Recent Images In This Thread
- itemArapahoe Basintagged by System, 5/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Summit County 2/26-2/28 Last post on 3/2/17 at 3:35pm in Trip Reports
- Advice for April Skiing this Year? Last post on 3/3/17 at 8:11am in General Skiing Discussion
- Must ski lines in CO? [traveler staying at Breckenridge] Last post on 2/1/17 at 2:47pm in General Skiing Discussion
- East coaster headed west [4-day Epic Pass, lodging in Dillon, early Jan] Last post on 12/29/16 at 10:53am in General Skiing Discussion
- Winter Park or Loveland Week Before Christmas? Last post on 8/30/16 at 8:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
A picture says a thousand words...post #1 of 125/21/11 at 8:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 125/21/11 at 8:35pmpost #3 of 125/21/11 at 8:43pmpost #4 of 125/22/11 at 6:52ampost #5 of 125/22/11 at 11:08ampost #6 of 125/22/11 at 12:02pmpost #7 of 125/23/11 at 11:46ampost #8 of 125/24/11 at 8:25pm
This thread should be moved to Ski Instruction and Coaching so it can be debated ad nauseum about the reach of your pole plant.
Congrats on a great photo and your making us live vicariously through you!post #9 of 125/25/11 at 2:57ampost #10 of 125/25/11 at 4:49ampost #11 of 125/25/11 at 4:34pmpost #12 of 125/25/11 at 10:53pmThread Starter
After choking on snow all day Saturday, I decided to come up for air on Sunday. Here's another one for the instructor's book. A nice chicken wing with some backseatish driving (once it warmed up, I didn't quite trust rocker to keep me up through the thick and creamy ACL snow).
And yes, I can throw down a wicked carve, too. With rockered fat skis, no less! The prior weekend. Spring corn is FUN!
Edited by Brian Lindahl - 5/25/11 at 11:20pm
- A picture says a thousand words...
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Western Gathering 2017 Trip Report - Whistler Blackcomb 23 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 4 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 5 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Before and after 5 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 5 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview