Recent Images In This Thread
- itemSnowbirdtagged by System, 6/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 Last post on Today at 6:05 pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Snowbird: March 2-5, First Trip Last post on 2/22/17 at 9:28am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Snowbird Powder Panic Video Last post on 3/13/17 at 7:34am in General Skiing Discussion
- Snowbird Utah Lodging: Iron Blosam or the Lodge at Snowbird? Last post on 2/12/17 at 4:10pm in General Skiing Discussion
- First Trip to Cottonwood Canyon Last post on 2/21/17 at 5:20pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Snowbird Unofficial GuideLast edited: 11/7/15
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
- Snowbird Unofficial Guide
Memorial Weekend 2011, Snowbird
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Looks like a fun day. Must be a mini-Bell there ripping the steeps.
In years like this, perhaps more ski areas will re-evaluate their early closures. I have skied a few late season days this year at Snowbird, Kirkwood & Squaw. All of them had good business even on days when the conditions were less than ideal.
I love the flexion in that photo. Looks like it was a spectacular weekend. I was in SLC for my daughter's graduation from Westminster College, but was unable to partake of skiing because I'm on the disabled list. Good to know that someone had a great time!
JTBC, my time was great, it just wasn't skiing.
To be fair, the line (in the photo) was big at 10am because the opening had been delayed due to avy control. An hour or so later, it was pretty much dissipated.
Hey it shows there is viable interest in skiing beyond the traditional cut off dates, even if for shorter hours or weekend operation, so much great snow just gets wasted.... Its painful to see webcams of fresh just sitting there......
- Memorial Weekend 2011, Snowbird
- › Sitting in the backseat 4 minutes ago
- › Skis, boots, or me? 5 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 8 minutes ago
- › Lech am Arlberg, March 3rd-11th 9 minutes ago
- › Early 2018 Gathering Thread 12 minutes ago
- › FS: Flylow Higgins Jackets Size L Bluebird color 17 minutes ago
- › Best resort to challenge me and my husband March 18-25, NY/NH/VT? 18 minutes ago
- › Before and after 21 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 44 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 48 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!