or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Billy Kidd Sundance Hart ski's question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Billy Kidd Sundance Hart ski's question

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

Hello!

 

I hope I am posting in the correct part of the forum. Great community you have here, I was just browsing. I found these in the attic and I wanted to learn more about them. I did found out who Billy Kidd was, my question is are these worth anything? I don't want them to be thrown away by my folks or worse. Does anyone know how much these are worth?

 

I saw a thread or post where it was a museum outside with all kinds of ski's, it had this one in the collection. 

 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/rodeeze/IMG_1146.jpg

 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/rodeeze/IMG_1147.jpg

 

 

Thank you very much in advance! I appreciate any help given smile.gif

post #2 of 22


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeeze View Post

Hello!

 

I hope I am posting in the correct part of the forum. Great community you have here, I was just browsing. I found these in the attic and I wanted to learn more about them. I did found out who Billy Kidd was, my question is are these worth anything? I don't want them to be thrown away by my folks or worse. Does anyone know how much these are worth?

 

I saw a thread or post where it was a museum outside with all kinds of ski's, it had this one in the collection. 

 

 

IMG_1146.jpg

 

IMG_1147.jpg

Thank you very much in advance! I appreciate any help given smile.gif




"hart" skis, Billy Kidd ? model.  Salomon 444 bindings, circa 1978 or 79?  Not worth much even though they are in nice shape.  Guessing $25-$100 depending on the collector.

 

I think you can edit your thread title to change "Heart" to "hart" wink.gif

post #3 of 22

Wow, graphics very similar to Rossignol Freestyle and even the CM's. I believe 78 or 79 was the last year for 444's. 

post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 

Very interesting. Thank you for the help. How can I find out what year? Is it on the actual ski's? 

post #5 of 22

Those vertical stripes also remind me of the 1980-1981 hart skis.  Rossi Smash or Philpug might know for sure.

post #6 of 22
Thread Starter 

Do you guys recommend me posting some pictures? Where can I find buyers for these skis? 

 

Thank you very much!

/

post #7 of 22

The Hart Skis that where made famous back before 1973 are the Hart Javelin. 

 

If you have a pair prior from 1973 then they a some value. 

 

 

Billy Kidd skied on Hart Javelins at the Japan Winter Olympics.

 

 

post #8 of 22

People,

 

Marketing of any ski is just that.

 

Supply inventory manufacturing disribution and investment.

 

The Harts that are made today are  based on a name and a supply inventory chain or disribition and investment

 

It's a very good core and other contractors or Famous names in wood ski manufacturing go to the same supplier.

 

Most People have no idea. 

 

Who makes the best laminated 4x8 sheet of Laminated Plywood to cut multiple wood cores for skis?

 

Ask Me.

post #9 of 22

The laminates of any race ski. 

 

Types of Spruce, Hickory and Birch. 

 

All for flex and light weight. 

 

Spacific woods may be better but some woods after they dry out are not as flexible. 

 

I call it the laminatin of spars like old  Airocraft planes and main spares that where made out of spruce. They where Flex and light weight.

 

The Spruce Goose is an example of a rich oil  guy who built the worlds largest wooden sea plane out of Spruce.

 

We fly in the air and we ski. 

 

Don't laugh at me or get angery when I cut in front of you  in the lift line with my Hart Javelins. 

 

Who love's Ya all,

 

 

The Duff

post #10 of 22

I skied a set of new Hart Javelin's this year.  One of them has a bent tip and they've never been crashed.  icon13.gif

 

Hart can't/won't warranty them.  They are "bound to bend" because they "have Titanal in them".  Plus Hart is out of stock of the Javelin GS 191 and no plans to make more.  They are leaving the racing business.

 

Off to Kneissl I go.

post #11 of 22

This is the Hart ski contractor factory.

 

Got to

 

http://www.sporten.cz/eng/catalog/special-skis/race-alpine/

post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post

I skied a set of new Hart Javelin's this year.  One of them has a bent tip and they've never been crashed.  icon13.gif

 

Hart can't/won't warranty them.  They are "bound to bend" because they "have Titanal in them".  Plus Hart is out of stock of the Javelin GS 191 and no plans to make more.  They are leaving the racing business.

 

Off to Kneissl I go.


Bob Barnes has a new pair of 191 Javelin GS's. They could swap inventory with him and get you a ski. 

 

post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post

I skied a set of new Hart Javelin's this year.  One of them has a bent tip and they've never been crashed.  icon13.gif

 

Hart can't/won't warranty them.  They are "bound to bend" because they "have Titanal in them".  Plus Hart is out of stock of the Javelin GS 191 and no plans to make more.  They are leaving the racing business.

 

Off to Kneissl I go.


With all due respect, you are saying the tip just folded over on a Pair of 191 GS racers...? Srsly? Never "Crashed"? Whats the definition? PHIL? Knowing what you know about these skis Phil, do you think that's even possible? Fuj... I just cant buy that... sorry man...

 

post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by The duff View Post

This is the Hart ski contractor factory.

 

Got to

 

http://www.sporten.cz/eng/catalog/special-skis/race-alpine/



Um Duff... thats where the kids skis are made... some of them... Most Harts are handmade in Italy with Beech and Ash cores... others are handmade in the US in Denver and Vashan...

MMm jess sayin...

post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_MarSOC View Post


With all due respect, you are saying the tip just folded over on a Pair of 191 GS racers...? Srsly? Never "Crashed"? Whats the definition? PHIL? Knowing what you know about these skis Phil, do you think that's even possible? Fuj... I just cant buy that... sorry man...

 



I never noticed this whenever it was posted.  But no they didn't fold without crashing.  They folded before they were ever even skied.  I was already in contact with Hart before the winter started.

post #16 of 22

Oh thats why.  Because it was just posted lol.

 

Yes I have emails to Hart weeks before the winter started regarding the bent tip.  They never responded.

post #17 of 22

P4110163.JPG

post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post

P4110163.JPG


decambered base to base, which profile seems bent?

 

post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by The duff View Post

This is the Hart ski contractor factory.

 

Got to

 

http://www.sporten.cz/eng/catalog/special-skis/race-alpine/



I like the Nordic "Skies" on the Sporten site -- at least they spelled it correctly with Alpine "Skis".

post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post


decambered base to base, which profile seems bent?

 



I really dont know.  Haven't owned enough GS ski to know what they are supposed to look like.  If I had to guess I'd say the taller one is the wrong one, but that's a shot in the dark.

 

I still ski them that way.

post #21 of 22

OK a couple questions... Where did you get the skis? Also, I do not see anything that can be called a "Folded Tip". I do see a tip that is bent up slightly compared to the one next to it- likely someone stored it improperly or did something to it in shipping etc. I have never seen any sent out from the factory that way. Can you post other pics?

 

Also, what email address did you send it to at Hart?

post #22 of 22

I don't recall?  I haven't dealt with this in awhile.  It was shipped that way however.  I have an email somewhere on record to Hart about it from November 2010.  I never skied them until January 2011.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Billy Kidd Sundance Hart ski's question