Powder Skiing at Wisp
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Whistler in February vs. April for Blue Square Skiers Last post on 4/27/16 at 6:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Hot Dog The Movie Background NotesLast edited: 8/1/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Hot Dog The Movie Background Notes
Post Your Ski Videos Here! - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Here's my first edit, filmed at Wolf Creek last weekend. Now I just need to win that GoPro from the Lifttickets.com contest so it's not so shaky! Considering I filmed this with my digital camera however, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thoughts? Enjoy.
Apparently the attendant at the top of lift 15 didn't secure his snowboard and it went for a ride down the mountain after the wind blew it away.
Pano. Footage consists of latest slackcountry lap. A couple of cliff bands just out of reach of the ski hill flaglines. At song change "Gut-shot" has filled in nicely this year(1:25).
^^^Gut-shot in December^^^
When you see the Pontoons get ready to bail(1:50).\/\/\/
Further and further into the slackcountry has been a year of small wind slabs, big sluffs, and a size 2 all starting around 2:30.
Edit from the last several weeks. Mostly storm days so the only footage that came out was mostly in the trees. Kinda bummed about all the stuff that got blurred due to moisture or wasn't useable because it was white-out, but figured I'd give it a shot anyway. Definitely need more blue-bird days next year.
Edited by JayT - 4/13/12 at 10:48am
Wow, some amazing video's here... We were up in Scotland last week, skiing of the back off Cairngorm... had an amazing couple of days and couldn't believe it was May!
Here's a little video we put together, would love your comments...
Pretty cool video's in the posts above.
I was able to get a small taste of being a ski-bum this last season, (even though I'm a 53 year-old computer analyst). Here is one that I made from back-2-back trips to JH this winter. I talked my managers at work into giving me "flex" hours for a week in February and this is what I did with it. Five days of skiing with my son-in-law riding the board and staying in JH for free, (another story). And then another 3 days with my wife, son and daughter-in-law.
[Note: I embedded the video in the post by using the filmstrip icon and copy/pasting the embed code from YouTube.]
No actual skiing but you might get a kick out of watching this podium video. It's the 1 - 4 year old boy's division at the NASTAR Nationals at Winter Park this past March. Hall of Famer Doug Lewis handles the announcing duties while Picabo Street (in the purple plaid vest) and Heidi Voelker hand out the awards. Watch one very pumped four year old working the crowd.
Makes a grandfather proud!
- Post Your Ski Videos Here!
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 9 minutes ago
- › Do I need a snow tire? 16 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 36 minutes ago
- › CO Man ordered to pay $260,000 in damages from skiing accident 45 minutes ago
- › Anyone using AT All Terrain tire that's great in snow - Likes and... 47 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 54 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 55 minutes ago
- › Kids Group vs Semi-Private Lesson 59 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Stockli Stormrider 88, 177cm, w/Marker Griffon demo bindings, $425 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer