EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › After the Taliban Skiing Returns to Pakistan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

After the Taliban Skiing Returns to Pakistan

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

 

I found this report in iTunes podcasts, from France 24. I typed up some subtitles and added it to the report and posted it on YouTube. After watching this, I guess I shouldn't bitch so much about our fixed grip chairs and lack of snowmaking:

 

 


Edited by georgert - 6/2/11 at 7:45am
post #2 of 10

I hope Pakistan is successfull with the rebuilding of  their ski program and end up with an Olympic team.  Pooh on the Taliban.

post #3 of 10

Thank you for posting this. 

 

What a horrible waste that was.  How could anyones' God not want people to experience the mountains?  Certainly am glad the Methodists or the Mormons don't feel that way about skiing!

 

Has anyone heard anything about Iranian skiing?  It was fairly well developed back in the days of the Shaw, but what has happened since? 

post #4 of 10

Thanks for posting this.

post #5 of 10

Wow, I've always despised the Taliban, but sheesh...I didn't know they even banned skiing! Even worse that it was by penalty of death. What a bunch of party poopers!

post #6 of 10

The last I heard about skiing in Iran (and it was some years ago), there are some decent-sized ski areas.  IIRC, there were segregated slopes for men and women!  Snowboarders, count your blessings.

post #7 of 10


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

Has anyone heard anything about Iranian skiing?  It was fairly well developed back in the days of the Shaw, but what has happened since? 


Warren Miller's Cold Fusion (2002) - waaay after Shah but also way before the current thug:

post #8 of 10

VladL, thank you.  ^ icon14.gificon14.gif

 

Had not seen that piece of footage.  There is still hope.

 

World Peace Through Skiing!

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

VladL, thank you.  ^ icon14.gificon14.gif

 

Had not seen that piece of footage.  There is still hope.

 

World Peace Through Skiing!



both pieces are great.

 

world PEACE through Skiing!!!!! 

 

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgert View Post

 

I found this report in iTunes podcasts, from France 24. I typed up some subtitles and added it to the report and posted it on YouTube. After watching this, I guess I shouldn't bitch so much about our fixed grip chairs and lack of snowmaking:

 

 


 

Thanks for the post... it's good to see that some progress is being made... I think I saw that place previously in a Warren Miller film.

 

-Rich

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › After the Taliban Skiing Returns to Pakistan