- 3,846 Posts. Joined 3/2006
- Location: Bay Area and Truckee
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Squaw/Alpine looking to welcome Chinese tourists who ski Last post on 6/7/16 at 12:43pm in Skiing News
- California Dreaming (a trip of many misfortune, but fortunately no missed opportunity) Last post on 4/4/16 at 8:49am in Trip Reports
- California Skiing, March 17-25, 2016 Last post on 4/6/16 at 9:14am in Trip Reports
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Hot Dog Reunion at Squaw -April 26th Last post on 4/24/15 at 8:37am in General Skiing Discussion
Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Squaw Team pricespost #1 of 165/26/11 at 2:37pmThread StarterSquaw just announced the new season ski team pricing with substantial increases across the board. Big bummer.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 165/26/11 at 2:39pmpost #3 of 165/26/11 at 7:27pmThread Starter
Yeah, my credit card is about to explode too. What really galls me is that I heard a few times that they decided that they have too many kids in the program and raising prices is their way to trim the enrollment. That's just wrong...post #4 of 165/26/11 at 9:50pm
Do we see KSL Partners influence here? It's kind of a classic "business" decision to charge more for what people are willing to pay for. I could understand if they're bumping up against constraints (staff, lunch space, chaos). I wonder what else will be more expensive. Certainly not the Gold Pass, although there are fewer freebies.post #5 of 165/26/11 at 10:04pm
Squaw takes away some benefit from the Gold pass. For some people it is worth the extra so it is not exactly a reduction in price. They will not lost money if they can sell twice as many Gold pass this year, Every visit is in the computer system now. It is not hard to optimize income by adjusting ticket price.post #6 of 165/26/11 at 10:51pmpost #7 of 165/27/11 at 5:52ampost #8 of 165/27/11 at 6:41ampost #9 of 165/27/11 at 6:55ampost #10 of 165/27/11 at 10:42ampost #11 of 165/27/11 at 1:05pmThread Starterpost #12 of 165/27/11 at 1:05pmThread StarterQuote:
Bummer about the beer too... KSL at work...post #13 of 166/12/11 at 2:06pm
I put down my $6k last week too although in our case it turned out to be a wash (savings from gold pass paid for ski team increases within a couple of dollars).
I would suggest that we don't really know yet what KSL is going to do, I believe that Andy and KSL spent the past season trying to figure out what they bought warts and all.
We have 2 kids on the ski team and there are lots of things that I would like to see change/improve. Again in our case we will be paying another 12% for kids team passes and coaching, if we see a significant improvement in how the team is run, how coaches are trained, who gets hired to coach, etc. it might be worth the increase. I guess we'll find out in December.post #14 of 166/12/11 at 3:00pm
Ouch -- $2200-2500 if you buy before Wednesday, presumably higher if you wait until fall? That would be $6900 for my family.
Sure makes the $1300-$1625 (through October; +$100 after) on our side of the ridge seem like a bargain, even before the 10% multi-kid discount.... Not that $4550 is cheap....post #15 of 166/12/11 at 6:27pm
My hill's ski team went to Utah from mid December to early Feb, rather than risk Cali's boilerpack in January. It'll be interesting to see if SV now loses school teams like the Queenstown (New Zealand) Team who have families filling midweek beds, buying meals etc for nearly 2 months etc. As things are, airfares to Japan and Europe are half the price of air to the US.post #16 of 166/12/11 at 6:50pm
Now if KSL had these uniforms, no one would complain about joining
- Squaw Team prices
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at Squaw
- › Basic entry level poles? 3 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 13 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 15 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 56 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Colorado Winter Driving...is AWD enough? 5 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer