- 82 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: GWS, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Whistler in February vs. April for Blue Square Skiers Last post on 4/27/16 at 6:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Hot Dog The Movie Background NotesLast edited: 8/1/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Hot Dog The Movie Background Notes
Post Your Ski Videos Here! - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Continuing the summer ski videos, here is my July outing in the Sawtooth Range in Idaho. This was above Hell Roaring Lake near a popular rock climbing destination called "The Finger of Fate".
(August will feature a trip to the Tetons on the Teepee Glacier and the Dike Couloir).
I know I'm not the only one skiing this summer, but apparently I'm the only one posting videos of summer skiing here on Epic Ski.
Here is my August edit. This started as a solo venture on the Teepee Glacier and the Dike Couloir in the Tetons, but I was joined by a pair of local JH skiers for the Dike Couloir portion. This snow wasn't the most friendly, but 2,000 vertical is pretty good for August. Fun times!
The first time I ever attempted the lake chutes at breck went very poorly.....I know I didn't make a good pole plant, but I still maintain that my ski pre-releasing is what made me go down. I'm thankful I missed the rock outcropping, by only a few feet. I demoted those ski's to rock ski's and got a new set that I was overdue for, and tried again, without incident, the second time around.
use the little film icon on the tool bar and then use this form of the URL: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4UGcI6NIsg". Here is your video using this method...
I guess this really isn't a "ski video" of my friends, family, or me skiing deep powder, but I thought it was worth posting. I shot this late last season during an avalanche control morning at Snowbasin. It has some nice shots, some great explosions and slides, and a good insight into what happens before the lifts open in the morning.
I posted this in the Colorado weather thread as well. Took this early last week. Been so long since I've skied conditions like that, that it took a little while to remember how to get back into it!
Here is an edit that I put together from a recent guided backcountry powder day in Grand Teton National Park. The guide was Aaron Dahill of Exum Guides. The powder was truly amazing!
- Post Your Ski Videos Here!
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 12 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 18 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 22 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 35 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 35 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 39 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 48 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 50 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 1 hour ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer