Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Late Season at Snowbird? Last post on 5/10/13 at 8:17pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Springtime at The Bird Last post on 5/2/13 at 6:18am in Trip Reports
- Late-season turns? Last post on 5/7/13 at 9:42pm in General Skiing Discussion
- WTH Happened to Lift Ticket Prices Lately?! Last post on 5/3/13 at 5:20pm in General Skiing Discussion
- April lift ticket deals at Cottonwood Canyon resorts? Last post on 4/8/13 at 11:20am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Snowbird Unofficial Ski Guide By Snowbird Devotee
Edited on 12/21/12
Related Blog Posts
Crossing Tracks at Snowbird on May 13, 2005
Published on 5/15/05 by Feed The Habit
Powder Skiing at Snowbird Ski Resort - May 2003
Published on 5/10/03 by Feed The Habit
Snowbird Ski Resort: The Bird is the Word
Published on 3/20/03 by Feed The Habit
The Last Run of the Day... Snowbird-style
Published on 1/14/09 by Feed The Habit
Duking it Out: Snowbird Has the Tram
Published on 2/10/02 by Feed The Habit
For dependable snow coverage, you can't beat Snow Summit. Summit is actually half of Big Bear Mountain Resorts so the pass includes Bear Mountain which makes the resort larger than it appears at...
THE SILVERTON MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE Where is this place? We must be getting close. Eyes anxiously scan the steep canyon walls for any sign of a ski lift. It’s...
One of the largest ski resorts in the world, rich with Austrian history and a traditional approach to skiing. From a gastronomical perspective, the food and beverages are of a traditional Austrian...
Tuesday 2/26/13 is travel day. Planes, trains, and automobiles. Okay, maybe just an airport train, but three of us make the trip to Mt.Bachelor, OR from Phoenix, AZ. Although connecting...
Well, it’s been about a solid half season so far with our new FLYLOW GEAR, and the field data from the DSJ Gear Testing Laboratories has been compiled and tabulated. Let’s talk about the...
Memorial Weekend 2011, Snowbird
Looks like a fun day. Must be a mini-Bell there ripping the steeps.
In years like this, perhaps more ski areas will re-evaluate their early closures. I have skied a few late season days this year at Snowbird, Kirkwood & Squaw. All of them had good business even on days when the conditions were less than ideal.
I love the flexion in that photo. Looks like it was a spectacular weekend. I was in SLC for my daughter's graduation from Westminster College, but was unable to partake of skiing because I'm on the disabled list. Good to know that someone had a great time!
JTBC, my time was great, it just wasn't skiing.
To be fair, the line (in the photo) was big at 10am because the opening had been delayed due to avy control. An hour or so later, it was pretty much dissipated.
Hey it shows there is viable interest in skiing beyond the traditional cut off dates, even if for shorter hours or weekend operation, so much great snow just gets wasted.... Its painful to see webcams of fresh just sitting there......
- Memorial Weekend 2011, Snowbird
- › You know...For kids! (Super Hero Cape Content) 28 seconds ago
- › Looking for a new Powder ski for next winter 3 minutes ago
- › Schweitzer - May 11, 2013 4 minutes ago
- › 2013 Carving Compilation - SL and GS 17 minutes ago
- › Our last day at Killington 5/18/13 21 minutes ago
- › Buying Jester or Dukes - few questions 43 minutes ago
- › The Dog Pic Thread 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Why be patient at turn transition? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Sidecountry does not exist. 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › My turn: assess me!!! (for CSIA L3) 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Higgins M Jacket by Fritzski
- › Durango Mountain Resort by Nick Z Taos
- › Taos Ski Valley by Nick Z Taos
- › Alta by mogulover
- › 2014 Rossignol Pursuit HP Ti Ski by Philpug
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo