EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Hunter Mountain Chairlift Incident
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hunter Mountain Chairlift Incident

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Anyone hear about this or have photos? A chair on the Z-lift apparently broke at the weld on April 2nd. I couldn't find any news about it other than on the forum. 

 

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=93397

 

The person who was on the chair actually joined up to comment on it in Post #16

 

Full Disclosure: I just took over AlpineZone and am running the forums now. I wanted to see if anyone here was at Hunter on the 2nd  (last Saturday) and had any insight or pictures into what happened? 

 

Mods: please let me know if I'm violating any rules here, I'm new to EpicSki and want to be a model forum member for ya wink.gif

 

-Nick 

post #2 of 9

Im surprised that this doesn't happen more often some of these old chairs look like the only thing holding them together is the 40 coats of paint.   That lift makes me motion sick, it bobbs up and down.

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Here's a photo they posted on Facebook:

500
post #4 of 9

Good thing they are removing that chair and replacing it with the old AA chair in its place (though I am not sure if they are making it a high speed quad back there).

post #5 of 9
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post

Good thing they are removing that chair and replacing it with the old AA chair in its place (though I am not sure if they are making it a high speed quad back there).


There are rarely any lines on the lift to the far right as you look up the mountain (Y?).  I heard they ere replacing both liftsover there with one high speed quad.  Parafly, can you confirm?
 

 

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeasterner View Post




There are rarely any lines on the lift to the far right as you look up the mountain (Y?).  I heard they ere replacing both liftsover there with one high speed quad.  Parafly, can you confirm?
 

 

 

Yes this is true,   They plan to replace both Z and Y lifts with the old HSQ that was replaced with high speed six last summer.  Originally they were going to make the HSQ into a fixed grip quad.  The cost of retrofitting it to fixed grip quad was very high.  Now the current plan is install it on the west side as a HSQ.  How people are going to get out of the west side when the old/new HSQ fails should be interesting. 



 

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post



 


Hope this doesnt encourage crowds back there....that is the only place where you can ski all day till your legs fall off, nearly non stop.

 

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Rich View Post




Hope this doesnt encourage crowds back there....that is the only place where you can ski all day till your legs fall off, nearly non stop.

 


 

Forgot about East side w/ the F lift

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Hunter Mountain Chairlift Incident