Is anyone out there a proponent of having a one ski quiver ?
Here are of some of the potential benefits:
- You never have to check weather / conditions to determine what skis to bring to the mountain
- As conditions change during the day, you're always on the 'correct' ski
- If throughout the day you decide to switch from on-piste / off-piste, groomed, bumps, etc - you're never wishing you brought your 'other' skis
- You 'master' your one ski, you get to know the more subtle nuances of how to best drive your ski whether you're on ice, powder, or skiing off the groomed run on to off-piste conditions
- All of the above potentially making you a more 'skilled' skier
- It's cheaper
I understand that different skis are designed for different conditions, types of skiing etc - so no need to weigh in on this obvious benefit of multi-ski quivers. Interested in hearing if anyone feels there is a 'benefit' of a one ski quiver ?