Most experienced skiers will acknowledge that there are some very basic skills related to skiing which must be mastered in order to survive on a ski slope ( never mind off terrain or in "extreme" contexts)
I am sure some of you will chuckle when you read some of these skills yet I just witnessed some British ( it could have been any students, from any country) students demonstrating how poorly they were prepared to ski at a major American ski resort.
Here are some very basic ski survival skills all beginners should be taught or at least shown!
1. How to fall ( or how NOT to fight the fall) . Strange that other sports such as Judo, Wrestling etc,,,, teach in the very first lessons how to fall!
2. How to get up from a fall.
3. Yes,,,how to carry skis! ( The many posts and pictures indicate how many persons do not know how master this skill.)
4.How to walk UP a ski slope.
5. How to get into a ski binding once on an inclined slope.
6. How to clean snow off ski boot soles
7. How to dress. This item will I am sure generate much since in the "anything goes" context,,,,,,,any dress item is "acceptable!
There are some dress items that are dangerous. In my country,,a long dangling scarf is not permitted!
8. Basic ( very basic) safety rules.
9. How to "adjust" ( put on) ski boots!!!! Yes I saw a student skiing with all buckles off ( and the instructor did not say a word) !!!
The last item,,I leave to you all. I am sure you have many to add.
Enjoy the list!