- 821 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: A city on a hill in the middle of the world
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBootfittingtagged by System, 4/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Boot buying - do I need a custom fitting? Last post on 10/16/16 at 5:36am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Is off-piste skiing hard on knees? Last post on 10/4/16 at 8:47pm in Fitness, Health, Nutrition, Injury, and Recovery
- Flex for a 6'3" 200lbs beginner? Last post on 7/25/16 at 9:16am in Ski Gear Discussion
- boot size Last post on 6/22/16 at 8:22am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Was Fit for New Dalbellos - Question on Process Last post on 12/29/15 at 7:03am in Ask the Boot Guys
How To Get Your Boots On And Off
Last edited: 2/24/12
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!Last edited: 1/21/12
- MasterfitLast edited: 4/25/11
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
- The Foot And Its Role In Skiing By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Canting works or money maker - Page 2post #31 of 324/10/11 at 12:44pmI'm a bit surprised that no one else has copied the daleboot system - though one person testing my bindings told me that my release values were different because of the extra elasticity in the heel.post #32 of 324/10/11 at 1:02pm
Daleboot still holds some patents, so it can't be copied. Who else has pop on and off canted soles,adjustable footbeds, the reversed buckles (that can't open from boot out), the rear hinge that pops open for powder or teaching (patent expired on that), etc.? People usually think about the company when they can't fit into anything else and have no choice but to purchase a custom boot. However, the innovation and skiability (if that is a word) is what makes the product interesting. It is a component boot that can be used forever since all the parts can be replaced as they wear. Similar to an Oshkosh Truck, it will last forever. Daleboot's marketing leaves a lot to be desired.
Edited by quant2325 - 4/10/11 at 1:16pm
- Canting works or money maker
- Your Ski Socks DO Make a Difference!
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 9 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 22 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 44 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 46 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer