I don't like the idea of anything that shoots balls.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The 2015 EpicSki Gathering at Jackson Hole Last post on 3/21/15 at 3:31pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Jackson Hole Opens This Saturday - 11-26-2011 Last post on 11/26/11 at 3:04am in General Skiing Discussion
- Teton Pass, Jackson Hole, 11-13-2011. Let Winter Begin! Last post on 11/18/11 at 1:43pm in Trip Reports
- And thus begins Bob Peters 2012 ski season Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:41pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Skiing at Jackson Hole - 9/5/2011 Last post on 9/20/11 at 3:28am in Trip Reports
Back Home in the Jackson Backcountry
Last edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
- Powder 8 Tracks In Cody BowlLast edited: 9/12/16
- EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillanLast edited: 11/21/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Corbet's Couloir, anyone??? - Page 2post #31 of 396/3/11 at 6:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 396/3/11 at 7:29ampost #33 of 3910/16/11 at 11:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Bob Peters
Take a look at this photo I took from the Jackson Hole tram yesterday morning. That is Corbet's Couloir as of May 30, 2011.
There's nothing in the photo to provide any scale, but that cornice is humongous. The rock wall in the center of the photos is probably fifteen feet high at least. I have no idea how big that drop would be right now.
I'm pretty sure I've never seen it that big in 40+ years of skiing here.
My sister took a cross country road trip in early September and got this shot of Corbet's when they visited JH. Not really skiable at the moment.post #34 of 3910/16/11 at 12:03pmpost #35 of 3910/16/11 at 12:10pmpost #36 of 3910/16/11 at 7:42pmpost #37 of 3910/16/11 at 9:30pmpost #38 of 3910/16/11 at 9:58pm
There are some more summer Corbets pictures at this guy's site:
He has photos from 2009, and there are snow patches that look just like the one's in Trek's sister's pic.
- Corbet's Couloir, anyone???
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- › Stowe - This Weekend 53 seconds ago
- › MA my bump skiing 6 minutes ago
- › Dalbello Viper 120 ID, size 27.5, new 10 minutes ago
- › Semantics 30 minutes ago
- › Looking for a pair of park/freestyle ski 49 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 51 minutes ago
- › Binding Brakes / Size - Pivot to Enforcer 100 52 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview