Pictures from Pyrénées 2014!" src="/img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif" />
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Whistler in February vs. April for Blue Square Skiers Last post on 4/27/16 at 6:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Whitefish Mountain Resort Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 11/3/15
- Hot Dog The Movie Background NotesLast edited: 8/1/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Hot Dog The Movie Background Notes
Post Your Ski Videos Here! - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Before I broke my leg last week I entered the CT Senior Winter Games winning the GS and finishing 4th in the downhill. Just for giggles, I went back up and ran the downhill again on my snowboard. Got clocked at 47 mph (hit 55 in Davos seven years ago at age 60). Here's a view of the course from the perspective of a chest mounted GoPro.
Fraid so. I was laying down a wicked toe side carve at Stratton on my 178 cm Sigi Grabner GS board (the same one in the video above) when I hit a patch of snow left by the groomers. I flipped forward and the board came down sideways with the leading edge biting. I went from 30 mph to zero in a half second. The hardboot pulled right out of the binding. Broke the tib-fib but surgery isn't necessary. I'm still going to the Nationals at Snowmass in two weeks but as a photographer, not a racer.
Frustrating because I was having a good year in my age group: Nationally ranked 8th in skiing and 1st in boarding. Like the Cubs fans say, "There's always next year...."
Looks great to me. I enjoyed the video.
Just thought I'd bump this one back to the top. Pretty funny!
Your videos are noticeably better! Dunno if you got someone new doing shooting/editing, but they're far more dynamic, well edited, whimsical and fun. Great job Start Haus!
I am not usually a fan of GoPro footage, except of course when I am taking it or I am the subject of said video . With that said, I figure I can make you all watch for 30 seconds.
Here is a quick hitter a friend shot from behind on Sunday afternoons sunny springtime slopes.
My season is over, so here's a little edit. Good excuse to use the latest song from The Black Keys...
I only managed a handful of powder days this season between low-tide Tahoe and a quick trip to Utah in early February, but they were fun. With a baby on the way and coming sooner than later, getting away to the mountains is no longer an option so I'm throwing in the towel. Footage is mostly from Squaw Valley, Northstar, Alta and Solitude. I'm already looking forward to next November - it's going to be a long off season.
Edited by JayT - 3/25/14 at 9:14am
It is getting almost to the end of my "resort skiing" season and we had a great late season storm here at Bogus Basin. Here is a quick video that I edited of the action today. A couple of weeks ago the BB mgt announced they were going to close early at the end of March. Since that announcement, they have had 2 feet of new snow. . Oh, the music is by 3 Doors Down, and they block the video on Mobile devices. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience that may cause.
When you think your ski season is already over and then you get one last day and it happens to be the best day of the entire season, well, that's fun. Filmed on Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at Squaw Valley. The resort reported 16 inches overnight but by the time the lifts were spinning it was closer to 20 and it was also the driest, lightest snow Tahoe has seen in a long time. Visibility was good on the Shirley / Granite side and not so good on the KT to Siberia side, so most of this footage is from the former.
Around 160GB of footage and a few weeks worth of editing went into this one.
It was somewhat inspired by the music clip of Fake Blood - I think I like it:
The intro should also ring a bell for those who have seen the movie Snatch.
We're lucky that one of the skiers is a professional, and he can't help himself put in all possible special effects:
- Post Your Ski Videos Here!
- › Salomon X Max 130 vs Fischer Full Fit 140 13 minutes ago
- › Blizzard Bonafide vs Nordica Enforcer 16 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 32 minutes ago
- › Zipfit choice 34 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Brand New Skis - Do they need wax? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer