I love that video. That's how I first came across the Unofficial site.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlpine Meadowstagged by System, 5/26/11
- topicEpicSki Gatheringstagged by System, 5/26/11
- itemHeavenlytagged by System, 5/26/11
- itemKirkwood Mountain Resorttagged by System, 5/26/11
- itemMt. Rose - Ski Tahoetagged by System, 11/5/11
- itemNorthstar-at-Tahoetagged by System, 5/26/11
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by System, 9/7/11
- itemSugar Bowl Resorttagged by System, 5/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- Spending Christmas in Sacramento Last post on 10/23/13 at 12:38pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Trip to lake Tahoe? Last post on 10/22/13 at 2:22pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- ski lake tahoe - day tix for up to 8 resorts for $329 Last post on 7/14/13 at 1:47am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Tahoe - what priority order to ski? Last post on 1/26/13 at 2:43pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Northstar California Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/16/13
- Sugar Bowl, CA - A PictorialLast edited: 10/14/13
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2012 Gathering in Lake Tahoe 2/26-3/3/12 - Page 21post #601 of 131811/1/11 at 3:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 131811/1/11 at 4:00pmThread Starter
We just met with the folks from Squaw and they are excited to have us come to their mountain. HERE is a thread for those that will be requiring a daily ticket at Squaw and those not getting a Tahoe 6-Pack or are pass holders. We should also receive some food discount vouchers with ticket purchases.post #603 of 131811/1/11 at 4:06pmpost #604 of 131811/1/11 at 4:09pmQuote:
FWIW, The only similarity of Squaw Valley and Deer Valley is the word "Valley" in their name(s).
Squaw Valley is mosdef worth the price of admission!post #605 of 131811/1/11 at 4:43pmpost #606 of 131811/1/11 at 5:48pm
Sinecure, your Bay Area friends might prefer (if it's repeated) a 5 pak Legend:Squaw Valley USA Launches the New ‘Squaw Legend 5-Pack’
A 5-Visit Pass: Five Visits. Valid Any Day. Less than $60 per day.
[Squaw Valley USA] January 3, 2011 - Squaw Valley announced a new 5-visit value pass that allows skiers and riders to enjoy the resort’s legendary conditions for less than $60 per day, saving up to 53%. The Squaw Legend 5-Pack will function as a five-day season pass allowing skiers and riders to go directly to the chairlifts on any five days of the 2010-11 winter season with no date restrictions. After the initial five visits, the pass is reloadable in increments of five throughout the season at this price, however, the original purchase must be made on or before Monday, January 17, 2011.
“We are excited to launch this new and innovative lift ticket product,” noted Scott Clarkson, Squaw Valley’s Vice President of Marketing and Sales. “The Legend 5-Pack is a way for everyone from weekend warriors to vacationing visitors to enjoy our incredible conditions at an affordable rate. We are honoring this season’s legendary snowpack with the Legend 5-Pack.”
The Legend 5-Pack is available online at squaw.com as well at Special Tickets and the Season Pass Office. As there are no date restrictions, the 5-pack is available any day including holidays throughout the 2010-11 winter season. The 5-Pack is a non-transferable product limited to the individual’s name and picture on the pass. The product is valid through May 8, 2011.
And a friend of a passholder gets
post #607 of 131811/1/11 at 8:39pmQuote:
- Bring a friend and receive $10 off of an adult all day lift ticket or $5 off a senior, youth or child lift ticket. Valid when winter pass is valid, limit one discount ticket per passholder, per day. Passholder must be present for purchase.
Being non-transferable would be a problem for non-California folks who won't visit Squaw Valley except
during the gathering.post #608 of 131811/2/11 at 4:24am
I got an email yesterday saying my six-pack shipped. According to FEDEX I'll get it today or tomorrow. It's coming to my work address, but I'm outta here by 2:30pm, so I may not see it today.post #609 of 131811/2/11 at 8:11amQuote:
Should not be buried at the bottom of a pagepost #610 of 131811/2/11 at 8:12amQuote:
Sorry, it will be for that day only.post #611 of 131811/2/11 at 8:14amThread Starterpost #612 of 131811/2/11 at 9:59am
As you know we have a special even auction in the Auctions and Online Special Events forum. The deal is, go to the Snow Bomb Ski and Snowboard Festival for free (cost of entry is a trip report). The admission includes THREE FREE LIFT TICKETS.
Snowbomb just sweetened the deal with an offer for $15.00 tickets to the TGR and MSP movie event which includes a ticket to Alpine Meadow, and Sugar Bowl.
Please post here or send me a PM for details if you want to go. This discount is good for FREE admission to Snow Bomb in Silicon Valley November 12-13 in Silicone Valley. You may use the free pass and add $20 at the gate for the Beer Tasting event.
Also available are $15 passes for the TGR and MSP movie nights which include free tickets to Alpine Meadows or Sugar Bowl:
TGR Movie Premiere - Friday Night (Nov. 11 - 8pm) - FREE ALPINE MEADOWS TICKET with each admission!SnowBomb is partnering with Teton Gravity Research to showcase their new film "One for the Road" on Friday night in the Santa Clara Convention Center Theatre on Nov 11 at 8pm. Everyone who purchases a ticket will also get a free Alpine Meadows lift ticket valid Sun-Fri (no Saturdays) all season long!! You must attend the movie to claim your free lift ticket.MSP Movie Premiere - Saturday Night (Nov. 12 - 8pm) - FREE SUGAR BOWL TICKET with each admission!SnowBomb is partnering with Matchstick Productions to host their new film "Attack of La Nina" on Saturday night in the Santa Clara Convention Center Theatre on Nov 12 at 8pm. Everyone that purchases a ticket will also get a free Sugar Bowl lift ticket valid Sun-Fri (no Saturdays) all season long!! You must attend the movie to claim your free lift ticket.post #613 of 131811/2/11 at 10:11ampost #614 of 131811/2/11 at 10:27ampost #615 of 131811/2/11 at 10:48ampost #616 of 131811/2/11 at 3:49pmpost #617 of 131811/2/11 at 3:52pmQuote:
Mine arrived today.post #618 of 131811/2/11 at 5:43pmpost #619 of 131811/2/11 at 6:55pmpost #620 of 131811/2/11 at 8:38pm
Mine arrived before yours did.
Someday we'll have to stop arguing like little kids.post #621 of 131811/3/11 at 1:29ampost #622 of 131811/3/11 at 1:55ampost #623 of 131811/3/11 at 2:34pm
Same here, totally fired up.... and it's still almost 4 months away.... ah well with the New England winter arriving early I will hopefully hit Killington at least once between TGiving and Xmas...
Gotta make some decisions on accomodations... stay the whole time using a Casino offer? Look into a condo of some sort for part of time? Decisions, decisions....post #624 of 131811/3/11 at 3:08pm
Hey did I order the wrong 6 pack? all of the tickets aren't good for all of the resorts.
1- Heavenly, kirkwood, mt rose
2- Heavenly & Sierra
3- Kirkwood & Sierra
4- Squaw N* & rose
5- Squaw & A-Meadows
6- N* & A-Meadows
So how many of these will we really use?post #625 of 131811/3/11 at 4:13pm
Finndog, you will use all of them. Please note the following itinerary, painstakingly planned by the Gathermeister(s):
Sunday: Skiers Choice/Arrival Day for some
Monday: Alpine Meadows
Tuesday: Mt. Rose
Wednesday: Northstar at Tahoe
Thursday: Squaw Valley
The Tahoe 6-pack will work perfectly. Just use an appropriate voucher on the day you're going to a particular resort. For example, if you find yourself at Alpine Meadows, you can use either of the two vouchers that include Alpine Meadows. The other resorts for that voucher can be found on at least one other voucher.
It would only be an issue the scheduled resort for a day of the day has some serious weather or conditions that another area didn't have. I think the Gathermeister(s) are going to be monitoring this and adjusting the schedule as needed. At least, I would hope.....post #626 of 131811/3/11 at 6:06pm
Looks easy enough as long as you do the correct tickets on the correct days. (see my edits inline below)
Quote:Originally Posted by Finndog
Hey did I order the wrong 6 pack? all of the tickets aren't good for all of the resorts.
1- Heavenly, kirkwood, mt rose ---> Rose Tuesday
2- Heavenly & Sierra ---> Heavenly Friday
3- Kirkwood & Sierra ---> Kirkwood Saturday
4- Squaw N* & rose ---> Squaw Thursday
5- Squaw & A-Meadows ---> Alpine Monday
6- N* & A-Meadows ---> N* Wednesday
So how many of these will we really use?post #627 of 131811/4/11 at 4:13ampost #628 of 131811/4/11 at 5:22ampost #629 of 131811/4/11 at 5:49am
- 2012 Gathering in Lake Tahoe 2/26-3/3/12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Northstar California Unofficial Guide
- › Demo bindings 12 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 16 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 28 minutes ago
- › 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 28 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 35 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 45 minutes ago
- › Confirmed: VW bringing Golf Sportwagen Alltrack to the U.S. (for... 52 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Question about shuttle bus from Banff to ski areas 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer