Recent Images In This Thread
- itemSnowbirdtagged by System, 6/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on 10/20/16 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Saturday, May 27 at Snowbird was buttery! Last post on 5/30/16 at 2:00pm in Trip Reports
- Little Cottonwood Canyon, late Mar, early Apr 2016 Last post on 4/16/16 at 10:31am in Trip Reports
- Rental question [for Snowbird in late season] Last post on 3/29/16 at 9:45pm in Ski Gear Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Snowbird Unofficial GuideLast edited: 11/7/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Snowbird Unofficial Guide
Memorial Weekend 2011, Snowbird
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Looks like a fun day. Must be a mini-Bell there ripping the steeps.
In years like this, perhaps more ski areas will re-evaluate their early closures. I have skied a few late season days this year at Snowbird, Kirkwood & Squaw. All of them had good business even on days when the conditions were less than ideal.
I love the flexion in that photo. Looks like it was a spectacular weekend. I was in SLC for my daughter's graduation from Westminster College, but was unable to partake of skiing because I'm on the disabled list. Good to know that someone had a great time!
JTBC, my time was great, it just wasn't skiing.
To be fair, the line (in the photo) was big at 10am because the opening had been delayed due to avy control. An hour or so later, it was pretty much dissipated.
Hey it shows there is viable interest in skiing beyond the traditional cut off dates, even if for shorter hours or weekend operation, so much great snow just gets wasted.... Its painful to see webcams of fresh just sitting there......
- Memorial Weekend 2011, Snowbird
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 3 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 4 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 5 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 5 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 6 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer