- 3,866 Posts. Joined 3/2006
- Location: Bay Area and Truckee
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Xmas Holiday Ski Experiences Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Squaw/Alpine looking to welcome Chinese tourists who ski Last post on 6/7/16 at 12:43pm in Skiing News
- California Dreaming (a trip of many misfortune, but fortunately no missed opportunity) Last post on 4/4/16 at 8:49am in Trip Reports
- California Skiing, March 17-25, 2016 Last post on 4/6/16 at 9:14am in Trip Reports
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Squaw Team pricespost #1 of 165/26/11 at 2:37pmThread StarterSquaw just announced the new season ski team pricing with substantial increases across the board. Big bummer.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 165/26/11 at 2:39pmpost #3 of 165/26/11 at 7:27pmThread Starter
Yeah, my credit card is about to explode too. What really galls me is that I heard a few times that they decided that they have too many kids in the program and raising prices is their way to trim the enrollment. That's just wrong...post #4 of 165/26/11 at 9:50pm
Do we see KSL Partners influence here? It's kind of a classic "business" decision to charge more for what people are willing to pay for. I could understand if they're bumping up against constraints (staff, lunch space, chaos). I wonder what else will be more expensive. Certainly not the Gold Pass, although there are fewer freebies.post #5 of 165/26/11 at 10:04pm
Squaw takes away some benefit from the Gold pass. For some people it is worth the extra so it is not exactly a reduction in price. They will not lost money if they can sell twice as many Gold pass this year, Every visit is in the computer system now. It is not hard to optimize income by adjusting ticket price.post #6 of 165/26/11 at 10:51pmpost #7 of 165/27/11 at 5:52ampost #8 of 165/27/11 at 6:41ampost #9 of 165/27/11 at 6:55ampost #10 of 165/27/11 at 10:42ampost #11 of 165/27/11 at 1:05pmThread Starterpost #12 of 165/27/11 at 1:05pmThread StarterQuote:
Bummer about the beer too... KSL at work...post #13 of 166/12/11 at 2:06pm
I put down my $6k last week too although in our case it turned out to be a wash (savings from gold pass paid for ski team increases within a couple of dollars).
I would suggest that we don't really know yet what KSL is going to do, I believe that Andy and KSL spent the past season trying to figure out what they bought warts and all.
We have 2 kids on the ski team and there are lots of things that I would like to see change/improve. Again in our case we will be paying another 12% for kids team passes and coaching, if we see a significant improvement in how the team is run, how coaches are trained, who gets hired to coach, etc. it might be worth the increase. I guess we'll find out in December.post #14 of 166/12/11 at 3:00pm
Ouch -- $2200-2500 if you buy before Wednesday, presumably higher if you wait until fall? That would be $6900 for my family.
Sure makes the $1300-$1625 (through October; +$100 after) on our side of the ridge seem like a bargain, even before the 10% multi-kid discount.... Not that $4550 is cheap....post #15 of 166/12/11 at 6:27pm
My hill's ski team went to Utah from mid December to early Feb, rather than risk Cali's boilerpack in January. It'll be interesting to see if SV now loses school teams like the Queenstown (New Zealand) Team who have families filling midweek beds, buying meals etc for nearly 2 months etc. As things are, airfares to Japan and Europe are half the price of air to the US.post #16 of 166/12/11 at 6:50pm
Now if KSL had these uniforms, no one would complain about joining
- Squaw Team prices
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at Squaw
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 27 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 41 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 47 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 48 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 54 minutes ago
- › Why don't more people carve? (started in "Ski Softly" thread) 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Ski carving how to improve 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Sitting in the backseat 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!