around School Rock and Star Rock and then the Poop Chute across the way (again). Good snow. Sadly the lines I had scoped that were around the climbing rocks ended up being either really short or not very steep (they looked both long and steep from atop the opposite ridge). Oh well. Me and my buddies made the best of the situation and just banged out laps, played around with some natural jumps (mini-cornices and fissures) and basically had a swell time being out and about.post #39 of 1356/19/11 at 8:39pmpost #40 of 1356/21/11 at 5:14pm
Went out Saturday for one last ski. They plow the 4-wheel drive road up the north side of Ophir Pass near Silverton to about 11,700 feet. A pretty easy drive from the highway on the bottom of Red Mountain Pass. Booted up for about an hour and half and got in some sweet slush turns on mostly dirty snow. Had to get up at 4:00 a.m. to get up there before it got too warm, and by 9:00 were back at the truck and headed home. No pictures, but some good sensations and memories to keep me going until next season.post #41 of 1356/21/11 at 6:11pmpost #42 of 1356/21/11 at 7:45pm
June 21st, Chair 3 zipper line at Mammoth Mtn. CA.
JFpost #43 of 1356/23/11 at 7:09ampost #44 of 1356/23/11 at 10:11ampost #45 of 1356/23/11 at 10:29ampost #46 of 1356/23/11 at 10:31ampost #47 of 1356/23/11 at 8:52pmpost #48 of 1356/25/11 at 7:10ampost #49 of 1356/25/11 at 5:34pm
Hit up Crystal today. It was rather firm in the AM, especially in the shade, as temps had dropped below freezing last night. However everything softened up quite nicely. It was a really fun spring day, all in all.post #50 of 1356/25/11 at 6:16pmQuote:
I was up there today too. Good day of (summer) skiing, even grabbed the praxis pow boards after lunch for the slush.
Plenty of people skiing off the road at chinook pass too.post #51 of 1356/27/11 at 11:57am
Hit up Ebbetts Pass (Hwy 4, California) on Saturday for a Kinney Lake chute lap.
Hit up Mammoth yesterday for some lift-and-gondola served goodness.
Hitting up Donner Pass in a few moments.
Da goods is good and plentiful in the Sierras at the moment.post #52 of 1356/27/11 at 2:56pmQuote:
Dookey, where you skiing this weekend?post #53 of 1356/28/11 at 12:02ampost #54 of 1356/28/11 at 9:13pmpost #55 of 1357/2/11 at 3:13pmpost #56 of 1357/2/11 at 3:38pmpost #57 of 1357/2/11 at 4:08pmpost #58 of 1357/2/11 at 4:17pmpost #59 of 1357/2/11 at 9:22pm
- Anyone still Skiing this season?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 25 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 50 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 3 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 4 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 4 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer